Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47966 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:52:17 »

Still got two years left on his contract?...unreal that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 22:54:36 »

Could of been up to 1m but got around 300k

Haha

Look at him now

I bet the greek cunt is still celebrating
Panda Paws

« Reply #257 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 00:26:28 »

Haha everyone moans that he makes a lot of mistakes then moans when he is sold due to a clause which he insisted was put in the contract. We could always have let him go for free eh?

The key is to replace him with someone better. If we can't do that then that's when the disgruntlement should happen in my opinion.

Perfectly summed up
girlyred

« Reply #258 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 01:39:00 »

Well guys all you read in the papers is true then?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? so because the Advertiser says "Sean Morrison insisted in a clause in his contract" you ALL beleive that? And an 18 year old could do that eh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? GET A GRIP Oh and by the way i BET Sean is at the game tomorrow maybe not playing but there to show some respect ( which will take some bollocks with you lot of wolves baying for blood)  Leefer if there is some sort of private msg do da on here msg me  Crying
Barry Scott

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 01:58:40 »

No, actually we didn't believe a word of it. We know our club were desperate to get rid of him - hence the 2.5 year contract and difficulty in getting him tied down at all... Release clauses are all the rage when trying to keep a youngster.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 02:15:17 »

Has Sean's mum just done a Toni's mum and told the forum off? Ace Cheesy

flammableBen

« Reply #261 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 02:23:13 »

To be honest, she's pretty obviously close to Sean, but I really can't see why the club would have insisted on a clause in his contract. With the power of logic I can pretty safely say that it was Morrison or his agent who wanted that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 02:31:06 »

Exactly. Plus they're direct quotes from Fitton and not the Adver (unless the Adver has made them up).

I can understand a relative sticking up for another but it's tedious when the only thing they will post about is how fantastic Sean Morrison is. That's probably going to lead to a few sarcastic comments along the way.

Having experienced the way internet forums work, I'd probably try to avoid them if I knew bad stuff was going to be written about someone and it was going to upset me. Each to their own I guess.
flammableBen

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 02:34:32 »

It's interesting to note that Morrison and Charlie have played around the same amount of games (50 ish), although with Charlie it's in about half the amount of time. This makes Morrison worth 5k a game, and Charlie about 40k a game. If you take consistency into account, and the fact that forwards are worth more anyway, then Chalire being worth 8x the amount sounds about right.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 02:47:04 »

Dont see what the fuss is

This time last year if we could have got 250k for him then most people would have taken that.

Hes good at heading balls and chips in with a few goals.  However he is extremely slow and looked dodgey against strikers who had pace.

Sad to see him go but easily replaceable
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #265 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 03:04:22 »

Sad to see him go but easily replaceable

I really hate this term because it always comes back to haunt us.
flammableBen

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 03:05:22 »

I think that most the fuss is that 6 months after selling him, the club still haven't adequately replaced Greer. Morrison hasn't been brilliant, but our defensive options are really looking thin now.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 07:13:19 »

Good luck to Sean Morrison -  he knows what to do in the box at corners - defending or attacking and he has shown a maturity and good attitude on the pitch beyond his years.  He is slow (so was Greer), ifil-esque (nicked that adjective from a TEF-er) in his distribution and still needs to develop his concentration.  I hope he carries on learning - if he does he might just make it a level up. 

Unfortunately he has had to lead rather than learn much of this season and has played his part in one of league one's worst defences.  Good deal for both sides.

Now with that £250,000 we'll get, can we buy that old crock Greer back for the amount we sold him for - oh yes, £250,000.  We need quality and leadership at the back right now.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 08:16:43 »

£250,000 is the sort of crap standard clause you put on somebody on Championship manager when they won't sign a deal, not agreeing to it on a 20ish year old who has shown promise

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 08:35:20 »

GET A GRIP Oh and by the way i BET Sean is at the game tomorrow maybe not playing but there to show some respect

That's nice, actually I just looked at the fixtures and saw the Plastics are away at Donny so not too suprising.

Anyway I'll try and have a whip round to see if we can get a going away present for him. Perhaps a really nice set of tweezers from the boots sale. It'll be useful for getting the splinters from the bench out his arse. In fact if they are doing 2 for 1 I can send the other pair to Paynter while I'm at it.

Seriously though he doesn't owe us respect. He was not and is not a guaranteed starter and we loaned him out to Southend when he wasn't of the standard last year. We don't owe him respect given he is not home grown and if fucking off to Reading for the money at the first opportunity.

That said, good luck to him. If he can cut out the mistakes he'll make an excellent league 1 and possibly championship player.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: