Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: THE SAM MORSHEAD COLUMN: Trust is a very valuable commodity for Robins  (Read 15603 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:19:32 »

In that case I apologise, I missed it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:24:31 »

This reminds me that I should really join the Trust. Can't see the problem with them. Can't see how anyone has an issue with them. If they're so ineffectual as some perceive then surely theres' no problem. For thoers who are apathetic towards them again, no problem. For those who are members then they are a democratic instiution so again no problem.  
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:35:10 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:24:42 »

The impression that I get from this conversation is that, with a few adjustments, the Trust might well be able to win over a lot of doubters.

I don't dismiss the concerns of folk who have not been won over.  Far from it.  I actually agree with a lot of what Flash (& others) are saying about publicity etc.  The Trust should make more capital from the ACV success, for example, that was instrumental - apparently - in flushing McCrory out.  And it should also make itself more visible on match days, getting fans to join up and doing things that they are not currently doing, week in & week out, to benefit the club.

There's a way to go, but the impression I have now is of a body that is moving in the right direction and that is attracting net new members.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:42:15 »

With the summer we have just had that should be plain to see, love it or hate it the Trust is the only independant fans voice out there and we should build it up as much as possible so that we at least have a chance of another option should the worst happen and another shiester like Jed get his hands on the club.

This possibly illustrates the matter, the matters that came to a head this summer have been bubbling away for a prolonged period of time, what has the Trust been doing during that time?

I really do support the principle and have been a member in the past, but not really sure what they can achieve. Plus if I am honest the whole Wray incident and the response that if you wanted to know what was said I should have attended the meeting soured things a little as it did suggest a little club that if you lived away from Town was not open to you.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:44:28 »

Well I think it’s only fair I give credit where it’s due, especially having been one of the naysayers Wink

I liked the last statement the Trust put out backing the chairman of the club. It was better than ‘cautiously welcoming’ someone which I always thought probably didn’t do themselves any favours with the club officials. It will be interesting to see if the Trust can develop more of a meaningful dialogue/relationship with the club rather than the game of hide and seek which seems to take place (which is an inherent issue with the club and fans).

Also, whether you like the tweets or not at least they’re putting themselves in the public eye and marketing/pushing the Trust more than recent times. If they can get more coverage and attention it will make their potential influence greater.

I still won’t be re-joining as a member though Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:51:00 »

To be fair to Flash, I was the exact same as him. I joined last year to see what was being done but I didn't feel that they were actually doing anything.

I have to give them credit recently, they have been open and I think they are now beginning to form into something that could be decent.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:51:04 »

You want something constructive......

DO SOMETHING

I don't care what. Even putting up balloons and bunting on match-days would be a start. Just do something, ANYTHING, pro-active other than just releasing the occasional bland, impotent statement.

Out of interest Flashheart, were you supportive of the Red Army Fund scheme? And would this kind if initiative, if reintroduced, help to make the Trust more purposeful in your eyes?

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:51:10 »

I still won’t be re-joining as a member though Smiley

Genuine question, given that it only costs a pound, what would it take to change your mind?
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:54:02 »

Out of interest Flashheart, were you supportive of the Red Army Fund scheme? And would this kind if initiative, if reintroduced, help to make the Trust more purposeful in your eyes?

Sure.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:02:57 »

It's still going isn't it? At least, I think there's still money coming out of my account every month so if it isn't who's been having my dosh? Wink
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:03:57 »

It's still going isn't it? At least, I think there's still money coming out of my account every month so if it isn't who's been having my dosh? Wink

You have been funding Jed for the last 12 months and you never knew it!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:05:34 »

Yes Paul, the money is still going into the RAF bank account, which is seperate to the main Trust bank account, as the money is 'ringfenced'.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:06:39 »

The Trust is a great idea as far as I can see.  

The problem seems to be that as has been said before - it sat on it's laurels and did nothing during the Black era, and because of this was too far behind the curve during Jed's time to see what was really happening.

At the height of Diamond Mike I think the Trust did a great job in bringing people together and uniting against him.  There were an awful lot of people who would have remained apathetic as they were not in any way informed - the Trust went a long way to "outing" some of the shit, nonsense and underhand dealings that he bought to the club

I get a lot of peoples apathy towards the Trust, and think that if they want to be taken seriously they need to engage more with all the supporters -- not just members

I used to think the Supporters Club were a bit of a joke to be honest.  What I have seen and learned in the past year is that they are actually pretty damn effective in raising money for the club (over £500K) and they have a highly visible presence around the club both on match and non match days.

Perhaps the Trust could look at working together or alongside the Supporters Club in some way to help raise their profile within the club ?

I don't really get why Flashheart just wants to sit behind his keyboard and slag the Trust off -- I understand (as I said previously) peoples current apathy towards them --- but to be so closed that you cannot even hear what you are saying to yourself seems a little daft !

Wise men say........
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:09:35 »

I don't really get why Flashheart just wants to sit behind his keyboard and slag the Trust off --

So then I shouldn't voice my opinion?

Bollocks to that
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:09:41 »

The Trust is a great idea as far as I can see.  

The problem seems to be that as has been said before - it sat on it's laurels and did nothing during the Black era, and because of this was too far behind the curve during Jed's time to see what was really happening.

At the height of Diamond Mike I think the Trust did a great job in bringing people together and uniting against him.  There were an awful lot of people who would have remained apathetic as they were not in any way informed - the Trust went a long way to "outing" some of the shit, nonsense and underhand dealings that he bought to the club

I get a lot of peoples apathy towards the Trust, and think that if they want to be taken seriously they need to engage more with all the supporters -- not just members

I used to think the Supporters Club were a bit of a joke to be honest.  What I have seen and learned in the past year is that they are actually pretty damn effective in raising money for the club (over £500K) and they have a highly visible presence around the club both on match and non match days.

Perhaps the Trust could look at working together or alongside the Supporters Club in some way to help raise their profile within the club ?

I don't really get why Flashheart just wants to sit behind his keyboard and slag the Trust off -- I understand (as I said previously) peoples current apathy towards them --- but to be so closed that you cannot even hear what you are saying to yourself seems a little daft !

What he said!

Is there any scope to combine the Supporters Club and the Trust - not sure why we need both?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: