Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gestures Official Thread  (Read 62012 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 22:59:58 »

Clueless. Can we try using the midfield next time?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:00:16 »

For the record, I'm not writing off our season nor am I calling for Wilson's head...

But it's beginning to feel like the Malpas era on here all over again.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:02:34 »

If it's under 4500 I'll eat Mex.

Hope you are hungry.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:02:53 »

Douglas need to take stock as well as the manager.....captain should be setting an example.
Tired and totally pissed off.

Just spoke to my dad who's just got home rather cold and exceedingly peed off.  He didn't reckon Douglas should have been sent off and that it was a good strong challenge.

He said that as soon as we went down to 10 men we played far too deep, which continually invited trouble.  Surely Wilson should have seen this and got them to sort it?  Smith apparently kept us in the match throughout the second half, so not sure why people are blaming him!

Austin signalled to the bench he needed to come off.  Aside from Pericard's flick on for the second goal, he was completely disinterested again.  All in all a shite nite all round!

Has Wilson been on yet, I can't be bothered to listen.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:03:48 »

Just got back. Awful game, we were never in it and didn't deserve one goal let alone two - the half time scoreline completely flattered us. We looked jaded and a far cry from Saturday. Dunno what's up with the team but half of them couldn't be bothered.

Thought the red card was given due to the overreaction of the Crawley bench. After that we sat back even more and didn't even try to contend until about 80 minutes into normal time. We held on for dear life all the way from the kick off of the second half. Smith pulled off some great saves and Crawley could and should have been home and dry by then.

Smith - Complete howler let him down from a great performance (had a couple but got away with one) but made some brilliant stops and was struggling with an injury.
Morrison & Amankwaah - Pathetic.
Cuthbert - The best of the defenders but I don't think that says a lot. At least he got stuck in.
Rose - Not very good, but did set up one of the goals with a great cross. Didn't help that Sheehan was nowhere to be seen half the time.

McGovern - Clear man of the match. Ran his bollocks off for the entire game and had some nice touches. A shame the rest of the midfield was so diabolical and didn't support him.
Prutton & Timlin - Only got stuck in when it was too late. Stood off the opposition and were afraid to do anything. Crap.
Douglas - Slow, shit and uninspiring. You're supposed to be the captain for fuck sake.
Sheehan - Didn't even try to run. Clueless. Cunt.
Ritchie - Tried hard and ran himself into the ground early in second half. Didn't do anything of note, but he's not the sort of player who should be hustling the centre of the park AND the wing (which is what he was having to do).

Pericard - Won some headers, held up the ball and a nice flick on to Charlie but also a few clumsy touches. Wasn't helped by a poor midfield.
Austin - Class act, ran his heart out again and is really too good for this team.
Dossevi - Ran a lot, often not towards the direction of the ball. Couldn't win a header or hold up the ball but by that stage the midfield were so far away it wouldn't have mattered.

Crawley - Bunch of cheating shits. I really hope Evans gets his comeuppance one day.
Ref - cunt.

Unless we play great within the next couple of games then I'm not going to travel miles and spend money to watch more shit football in the freezing cold on boxing day as I was intending before I watched this game. 
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:03:55 »

just warming up after getting back home. That was shocking. crawley were better than us even in the first half. We just didnt look interested and our passing was awful. We were too negative from the off and bar JP Austin and Smith none of them looked like they gave a toss. I spent 16 pounds on that shite and im pissed off. Im sure 2800 odd other people are as well. It reminded me of the Malpas days.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:06:22 »

Just spoke to my dad who's just got home rather cold and exceedingly peed off.  He didn't reckon Douglas should have been sent off and that it was a good strong challenge.

He said that as soon as we went down to 10 men we played far too deep, which continually invited trouble.  Surely Wilson should have seen this and got them to sort it?  Smith apparently kept us in the match throughout the second half, so not sure why people are blaming him!

Austin signalled to the bench he needed to come off.  Aside from Pericard's flick on for the second goal, he was completely disinterested again.  All in all a shite nite all round!

Has Wilson been on yet, I can't be bothered to listen.

Thank fuck there is still a foot of Snow in mid Wales,meant i didn't go...a friend has just rang me and is close to tears....he is numb but that is on account of the frostbite.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:06:35 »

Just got back. Awful game, we were never in it and didn't deserve one goal let alone two - the half time scoreline completely flattered us. We looked jaded and a far cry from Saturday. Dunno what's up with the team but half of them couldn't be bothered.

Thought the red card was given due to the overreaction of the Crawley bench. After that we sat back even more and didn't even try to contend until about 80 minutes into normal time. We held on for dear life all the way from the kick off of the second half. Smith pulled off some great saves and Crawley could and should have been home and dry by then.

Smith - Complete howler let him down from a great performance (had a couple but got away with one) but made some brilliant stops and was struggling with an injury.
Morrison & Amankwaah - Pathetic.
Cuthbert - The best of the defenders but I don't think that says a lot. At least he got stuck in.
Rose - Not very good, but did set up one of the goals with a great cross. Didn't help that Sheehan was nowhere to be seen half the time.

McGovern - Clear man of the match. Ran his bollocks off for the entire game and had some nice touches. A shame the rest of the midfield was so diabolical and didn't support him.
Prutton & Timlin - Only got stuck in when it was too late. Stood off the opposition and were afraid to do anything. Crap.
Douglas - Slow, shit and uninspiring. You're supposed to be the captain for fuck sake.
Sheehan - Didn't even try to run. Clueless. Cunt.
Ritchie - Tried hard and ran himself into the ground early in second half. Didn't do anything of note, but he's not the sort of player who should be hustling the centre of the park AND the wing (which is what he was having to do).

Pericard - Won some headers, held up the ball and a nice flick on to Charlie but also a few clumsy touches. Wasn't helped by a poor midfield.
Austin - Class act, ran his heart out again and is really too good for this team.
Dossevi - Ran a lot, often not towards the direction of the ball. Couldn't win a header or hold up the ball but by that stage the midfield were so far away it wouldn't have mattered.

Crawley - Bunch of cheating shits. I really hope Evans gets his comeuppance one day.
Ref - cunt.

Unless we play great within the next couple of games then I'm not going to travel miles and spend money to watch more shit football in the freezing cold on boxing day as I was intending before I watched this game.  
Good post cheers Si
Lumps

« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:08:57 »

We're a long way off looking like last season's Southampton though aren't we? We're our own 10 pt deduction this season

Granted, I was just looking for an extreme example to make the point that with over half a season left to play, and the gap between the top of the table and the bottom smaller than I can remember for ages, the idea that the season's over is just a bit of a meaningless knee-jerk.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:09:32 »

The interview..

Wilson is angry with goals we conceded. It was never going to be easy but they put us under pressure and we didn't deal with balls into our box. The first goal was difficult to take. We were fortunate to go 2-1 up. The sending off had a major effect on the game, but we should have held on for penalties instead of losing concentration.

There was a great incentive for winning today and the players didn't put in the hard work or at least we haven't handled the physical presence well. We didn't deserve to win the game but we should have been stronger. We didn't handle the way they played. We got overrun in midfield, we didn't clear balls into our box. We were nervous and didn't show any composure - the senior players should have calmed things down.

Douglas was in control of the challenge and got the ball and the referee's decision was influenced by the Crawley players and staff. We weren't sitting back, we were being stretched. Crawley was never going to be an easy tie. Maybe we should beat them but you can't take away how well they played. Smith made some good saves but he shouldn't have had to.

We've played well against some good teams this year and we've still got a lot to play for this year. We're sorry for this display and need to put it right. The players will have to stand up and take some hits on the chin. Hopefully Charlie will be ok for Saturday because we can't do without him. It seems like we're too reliant on him - he needs some assistance.

Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:09:50 »

Wilson "Angry"
Chalk and cheese from Saturday.
They started well and put us under pressure

[Was 2-1 a surprise lead?]
They kept hoofing into out box and we didn't deal with it. Yes we were fortunate.
Sending off a major factor, but thought we'd weathered storm......

[Jackal and Hide?]
Been problem all season. From some individual we don't get the consistency. Not doing the leg work.

Not saying we deserved to win the game, but not dealing with certain situations (paraphrased).

Didn't handle the physical side. Midfield overran. Didn't clear ball from box. Didn't show composure from Saturday. ....Experienced players didn't calm situation down.

[Sending Off]
Made contact with ball, ref influenced by players and opposition management team. Fair tackle but follow through was what was penalised for.

JD is big miss, but he needs to show restraint in those situations. But difficult because he won the ball.

[Sitting back and waiting for pens?]
No. Working very hard with 10 men and were stretched. Crawley are a good side not a normal "non league" team. Will they be non league next season.

[Phil Smith made good saves]
he did but he had to as there wasn't anything in front of him...

[Caddis]
Flu

[Where next? Fans are angry. How to put it right? How to convince them]
Look back at how we can play. Can only  say sorry and put it right next game

[Austin]
Groin problem. Hope he's not out for Saturday as we can't do without him.

[Too reliant on him]
Maybe, always reliant on top scorer....need 2 or 3 of them to do well.

blah blah blah
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:11:27 »

Granted, I was just looking for an extreme example to make the point that with over half a season left to play, and the gap between the top of the table and the bottom smaller than I can remember for ages, the idea that the season's over is just a bit of a meaningless knee-jerk.
You are right of course but if we can't indulge ourselves with a bit of meaningless knee-jerking on nights like this, what's the point?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:11:42 »

I did say a couple of matches ago there is an air of Malpas about this season, there doesn't seem to be the team spirit of last season. Timlin argued with Wilson and Shirtflif a lot during the game for example.

I don't think a change of manager is the answer but something isn't right.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:12:22 »

So he didn't inspire then...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2010, 23:14:20 »

Just got back. ...

Thanks for the write up.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: