Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin & Paynter  (Read 18627 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, April 8, 2010, 14:58:20 »

I think that the extra 400k was dependant on WBA going up, I recall Fitton saying that, and that looks pretty likely right now.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, April 8, 2010, 14:59:56 »

I dont think he'll go.

Grayson will be sacked if they dont go up anyway.

Northern cunts.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, April 8, 2010, 16:21:29 »

Northern cunts.
Good point, well made Cool
Bloody Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, April 8, 2010, 17:31:57 »

In my view I can see both Paynter and Austin staying on next season. As has already been said Austin is still making his way in professional football and seems like a level headed chap who is grateful for everything Swindon have done for him. I'm sure he sees his second season as enough of a challange as it is. Therefore I think the only reason he'd leave is if Fitton recieved a 'crazy' offer that was too good to turn down. My opinion of the Paynter situation is that he might be waiting to see if he can get Championship or League 1 wages at Swindon first. I'm sure other offers and having a young family will also have an effect on his decision.
If someone does have to be sacrificed to balance the books, I think it's more likely Cuthbert would recieve a good offer from someone like Nottingham Forest (if they stay in the Championship) or Preston.
That's just my ramblings, which will be largely effected by which league Swindon are in next season, I'd imagine. Here's hoping they all stay given this seasons performances.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, April 9, 2010, 07:56:04 »

I think Paynter has not signed as if we go up to the championship he can demand more money as he will be a champioship player and would have proved himself by becoming top goal scorer, if for some readon we don;t get promotion I still think he will stay.

His spell at Port Vale is probably fresh in his mind, he is here getting 1st team football scoring goals and loved by the fan's
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, April 9, 2010, 08:09:49 »

No player is worth breaking the bank for. The board are running the Club in a proper manner, to ensure we don't return to the 'Bad Old Days', breaking the wage structure, no matter what player it is, would set a dangerous precedent.

I have faith that AF and Danny are perfectly capable of building a squad that will compete next season, whether we're in League One or The Championship.

How many of us thought we'd be where we are now when Coxy left?

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #111 on: Friday, April 9, 2010, 09:31:41 »

How many of us thought we'd be where we are now when Coxy left?

7 or so. I got 70/1 for us to be auto promoted, along with 25/1 promoted. So i'll include myself in that somewhere - despite me placing those sort of bets regardless. Smiley

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #112 on: Friday, April 9, 2010, 09:39:32 »

7 or so. I got 70/1 for us to be auto promoted, along with 25/1 promoted. So i'll include myself in that somewhere - despite me placing those sort of bets regardless. Smiley

Very nice odds of auto promotion, hope you had at least a tenner on it mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, April 9, 2010, 09:54:31 »

I made a 50 quid bet with a yeovil supporting mate the year before last, that we would be in the Championship within 2 seasons. After last season I thought I'd pissed my money away, but now...

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 08:45:50 »

Very nice odds of auto promotion, hope you had at least a tenner on it mate.

£5 on each. I've also got another bet, which i've not mentioned which is something like 20/1. Beers on me i hope. (That's the first time anyone's said that before!)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 15:15:28 »

Just been to pick my lad up from the FITC course and Billy was handing the prizes out. During the Q&A one of the cheeky little urchins asked him if he was going to Leeds. He laughed and said No. So, straight from the horse's mouth.

And kudos to Billy him for doing it - answered all the questions well and with good humour, waited around after to pose for photos, sign the kids' balls etc. My lad was dead chuffed, his signed Billy Paynter ball will be taking pride of place, erm, somewhere when we've found room for it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 17:55:09 »

And kudos to Billy him for doing it - answered all the questions well and with good humour, waited around after to pose for photos, sign the kids' balls etc.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 17:56:09 »

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oh, bugger, should have spotted that Smiley Filthy boy, dave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 20:16:12 »

Just been to pick my lad up from the FITC course and Billy was handing the prizes out.

Alex will be gutted, his 'player' (whoever it was supposed to be) didn't turn up last week. He did manage to ask Timlin who his favourite Swindon player was  at some point (Bill Paynter). I'll make sure he asks a more cheese related question next time.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 20:50:35 »

One of the kids today asked Billy what type of pants he wore Smiley Oh, and apparently he likes rooming with JPM cos he runs him a nice bubble bath the night before away games. To be honest, I've not had less welcome nuggets of information about an STFC player since the Mildenhall in leapoard print thong revelations in the programme a few years back. Could never quite look at him the same way after that
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: