Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town's FA Cup date with Wigan set to draw huge crowd  (Read 17211 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 07:00:09 »

Town's FA Cup date with Wigan set to draw huge crowd

FANS are poised to flock to the County Ground on Saturday as Swindon prepare for their most prestigious game of the season against Wigan in the FA Cup.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/9452491.Town_s_FA_Cup_date_with_Wigan_set_to_draw_huge_crowd/?ref=rss

fatbasher

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 07:29:56 »

And a parking nightmare................
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 07:32:49 »

Arrive early to avoid disappointment
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 08:08:26 »

"Only here for the Wigan "  Cheesy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 09:05:36 »

Thats such an english reaction to good news.

'The second coming is happening, you gonna come down and see him?'

'No traffic will be terrible.'

Never knowingly overstated.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 09:22:08 »

Whereas we know the real problem will be all the wankers that turn up at a minute to three but have no idea where their seat is and then spend 10 mins pissing about getting in my way Wink
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 09:33:58 »

Hahaha, other fans hey!  When I had a season ticket I sat behind the same bloke for 3 years, he always used to lean right back in his seat, so much so that my legs were virtually at "twenty to four" for the whole match (except when we got a goal, and my knee occasionally connected) .
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 09:39:17 »

Hahaha, other fans hey!  When I had a season ticket I sat behind the same bloke for 3 years, he always used to lean right back in his seat, so much so that my legs were virtually at "twenty to four" for the whole match (except when we got a goal, and my knee occasionally connected) .

I had the same problem with a bloke who leaned so far forward that I could only watch one half of a game. My knee would 'accidently' hit his from time to time.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 09:41:29 »

Do they still do parking at the cricket ground?

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 10:14:40 »

Just stick it in Tesco

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 10:15:13 »

"Only here for the Wigan "  Cheesy

As to that....I am not sure I could name a single Wigan player...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 10:18:05 »

As to that....I am not sure I could name a single Wigan player...

I watched Wigan play Chelsea in December and if they play as well as that, we'll get murdered.

Personally I hope Rodallega and Victor Moses don't play as on their day are top class. They have a few Scots in their squad so hopefully they play as well, as Gary Caldwell at the back is ropey as hell. Connor Sammon signed from Scotland but I don't think he's anything like a Premiership player.

Therefore its going to be Swindon 0 Wigan 2 (Caldwell, Sammon)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 10:23:26 »

I watched Wigan play Chelsea in December and if they play as well as that, we'll get murdered.

Personally I hope Rodallega and Victor Moses don't play as on their day are top class. They have a few Scots in their squad so hopefully they play as well, as Gary Caldwell at the back is ropey as hell. Connor Sammon signed from Scotland but I don't think he's anything like a Premiership player.

Therefore its going to be Swindon 0 Wigan 2 (Caldwell, Sammon)

Caldwell and that South amercian bloke in the centre of defence are as slow as fuck, if they both play its an area to target.  Hope Connor Sammon plays he looks like a league 2 striker playing in Premiership.

If they rest Rodallega/Moses/Diame/2 x Jocks in mid and El Habsi they we will have a chance.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 10:26:33 »

I wouldnt put too much credance on a feisty atmosphere working in our favour either...I should imagine the wigan supporters are outnumbers several tens to one at every pl game...

this game will go one of two ways, a miserable 2 - 0 defeat and the whole day being a general damp squib, or, if we can keep it to 0-0 with say 25 to go... I reckon the big crowd migjht see us home..
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 5, 2012, 10:27:32 »

Posh Red, spot on.

I missed the first goal against Leeds because these idiots would stand at the entrance then come back down, as they were in the wrong section, causing the queue to keep building up.  Bad Mood
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: