Pages: 1 ... 3956 3957 3958 [3959] 3960 3961 3962 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9102655 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59370 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:05:51 »

The questions I ask myself for next  season are
 1. Come July 1st, are we in good shape?
 No.

If no:
 2. Do I see anything from this window to think we will be in good shape by the 1 September
 Also no.

Whether I'm right or wrong cannot be known with any certainty.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59371 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:11:40 »

No.

If no:
 2. Do I see anything from this window to think we will be in good shape by the 1 September
 Also no.

Possibly a discussion for the squad thread as it's something i've been thinking about also. Fact of the matter is that we have no idea about contract details of the players we have signed permanently as the club never announce it.

For sure a lot of heavy lifting will be required in the summer. I hope we have already put things in place, even behind the scenes recruitment team wise as we can't rely on Clem's expertise every transfer window Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #59372 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:28:14 »

No.

If no:
 Also no.

Assuming all the players signed on permanent deals have another year option then we potentially have 10 players under contract which could be the core of a half decent squad if they turn out to be ok, albeit we’d still need a dozen new signings.
If not then we’re going to need another total reset.

Hopefully the players signed do turn out to be good
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #59373 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:42:22 »

McGurk and Johnson seem like decent prospects but it's the lack of experience around them that is nagging and appears to have been the constant that has not been addressed.

McGurk should be given the freedom to express and play, so I think we'll see good things from him but I do hope that the lack of experience around him doesn't equate to putting too much reliance on him.

The squad definitely still needs a solid core. I personally don't think it has that and the ''weighting'' of squad balance is not there still.

I think we have to give a slight doff of the hat towards Jamie Russell, especially working under the conditions. I also hope this isn't a strategy the owners warm too and expect it to be something a bit more normal in the Summer... probably not  No

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59374 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:51:52 »

It doesn't help Russell's shit graph - just built the boxes on the left even higher.  His explanation of the ages gradually flowing into the more experienced categories would have been sensible if we had a five year recruitment and retention plan for the players.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #59375 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:52:46 »

Conor Brann’s been recalled
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #59376 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 12:59:23 »

Makes sense, can he go back on loan after?
stripperlovesswindon

Ignore
« Reply #59377 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:07:52 »

This could be of real benefit to the squad.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #59378 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:11:59 »

It doesn't help Russell's shit graph - just built the boxes on the left even higher.  His explanation of the ages gradually flowing into the more experienced categories would have been sensible if we had a five year recruitment and retention plan for the players.

Exactly what I said to someone yesterday, most of the players closest to moving into the “Experienced” part probably won’t be here next season.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #59379 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:12:43 »

No.

If no:
 Also no.

Comes down to income v expenditure.

We seem to be haemorrhaging money without much evidence of an oil well gushing back in. Just rearranging the chairs on the titanic. I mean, we’re struggling in L2 however you look at it. Can you imagine against all odds getting back into L1? How’s that’s going to work out?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #59380 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 13:18:01 »

It was also odd that the core theme for the ''progress chart'' seemed to be centred or driven by age. I know there is some correlation but in any learning and development, people improve/peak/sustain at different times. E.g, a player like Pal Glatzel is young but may rise to his peak quite quickly and so his experience level arrives before that of someone like James Collins, who has had a more slower upward curve in his career. Likewise someone who starts pro level at a younger age, compared to someone becoming pro level at an older age will both have different experience - in that case, the younger player having more experience.

So it makes the chart ineffective when categorising them according to age only.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #59381 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 14:44:34 »

I remember reading that Stockport do a similar thing, so either we are copying or it is a football thing for most clubs.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/simon-wilson-stockport-countys-seven-year-plan
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #59382 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:04:30 »

I remember reading that Stockport do a similar thing, so either we are copying or it is a football thing for most clubs.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/simon-wilson-stockport-countys-seven-year-plan

Yeah it’s a fairly normal thing in football clubs. Varies from club to club, some do age, some do pre peak/post peak on different metrics.

Clubs will then look 2/3 windows in advance and plan for what they need, create paths for emerging players and phase out players reaching their end

I have less faith that we’re doing it properly here though.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #59383 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 15:31:32 »

This could be of real benefit to the squad.
Send nudes
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #59384 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 17:11:24 »

Decided to take the rest of the window off. Have not looked at anything Swindon related for 24 hours. Was not expecting to read what I have done. Been a nice surprise.

I’m sure this has been answered further back, but is Harry likely to be fit tomorrow?
Pages: 1 ... 3956 3957 3958 [3959] 3960 3961 3962 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: