Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town A.F.C. v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 19148 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:02:03 »

Oh we are frustrating but none of us signed up for an easy journey, this is more like us all signing up for a trip with Scott of the Antarctic. If we wanted an easy ride we would all be Liverpool or Man Utd fans.

But, for whatever reason, be it geographical, historical or family/friends we have all ended up here.

Just gone outside the top 7 and might be in League 2 for some time as Captain Oates didn't say.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:06:11 »

Just gone outside the top 7 and might be in League 2 for some time as Captain Oates didn't say.
To which Scott replied "Great God! this is an awful place".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:07:05 »

Oh we are frustrating but none of us signed up for an easy journey, this is more like us all signing up for a trip with Scott of the Antarctic. If we wanted an easy ride we would all be Liverpool or Man Utd fans.

Think that would do wonders for a fair proportion of our fan bases blood pressure! I suspect that a lot of people would be considerably happier if they didn't support STFC and supported someone like City instead, it supposed to be fun!

But thank you for the Scott of the Antarctic reference, reminded me of this.

« Last Edit: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:09:42 by horlock07 » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:30:00 »

But, for whatever reason, be it geographical, historical or family/friends we have all ended up here.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my allegiance for anything. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:34:19 »

Very few people would/do.

With that said, one of my good mates from school, who was a Man U fan (because his dad was a Liverpool fan) now supports Reading off the back of trying to create a bit of rivalry with me. Living in Scotland, I was one of the rarer Swindon fans and I think it actually stopped me being bullied as one of the very few English people there at the time! Being in the Prem kind of helped also, as we were seen as not being utterly terrible! Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:31:28 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:36:30 »

I’ve had some truly fantastic times following STFC - not just the games themselves. By and large it’s been a hoot.

Just hoping we can at least get on solid ground before I pop me clogs.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:57:11 »

You can change your Woman but not your football team.
Always knew I got it wrong 🤣
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:59:24 »

I’ve had some truly fantastic times following STFC - not just the games themselves. By and large it’s been a hoot.

Starting to think this more now.
Getting more miles on the clock and once again the loyalty card overtaking the enjoyment.

My lad back this weekend and at least not driving up to Harrogate on my own.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:04:14 »

We have indeed had some massive highs and also the deepest of lows, none of us would change our allegiences now, if anything happened to the club I would not support a phoenix club I would stop watching football all together.

I am not interested in glory hunting Premier teams in the slightest.

Swindon Town football club is not a choice, its the closest thing to a religion, being with thousands of like minded fans on a matchday always hoping for a great result but more often than not getting an utterly disappointing one. A togetherness, a fraternity or a family.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:12:10 »

Starting to think this more now.
Getting more miles on the clock and once again the loyalty card overtaking the enjoyment.

My lad back this weekend and at least not driving up to Harrogate on my own.

If you aren’t enjoying it, why do you persist with it?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:13:45 »

We have indeed had some massive highs and also the deepest of lows, none of us would change our allegiences now, if anything happened to the club I would not support a phoenix club I would stop watching football all together.

I am not interested in glory hunting Premier teams in the slightest.

Swindon Town football club is not a choice, its the closest thing to a religion, being with thousands of like minded fans on a matchday always hoping for a great result but more often than not getting an utterly disappointing one. A togetherness, a fraternity or a family.

Well put Mate.
The same, it’s a religion that tests loyalty to the limit.
I always try and put the club on the map. Have stories that bring tears of laughter amongst friends.
How can you turn your back on history and memories? - You just can’t.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:14:01 »

If you aren’t enjoying it, why do you persist with it?

Loyal as fuck.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:20:57 »

What a surprise!

‘ Wayne Hatswell on injuries:

Good question. I have just come off the training pitch, but it looks like we will be light tomorrow. I don't want to say personell, but we are going to have to draft a few youngsters up for the bench. We lost Ty, but we have got Khan back. Clayton, Cain, Uwakwe, Ward are all long term. One has just fell out, so I need that confirmed.’
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:36:11 »

What a surprise!

Good question. I have just come off the training pitch, but it looks like we will be light tomorrow. I don't want to say personell, but we are going to have to draft a few youngsters up for the bench. We lost Ty, but we have got Khan back. Clayton, Cain, Uwakwe, Ward are all long term. One has just fell out, so I need that confirmed.’

It’s a fucking disgrace.
Competitive budget - absolute bollocks.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:39:12 »

What a surprise!

Ward is an odd one, claims of him being injured but it is sounds like he was recalled due to not playing and the deal was for him to play when a players is sent on loan, had a shaky start but never been given a chance again despite our issues on the left
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: