Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 48012 times)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 10:57:21 »

why give a shit about the clause.
250k is good business for him so what does it matter?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:01:21 »

Perhaps, some people dont think its good business.

If he didnt turn down a contract (as DRS said) then why were we certainly he was going at the end of the season? if he refused to even talk why would this clause make him change his mind?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:03:14 »

Plenty give a shit....we were told Mickey Mouse clauses were long gone.....Fitton has been shafted by Morrisons agent.

You got your opinion arriba.............mine is with still over 12 months left on his contract we should have got more...a lot more,the clause meant we didn't.

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:12:16 »

how much do you think he is worth then, leefer?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:15:18 »

why give a shit about the clause.
250k is good business for him so what does it matter?

Exactly....in order to get players in, we have to get players out....always been that way.

Of sole concern now will be to see what Wilson does with the windfall.....I remember when Macari sold Colin Baillie to Reading for 30+K and got in Calderwood for 20+, great bit of business.

The mongs will foam....no chance of Wilson doing that, and they'd be right.....the 20+ fee was set by a tribunal, based on the value we put on Calderwood by his wages.....of course most of which were off the books.  We thereby got a quality player we couldn't really afford, and Mansfield got shafted.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:16:34 »

Plenty give a shit....we were told Mickey Mouse clauses were long gone.....Fitton has been shafted by Morrisons agent.

You got your opinion arriba.............mine is with still over 12 months left on his contract we should have got more...a lot more,the clause meant we didn't.

Signed a years extension January 10, so only has 6 months left to run
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:18:51 »

Well....maybe what we got...... going up to a million with add ons,if Reading sell him for massive bucks one day then it could have been a big pay day....as far as i am aware a release clause means we wont get none of that.

Know you and others didn't rate him but i feel we would have been better off letting him see his contract out...he may have signed for another year anyway.

Anyway like i said many have gone before.......todays another day.

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:22:39 »

Well....maybe what we got...... going up to a million with add ons,if Reading sell him for massive bucks one day then it could have been a big pay day....as far as i am aware a release clause means we wont get none of that.

Know you and others didn't rate him but i feel we would have been better off letting him see his contract out...he may have signed for another year anyway.

Anyway like i said many have gone before.......todays another day.

i have never said i dont rate him.i just dont think he's anywhere near as good as you do.
once a bigger club came in he was always going to leave
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:29:08 »

Fair enough................on a completly different subject....four day tab at Wentworth....just recieved for £55 quid Cheesy....great value,the Welsh is only £40 for four days.

Will only go the one day in Wales as its straight after Wentworth.....will be off to Sandwich as well for the Open...you watching any this year?

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:30:45 »

yes mate.will deffo go to the welsh and plan to go to the open too.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:32:20 »

So, he's not going to sign a new contract so we tempt him by inserting a clause that has very little effect on Morrison himself and completely screws us over should someone want to sign him?

Plus, DRS said he never turned down a contract?

Yeah, if it is true he didn't turn down a contract then it's fucking bollocks. But who the fuck really knows?

bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:37:20 »

Exactly....in order to get players in, we have to get players out....always been that way.

Of sole concern now will be to see what Wilson does with the windfall.....I remember when Macari sold Colin Baillie to Reading for 30+K and got in Calderwood for 20+, great bit of business.

The mongs will foam....no chance of Wilson doing that, and they'd be right.....the 20+ fee was set by a tribunal, based on the value we put on Calderwood by his wages.....of course most of which were off the books.  We thereby got a quality player we couldn't really afford, and Mansfield got shafted.

If i remember correctly Mansfield had the majority of the Money when Calderwood went to Stratford Spurs

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:39:35 »

we could have paid spurs to take calderwood and it still would have been good value.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:43:53 »

Why do you say that?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 12:39:08 »

Think it was more along the lines of he was going to leave out of contract at the end of the season so was offered that deal .That's the way i thought he meant it.

So if the club were involved in the clause, why is Fitton now moaning about it?  Or as a few people have mentioned recently is it another case of a wrong decision being made higher up and then trying to twist it to be somebody else's fault? 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: