Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34886 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:25:12 »

Massive day for the club on and off the pitch...if ever we could do with a good display it is today.

Will be very tough away so lets put it to bed today i reckon.
nochee

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:27:50 »

I am more excited about getting my haircut and that it's my nephews 1st birthday party today than the football.

I honestly can't see us winning over 2 legs. The excitement of football has dwindled in the last few months. Sadly.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:31:11 »

I am more excited about getting my haircut and that it's my nephews 1st birthday party today than the football.

I honestly can't see us winning over 2 legs. The excitement of football has dwindled in the last few months. Sadly.

Unbelievable.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:38:55 »

Agree with IOB and Leefer.

We need to win today to have a chance and then it will be a case of hanging on at Griffin Park.

If ever we need our strikers to rediscover their scoring touch and our defence to become as solid as it used to be, it's today.

I feel nervous.  Let's not throw this damn season away.
nochee

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:40:44 »

Unbelievable.
Honest
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:41:46 »

Time for Niceties are out of the window, Hope  we batter the fuckout them from the off, (like Sheffield did against us) get the crowd behind them then and I think we could get a 2-0 lead. Hope Alan Mac and Wes don't feck it up today, Have a feeling a red  is due sometime soon , though I hope I'm wrong. So a 2-0 win with goals from A.Rooney and J.Collins
att: 12256  away: 1623
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:43:17 »

I don't agree with Jo . We can do it at theirs too. We need to find a purple patch of form that's all.

We don't do hanging on. Never have in the twenty something years I've watched us.

Is this the first McDonald Swindon v Brentford matchup, or did PRC leave before the game at theirs?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:46:41 »

Charlton largely outplayed us in that 2nd leg.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:52:55 »

All of a sudden the nerves have kicked in. I'm fucking shitting it.

For us to stand any chance we have to take something to the away leg. I just can't see us winning unfortunately, they are just the better team all round...... But this is the play offs and this is Swindon Town so anything could happen, I just hope the players give it absolutely everything. C.O.Y.R!
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 08:21:45 by Langers » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 07:56:46 »

I don't agree with Jo . We can do it at theirs too. We need to find a purple patch of form that's all.

We don't do hanging on. Never have in the twenty something years I've watched us.

Is this the first McDonald Swindon v Brentford matchup, or did PRC leave before the game at theirs?

Good point re the hanging on.  I've got a horrible feeling we won't win either leg tbh.  When I think back to the team from 2010, they were so much better in every department and it still wasn't enough.

McDonald was in charge when we lost 2-1 at Griffin Park.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 08:28:45 »

Also, Brentford at 13/5 is great odds, I will have to stick a bit of money that which would help to slightly soften the blow if we lose.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 08:31:51 »

I think we need to win... which means we won't. 0-1 Brentford.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 08:32:47 »

Been pretty relaxed about the prospect of this game all week but woke up this morning and i'm shitting it, the odd kickoff time has also thrown my tried and tested pre-game routine for a 3pm KO game.

Haven't got the foggiest whats going to happen so i'l go for 1-1
woolster

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 08:34:52 »

BBQ at midday, including copious beers, followed by an hour or so in the CGH before falling asleep in the ground and missing a 0-0

Bliss!
BBQ have you opened your curtains yet
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 08:44:53 »

BBQ have you opened your curtains yet
keep the faith. Sunny day is a coming
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: