Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play Off Tickets  (Read 69674 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:29:43 »

but as a lot of away games are pay on the gate it's not possible.

Just need the club to stick someone on the gate and have people show their membership card to make a record of it.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:35:34 »

We were all expecting to be like this to be honest. Everyone knew the score after the issue with Oxford tickets etc.

Should've employed Yeovil Red to take everyone Season Tickets down this morning. He would've made £50 in beer money for your tickets.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:35:37 »

Seats gone, 350 terrace remain. (STFC Twitter)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:36:04 »

STFC Box Office ‏@STFCBoxOffice 3m

All seated away tickets have now sold out for Monday's game. Around 350 terrace tickets remaining #STFC
Expand

Completely pissed off I can't go (although the home leg tickets arrived in the post today!)

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:36:30 »

I got there at 7:15 am this morning and collected my tickets at 11:15 am. Fucking freezing too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:37:46 »

I got there at 7:15 am this morning and collected my tickets at 11:15 am. Fucking freezing too.

"Interesting" to see that getting there 1/2 later than me took 1 hour longer to get served. That's how lengthening queues work I suppose!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:39:00 »

Just need the club to stick someone on the gate and have people show their membership card to make a record of it.

Tories? That would suck ass. People with more money can afford all away games.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:39:21 »

So if you are a working man / woman, you're stuffed.....unless you've got someone who can queue for four hours or is willing to sit on a phone for a couple of hours. I wanted to go but I've got to work. I've had the ST for years, I' went to Brentford and a few others away this season but as I've got to work I'm stuffed.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:40:19 »

Up at 5am, 5.35 train from Stroud, in the queue for 6.35, tickets by 9.50. Oxford took 6 hours so today wasn't so bad.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:41:03 »

No it's not, think virtually all clubs send tickets to us for advance purchase.

They do but a lot of people buy on the day/gate. The club would need to put something out at the start of the season to encourage people to buy in advance and keep stubs or allow away tickets to be brought online so there was a record of purchase.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:42:19 »

So if you are a working man / woman, you're stuffed.....unless you've got someone who can queue for four hours or is willing to sit on a phone for a couple of hours. I wanted to go but I've got to work. I've had the ST for years, I' went to Brentford and a few others away this season but as I've got to work I'm stuffed.

Yes. I'm lucky my boss was understanding (plus he knows I put in the hours).

The stupidly quick time from season end->playoffs didn't leave the club much choice I suppose.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:44:15 »

Same as me without the ST
IF we go up could be like this most weeks
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:49:36 »

They do but a lot of people buy on the day/gate. The club would need to put something out at the start of the season to encourage people to buy in advance and keep stubs or allow away tickets to be brought online so there was a record of purchase.

Yeah i totally agree, they can't move the goalposts halfway through the season. Just make the deal:

- Those bought in advance get awarded points. If you buy on the day that's up to you but you know the score!

No need for stubs or too much additional admin, just those bought in advance get allocated against your season ticket card.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:53:03 »

I got one!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 11:55:06 »

I agree
I could not make the Stevenage game
Do not have a season ticket but have been to 17 home games and 6 away this season

May be a stupid point, but if you paid for 17 home games this season you would have been better off to buy a season ticket.  With the monthly payments option you would still be better off financially & wouldn't have to miss games like this.

One other point about ST's is that priority for tickets for matches like this is always marketed as one of the benefits.

I guess they (as most other clubs) believe that anyone prepared to commit a serious wedge of money to the club at the start of search season deserves priority over someone who can decide half way through the season that they've had enough and aren't going to any more games.

There is no ideal solution, and I am guessing we as a club do what most other teams do.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: