Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: THE SAM MORSHEAD COLUMN: Trust is a very valuable commodity for Robins  (Read 15491 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 06:00:02 »

THE SAM MORSHEAD COLUMN: Trust is a very valuable commodity for Robins

THERE is something amiss in this world when proactive football fans have their initiative mocked for no real reason.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11329948.THE_SAM_MORSHEAD_COLUMN__Trust_is_a_very_valuable_commodity_for_Robins/?ref=rss

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:07:05 »

That's aimed at some on here. You know who you are  Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:19:11 »

Why the fuck do some people seem to have the idea that they are beyond criticism? Bullshit!

I'm actually quite indifferent toward the trust but that some people do get so defensive about them gets under my skin and, if anything, helps turn me against them.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:21:59 »

I don't get the grasshopper / ant thing  Huh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:30:36 »

I don't get the grasshopper / ant thing  Huh?

Morshead is criticising, not only the Trust but all STFC fans....had we used the opportunity of the good Black/Fitton years to build up the Trust, then we could have been in a position to have bought the club for quid rather than McCrory.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:33:16 »

Why the fuck do some people seem to have the idea that they are beyond criticism? Bullshit!
Don't think anyone has that idea? It's perhaps more case that for a group of people trying their best to help steer the club in the right direction/represent fans' views in a focused way/be ready to act as an emergency backstop for a club that routinely dips into crisis, they don't merit the level of invective they get from some. There's certainly an argument to be made as to how successful the Trust are or have been at meeting any of their stated aims, but to read some of the stuff on here/the Adver comments, you'd think they were the ones who were trying to rob 6 figure sums out of the club. Often by some of the same people who treated the few critical sceptics of JedCo as "doom and gloom merchants"

Seems to me all Sam's doing is calling for a sense of perspective, not saying they are beyond criticism. That kind of argument to the extremes is the same "everything is black and white" approach that wants to label every poster as a doom merchant or a happy clapper, there are shades of grey in between.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:39:03 »

I disagree Paul. Some people do get defensive the minute that anything is said that does not put the trust in a positive light. It is tiresome.

'Snide comments'? Bullshit. Somebody thinking that an entity is not up to scratch and voicing that opinion is not, necessarily being snide. My opinion is that they are unorganised, incompetent and impotent. Is that snide? NO. I'm just being honest.

If it appeared to me that the trust were getting their act together then I would be more supportive but until then my opinion will remain the same and I know that I am by no means in the minority.

Every fucking time there is a discussion about the trust we get all of the butt-hurt defensiveness and very little, if any, constructiveness.
Dozno9

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:47:15 »

I hope none of you are at home when posting, Sam wouldn't like that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:53:06 »

I disagree Paul. Some people do get defensive the minute that anything is said that does not put the trust in a positive light. It is tiresome.

'Snide comments'? Bullshit. Somebody thinking that an entity is not up to scratch and voicing that opinion is not, necessarily being snide. My opinion is that they are unorganised, incompetent and impotent. Is that snide? NO. I'm just being honest.

If it appeared to me that the trust were getting their act together then I would be more supportive but until then my opinion will remain the same and I know that I am by no means in the minority.

Every fucking time there is a discussion about the trust we get all of the butt-hurt defensiveness and very little, if any, constructiveness.
Seems it's not only the Trust who are a little defensive? Smiley See your point, though, and don't necessarily disagree - just because an organisation has good aims doesn't mean it's beyond criticism. But I don't think the article was saying they are. Just asking for some restraint/perspective/understanding. And maybe some constructive criticism of which there tends to be very little (as opposed to the jayo style "Yah boo sucks you're all shit" style of which there's plenty)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:54:40 »

I hope none of you are at home when posting, Sam wouldn't like that.
I was but I popped out into the street and posted from my phone, just to be on the safe side Smiley
DRS

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:57:23 »

My main gripe is what are they achieving. Every tweet they put up at the moment is either just a repeat of an answer off the radio or how they have got an ex player to join the trust.

I have been reading for 3 years what they want to achieve,i get what they are trying to do i really do and i am not have snide digs at them it just seems they are doing the same thing over and over again with no real result
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 08:59:30 »

Seems it's not only the Trust who are a little defensive? Smiley

How does me disagreeing with you make me defensive?
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 09:01:41 »

My main gripe is what are they achieving. Every tweet they put up at the moment is either just a repeat of an answer off the radio or how they have got an ex player to join the trust.

I have been reading for 3 years what they want to achieve,i get what they are trying to do i really do and i am not have snide digs at them it just seems they are doing the same thing over and over again with no real result

Yep.

What do they actually do? I know they did some gubbins to help protect the ground not so long ago. Credit where credit's due.

But other then that they seem to do nothing but release the occasional bland statement. So what do they actually do?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 09:02:06 »

Have you considered joining up and getting involved to try and achieve the sort of changes you'd like to see?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 09:06:57 »

How does me disagreeing with you make me defensive?

Touchy is probably a better description  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: