Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gestures Official Thread  (Read 62003 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 00:05:55 »

I don't think he's lost the dressing room or we'd have been stuffed by Sheffield Wednesday.  But the question you pose is really difficult to answer without being on the inside.  Does the fault lie with the manager because he's got bad strategy, tactics and motivation or is it the players who lack intelligence and belief.  Anyone on this board that's ever had to run a team in whatever sphere knows that there's a point where the team have to perform on their own and there's fuck all you can do as leader to mitigate that performance.  You can try and influence it but in the end they stand and fall on their merits.  If we got a new manager in, they would issue commands and still be faced with the same reaction Danny gets ie: big clubs they are up for it: little clubs they couldn't give a shit.

That's bollocks.

Good managers (in any walk of life) have a way of getting inside heads. Whether it's their personality, charisma, charm, professionalism, reputation or  whatever, they have a way about them that inspires and motivates. The very best managers recognise that people respond in different ways and spend time honing the right mix to suit the individual.

You can add salary incentives and bonuses as well, as they play a part in the jigsaw, but top managers inspire and motivate by naturally getting their employees to like / love them and to want to do their best for them.

Wilson did it last season but is struggling now for some reason. As they say, football is a results business. If results ain't right, something has to give. Whether thats a couple of signings to inject some bollocks back into the side in January, or a change in management, I'm sure Andrew Fitton will make the right decision.

FWIW, I don't think Wilson has lost the dressing room. Maybe one or two 'senior' players have become a tad complacent lately though? Maybe its about time he rattled a few fucking cages in the dressing room and reminded some of them who, exactly, is boss?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 00:13:19 »

Tell you a player who has turned it around in the last two games though - McGovern. This makes me hope others can do the same and for a long period
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 00:14:11 »

Well. That was dreadful. Cup games always provide the lowest moments.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 00:18:29 »

Good to see the reds go through tonight
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 01:01:02 »

Terrible performance. FWIW i agree with the sentiment that not all is well in the dressing room, i was talking to my old man about this tonight and we think that the team spirit we had last year has totally gone from the squad.... i know winning creates a good atmosphere but was losing characters like Greer, Paynter and even Easton who have been there and done it, who were all good pro's, have a big affect?

I just think the body language of some of the players says alot, Douglas didn't even acknowledge the fans after the sheff weds game and seems generally quite quiet and disillusioned to me, fall out from Greer leaving? I don't know maybe i'm clutching at straws here. I just feel that we have good enough players but not a good enough squad mentality.

I still think Danny is the right man, i just wish someone would put a rocket up the squads arse!  Beers

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
mrOG

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 01:22:12 »

The only answer I can come up with is Greer, Paynter and Ward but we've been over that one loads of times.  I've watched Danny at the County Ground shout at the defense to hold a higher line and they remember for about 5 minutes then promptly carry on hoofing it as before and falling back too deep.  It doesn't feel right giving Morrison a slagging as he doesn't have the experience yet but there's no doubt most problems are going to stem from the middle of defense.  The only Swindon team I remember being truley stellar was Glenn Hoddle's 1993 and we weren't that great in defence but were brilliant going forward.   I know this doesn't help but the 2nd bottle of wine has just disappeared...

I've noticed this a lot in the games where Morrison and Cuthbert play together in the centre.  Dropping as deep as we did tonight is only going to invite pressure and make the gap between defence and attack enormous.  Tonight, we should have been pushing up a lot higher...they had no real pace up front, but it made it easier that every time they advanced with the ball, we kept backing off and backing off.  Any time that we did get the ball and tried to play it out (aka a hoof) it just did not stick and came back, which is another difference to last season - the ball stuck up front and did not come back as quickly.

To a certain degree, the decisions made by the ref did not help matters - none of the players were really sure what would happen if they put in a reasonable challenge.

Hope Derby really stuff them in the next round - absolute cheating wankers to a man. Had to laugh at their CB; elbows Dossevi in the face in their first challenge together, then starts bitching when Dossevi catches him with a sly knee to the back later on...tosser.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 07:35:38 »

All i have to say is Steve Evans and his assistand arre fat, moaning, whingy cunts.

The ref has their cocks so far down his throat to notice.

Absolutely infuriated with last night.
dell boy

« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 07:43:19 »

All i have to say is Steve Evans and his assistand arre fat, moaning, whingy cunts.

Debbie Does Dallas???
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 08:22:57 »

agreed. for a relatively small time club they had a lot of fella's trying to wind up our players by throwing the ball away etc.

the subs yesterday were mental. timlin and sheehan looked as if they had only played football at under 10 level then been put into a professional game.

crawley's game play was lump it and pick up the second ball, which their number 7 did most of the game as he just dropped off. what a fucking annoying game

£20 is mental, even before if i had anything else to do i would have not gone
black kit? stupid

it's one of those games that makes you fall out of love a bit more with football. you usually think of the "conference" teams as made up of postmen etc but those lads were just cunts, managed by a cunt management team. our chief cunt prutton was missing for nearly the entire match so we just didn't match them.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 08:49:12 »

I know that we have to justify having a third kid, but pisses me off when we let other teams wear red at our place. Our colour is RED not fucking black. We let MK Mongs were red to "celebrate our league cup" although the black and teal had nothing to do with the league cup and last night let Crawley wear Red. I know its the least of our concerns but our colour is RED not fucking BLACK!!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 08:52:34 »

We're obviously contracted to play in the black strip in the cup.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 09:01:22 »

oh dear, things arent going great are they, do you know how i know this?

i have only realised we were playing last night just now, thats not good is it?
shaw_red

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 09:01:53 »

im not aware that crawley have a away kit.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 09:05:34 »

We're obviously contracted to play in the black strip in the cup.

Oh good! At least that's out of the way now.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 09:06:37 »

Well to be honest, it's the least of our problems isn't it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: