Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 48008 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:19:51 »

Course you know more than a Championship manager dont you....is Charlie being loyal?

You really do have the hump today dont you Leefer!

Ive never claimed to know any more than a championship manager.  I was expressing an opinion from watching the player.  And I dont know if Charlie is being loyal because I dont know what is going to happen with Charlie.  He hasn't gone yet has he.  

Never knowingly overstated.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:20:37 »

even though the clause was triggered we could of offered him a better contract
nochee

« Reply #197 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:21:02 »

Rubbish Paul.....hes young with experience...scores and makes goals....as i said its peanuts..

Also cost's us goals.

Morrison wants to go, what can you do if a player wants out? Hopefully we replace him with an experienced CB who can help us fill the void that we currently have in our defence.

Reeeeeves

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:23:30 »

Carbon, you think we could compete with Reading on wages?
Barry Scott

« Reply #199 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:23:39 »

1-Not let him have the clause....no one else has them.
2-Let him go for proper money....
3-Let him see out his contract and get the best out of him,ala Paynter.

I agree every player has a price at this level......this is well below what we should have been getting in my opinion.

Leefer mate, your points are invalid.

1. He had a clause. We had to agree to this or he would have left on a free with a fee decided by tribunal.
2. He had a clause. This means we have to accept it a bid of £250k or more, we can't not, therefore WE HAVE TO SELL.
3. We received a bid that met a release clause, therefore we have to accept a bid, therefore he can't see out his contract.

Well below what you value him at or not, his value was set in a contract. Can you not see we had no choice?

even though the clause was triggered we could of offered him a better contract

Which he has to accept. Why would he? He only accepted the last provided the release clause was in it?!
Lumps

« Reply #200 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:24:12 »

1-Not let him have the clause....no one else has them.
2-Let him go for proper money....
3-Let him see out his contract and get the best out of him,ala Paynter.
Erm....... do you understand what a release clause actually means? Because 2 and 3 suggest you've missed the fucking point completely. It's in his contract that we HAVE to let him talk to any club that offers over £250k. So how do you do 2 or 3 exactly?
As for 1, the article is pretty clear that Morrison wouldn't sign a contract without it last season, so it's likely all that would have achieved is us getting only a tribunal fee for him in the summer.

Would you have been happy about that?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:24:55 »

I wasnt part of the contract negotions (no shit) but I think the clause is a fucking stupid clause.

I can see why some players have release fee clauses but they are usually set pretty damn high, I believe Messi's is 225million.

For a minimum release fee 250k seems low for someone of Morrisons age, experience and potential. How much did we sell Leigh Mills for all those years back when he was younger and hadnt played a single game, could have been much, if any less?

Now, if Morrison pretty much said that clause or no signature that doesnt leave Fitton any room for manover at all.

If Fitton had dug his heels in and not agreed to it and Morrison left for a free at the end of last season we'd be moaning for not signing him up to another contract. We'd end up with 75k from a tribunal and everyone moaning we should have given into the clause.

Although, as it was only a one year deal and taking into account he's been much more involved with the first team this season would have sitting down to talk contract extension early into the season have helped?

Still, as I keep saying (doh) I dont care he's gone. I'd rather moan about the lack of replacement in truth.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:25:12 »

Carbon, you think we could compete with Reading on wages?
im not suggesting we can but an improved offer might have been tempting he can't be on anymore than 1k here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:26:25 »

Dave, can you make us a 43 reasons Lecsinel Jean-Francois is better than Sean Morrison thread?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:29:41 »

Dave, can you make us a 43 reasons Lecsinel Jean-Francois is better than Sean Morrison thread?

Yeah, I'll do that - then a scout will read the factual information posted then Scunthorpe will bid 250k for him, we'll sell him and Wilson will tell us he's happy with the defence of Cuthbert, Frampton (injured) and Will Evans.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #205 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:32:05 »

When he first came on the scene he looked class and a possible £1m player. Three years on he's not progressed. The Rovers home game summed him up - dogshit in the 1st half - class in the 2nd. He's played enough games now to have got a level of consistency but hasn't.
Reading could have got a bargain at £250k or could have signed a dog. Time will tell.
I'm not overly arsed about him going - he's no Taylor, Calderwood or Aizlewood.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:33:08 »

Yeah Paul....i expect you did at that age Cheesy....Charlie's missed a few sitters recently......GET RID!
At that age, I was far more consistent. Consistently shit. If you're trying to compare Charlie not scoring in two games with the wild inconsistency of Morrison, you've completely lost the plot. Only thing to swing more than Sean's performances is your mood swings Smiley

...the clause is baffling,and very worrying as all will be clambering for it now.
I doubt it. As I say, they're commonplace throughout football, so it's hardly going to be a big revelation for the rest of the players and Fitton's already said he regards it as a mistake he won't be looking to repeat.

Look, this all sounds like I'm slating Morrison which I'm not. I like him and I'd rather we'd have kept hold of him, and he may well have that potential you seem so sure of. I hope so, cos I'd like to see him progress. But it's not nearly as clear-cut as, say, Ward, or Charlie is it? He may develop into the next Rio Ferdinand, he may disappear into utter obscurity. So cash in now or gamble on him developing more than he has done in the past couple of seasons, well it's a gamble either way. But I just don't see this as the end of the world catastrophe you seem to.

As I and everyone else keeps saying, it's about how we replace him. And we very definitely need to do that
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:33:54 »

Yeah, I'll do that - then a scout will read the factual information posted then Scunthorpe will bid 250k for him, we'll sell him and Wilson will tell us he's happy with the defence of Cuthbert, Frampton (injured) and Will Evans.
OK, could you do a 43 reasons Pericard is better than Austin one then?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:35:28 »

OK, could you do a 43 reasons Pericard is better than Austin one then?

I'll help

1. Loyalty: Pericard has never publically stated his desire to leave
2. Manners: Pericard has never been banned from any Highworth Pub
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:36:15 »

Nope, its Sean bloody Morrison...well technically it isnt if he's gone so its now Michael Rose.

We sell Austin and that will leave us with Michael Rose as our most creative player and top scorer.

Thats actually pretty fucking terrifying.

That sums up our season.   Crying
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: