Pages: 1 ... 987 988 989 [990] 991 992 993 ... 1230   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4413274 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #14835 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:08:26 »

Fucking hell. It’s almost as if it was a minority that didn’t like/want Davison back next season. Simpson was a much better player and whilst age is being mentioned, this was his first ever spell in pro football at 19.

All this talk about him getting 9 goals and it being a good return… yeah it’s a solid return. But jheeze, when you have Payne, Mckirdy, Williams, Reed, Iandolo and Egbo putting it on a plate I’d expect Vincent Pericard to score goals in this team.

Fine as a back up. No way is he the man to be the go to number 9 week in week out, just watch the play off games to see why.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #14836 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:21:25 »

The issue with Davison is 2 fold, lack of technical ability and lack of instinct. The 1st is possibly coachable but then I guess Charlton thought the same and after 2 years have given up. The instinct side is completely different, you’ve either got it or you haven’t and he clearly doesn’t as he’s consistently caught on his heels in and around the box. The damning stat for this is that Davison is a lump yet didn’t get close to scoring a single header for us, it just suggests he’s not a striker who’s in the right place at the right time.

He may be useful as an option coming off the bench to mix things up and add a bit of energy, any more than that definitely not and he certainly isn’t worth paying money for.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14837 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:24:16 »

What would concern me is playing in a team next season which is set up differently and we don't create as many chances

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14838 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:25:17 »

I just don’t rate him enough, work rate unquestioned.
Can we do better? I hope so.
You could definitely raise the argument around Louie Barry and is he as effective as Davison?

I get that young players are unfinished and can improve.
Just hoping we can unearth a loan gem or dare day strike lucky with a signing.
Still my opinion I would take Simpson over Davison if given a straight choice.

Louie Barry will go on and have twice the career of Davison in my opinion. The older we get i think we forget just how young these lads are, i see the other day that in terms of goals and assists Barry was the 4th highest in the EFL last season. Thats in half a season and being injured. I would love him back
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14839 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:27:43 »

I think Davison will have a career languishing in the lower leagues just like Charlie Henry did.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14840 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:38:02 »

Louie Barry will go on and have twice the career of Davison in my opinion. The older we get i think we forget just how young these lads are, i see the other day that in terms of goals and assists Barry was the 4th highest in the EFL last season. Thats in half a season and being injured. I would love him back

So would I.
Only going one way and that is improving.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14841 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:41:38 »

I think Davison will have a career languishing in the lower leagues just like Charlie Henry did.
That's exactly what we need this season as well. You could argue we need a few average players to add to the squad. Some 7//10s rather than a few who are very good and a few who are just not good enough at all
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14842 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:48:39 »

Yes spot on!

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14843 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 08:49:07 »

Would like Davison back. I think a lot of his poorest performances came as a simple result of being absolutely knackered and having to play every minute of every game as we had no cover for his role at all. He literally didn't get substituted once after Feb 22nd, and he'd never have finished the Port Vale second leg if we'd had anyone else to come on, he could barely move.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14844 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 10:26:17 »

Would like Davison back. I think a lot of his poorest performances came as a simple result of being absolutely knackered and having to play every minute of every game as we had no cover for his role at all. He literally didn't get substituted once after Feb 22nd, and he'd never have finished the Port Vale second leg if we'd had anyone else to come on, he could barely move.

I think this is a pertinent point. Our lack of any squad depth meant he had to lead the line game after game and by the Vale second leg was absolutely spent, I think he did well in his time last season and did as well as he could. The effort was clearly there any whilst evidently not a natural finisher ended up with an above average goal ratio. I wouldn't be averse to trying to sign him, but we simply need more forwards and Davison wouldn't be one I would want starting as our only option week in and week out. (he won't be i'm certain of that)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14845 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:18:01 »

Davidson in some ways reminds me of Michael Smith. Now if someone had told me he would now be playing Championship football and getting in L1 teams of the year, I would of had the same reaction many of you are having with Davidson.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14846 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:23:35 »

Davison=no instinct, always a split second behind...frustrating as he gives his all...everything..

Clems Army!
kaufman

« Reply #14847 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:09:15 »

Davison=no instinct, always a split second behind...frustrating as he gives his all...everything..

Come on now, his goals against Sutton and Barrow. His assists against Walsall at home? Sometimes behind, not always.
I’d love to see a Davison up front that could be given a rest when needed.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #14848 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:15:34 »

I'd be happy for Davison to be here next season.

Originally brought in to be cover for Simpson, ended up playing pretty much every minute of every game.....must of been knackered. Probably could have helped being rested, coming off from time to time.

9 goals in 23, double that across a whole season is 18 in 46. You wouldn't complain over that but granted that is easier said than done.

First touch and winning headers were off but he still contributed a lot.

All in all, it is a yes from me but with competition in the same position.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14849 on: Friday, June 10, 2022, 12:39:28 »

I can’t believe that people are so wound up and turning on each other because of a different opinion (ITK or not)
100%.

Its been edging this way a lot recently, anyone with a differing opinion gets shouted down instantly, a lack of tolerance that seems to be shortening weekly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 989 [990] 991 992 993 ... 1230   Go Up
Print
Jump to: