Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Tickets have gone missing.......  (Read 6011 times)
mrdc19

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:46:14 »

I am absolutely devasted and stunned tonight.

The tickets were delivered yesterday by recorded delivery but as I was out so they could not be delivered.  There is a sign on the front door saying that if I am out please deliver to a certain neighbour.  Rather worryingly the neighbour does not have them, so it looks as if I am stuffed.

I am going ring the post office in the morning but from previous experience I know that there is very little that they can do about something has only been sent recorded delivery and they only insure things upto £40 and the tickets were worth almost £200.

Does anybody have any bright ideas?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:48:30 »

Check with your other neighbours?? Might have took them to a different one?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:50:32 »

I was under the impression that only the person at the address can sign for them not a neighbour etc.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:50:43 »

They wouldnt have delivered it to the neighbour.....go to your local office ware you pick up your post when not delivered...take a few quid as they may have them.
Theres no way they would drop it at the neighbours house,after all it could have been anyone who put that note on your door.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:51:15 »

That sucks. How do you know they were re-delivered today? Could they not be at the sorting office?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:53:34 »

Not much of a consolation in terms of your seat number but if you're local pop into the CG ticket office tomorrow with proff of purchase (email conf) and explain the situation to them. If not then give them a call or maybe give Ticket Zone a call.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:59:33 »

Royal Mail do deliver to a neighbour if you stick a note on the door, I've done it many times with parcels and they have always taken them where i asked and got them to sign for the stuff.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 18:59:57 »

Ticket Zone should have the recorded delivery reference to see if anyone has signed for it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:00:42 »

Did the postman leave a card? If so, check the reference number on the Royal Mail website - you should be able to see if they were delivered and who signed for them if they were.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:01:59 »

I never signed for either of my ticket deliverys they just stuck them through the door.

If you havent signed for them them you dont have them,get onto Ticketzone and create a fuss.

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:03:11 »

hopefully a swindon postie on here can help somehow?
mrOG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:04:30 »

I never signed for either of my ticket deliverys they just stuck them through the door.

If you havent signed for them them you dont have them,get onto Ticketzone and create a fuss.

Same here....big sticker on the front of the letter that says recorded delivery and they just stuck them through the letter box.  I'd definitely get onto TicketZone and get them to chase it up.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:05:56 »

hopefully a swindon postie on here can help somehow?

Probably made off with the tickets and will enjoy a day out on Saturday.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:08:03 »

post about it on the tef, best idea...

As others have said, they had to be signed for and you should be able to track that. If the Postie couldnt deliver them he would have left a card through the door saying they are at the local post/sorting office.

Your neighbours 'ad them i expect.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 19:24:46 »

I was under the impression that only the person at the address can sign for them not a neighbour etc.

Nope. Anyone can sign if a special instruction is left.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: