Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio  (Read 27067 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:10:59 »

I've heard that he had lost the dressing room and the players were consulting the PFA about PdC's treatment of them.

Saying that, it's his own fault buying a bunch load of foreigners..then moaning that they don't speak a word of English. Obviously never learnt his lessons here.

It's one thing ruling lower league players with an iron fist, but multi millionaires won't put up with it.

Has his backroom staff left as well?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:13:17 »

It's obviously not just the results, 5 games in is far too soon to sack a manager.  I would imagine the Chairman and Board have now realised exactly how he ticks and weren't comfortable with it.  It wouldn't surprise me if there's been a bit of a player revolt as well that's forced them to act quickly. They'll potentially now end up trying to offload overpaid players, just like we have.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:15:24 »

It's not 5 games is it. 2 wins in 12 and acting like a knobhead aren't going to endear you to anyone

Things get better but they never get good
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:15:30 »

Has his backroom staff left as well?

Appears so

Club parts company with head coach.
Sunderland AFC confirms that it has parted company with head coach Paolo Di Canio this evening.
Kevin Ball will take charge of the squad ahead of Tuesday night’s Capital One Cup game against Peterborough United and an announcement will be made in due course regarding a permanent successor.
The club would like to place on record its thanks to Paolo and his staff and wishes them well for the future.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:18:59 »

Appears so

Damn...I was looking forward to them resigning 'en masse' in unison like last time.

It's change the locks time !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:20:46 »

Love this :

Chris Sumpter ‏@chrissumpter80 29m
I hope fans of #SAFC will be reacting to tonight's news by standing outside Di Canio's driveway with a hand underneath their chin. #chinup
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:33:19 »

Shouldn't laugh.....

Meh, bollocks to it....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:37:43 »

It's not 5 games is it. 2 wins in 12 and acting like a knobhead aren't going to endear you to anyone
Yes, but I was only including this season, as it's the squad he's actually assembled.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:39:16 »

Can you see many clubs queuing up to offer him a job after the fallout from his departure here and his record at Sunderland?

Mark Hughes found another job in the Prem so anything's possible! As others have suggested, Sheff Wed or City are mad enough.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:40:20 »

At some point, Wesh Ham might have him.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Saxondale

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:42:01 »

I hear Michael Appleton is favourite for the job.

Never knowingly overstated.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:56:55 »

Yes, but I was only including this season, as it's the squad he's actually assembled.

He has of course got the excuse that he didn't assemble it, that was the DoF, Roberto De Fanti's job. Actually to be fair it's not even an excuse, it's pretty much the truth.

PDC might have been involved in the clear out process for the squad, but RDF brought in all the players based on the list of requirements for the squad that Paolo gave him.

..never go back.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 22:20:42 »

As most on here know Sunderland are my 2nd team, so mixed emotions again but I'm pretty pleased he's out of there. Reports from family members are that they didn't like him, didn't like the squad he assembled and the fans ran out of patience with him (which maybe a bit fickle after 12 games), but 2 wins in 12, and performances getting worse game by game, selling your best players (Sess), falling out with some of your experienced players (Fletcher) and thinking again your bigger than the club...where have we heard this before? Yes appears Mr Di Canio didn't learn from his mistakes here and as said, it's ok doing it in L1/2 but dealing with egos, owners and fans in the Premier League is a different ball game with much higher expectations!

I can now go to Sunderland games (when I can of course) not feeling awkward with Di Canio as manager...

#VivaKenBarlow!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 06:37:49 »

After Wilson put together a side of apathetic wankers and Hart rubbed salt into the gaping wounds the fucker was a breath of fresh air.
All that posturing and running on the pitch, the away fans hated him and that gave us something else to cheer.

With all the money we threw at it, he pulled it off and took the piss out of Oxford on the way.

But when the wheels fall off at Swindon, the car doesn't just chug into the pits, it explodes into a fireball, cart wheeling into the crowd!

Blacks 'runner' opened a nest of vipers and PDC was one of them.

An ego the size of a small country and an attitude of always being right only surpassed by Mrs Flash (who while I am tapping this is bitching!), was only going to be a disaster when he was faced with a media who smelled blood and players who think they walk on water.

Like Macari at West Ham....the players revolted.

Like Ince at Blackburn, he got found out.

I expect him to move abroad somewhere after he's fucked up again in the UK.

Thanks for the crazy memories PDC....but guess what...you are not God.

Clems Army!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, September 23, 2013, 07:17:39 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2429468/Paolo-Di-Canio-sacked-Sunderland-ANOTHER-bust-players.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: