Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Morning After  (Read 9678 times)
dell boy

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 11:59:52 »

Gazza one loss in the last four you are correct.
What was our record from the last week of August before then?
Malpas fuck off to Scotland please.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:02:18 »

I disagree Dave - Stevenage was at home...BUT....we did play quite well in patches and got very close to scoring....unlike yesterdays shite....we could of easily lost 4 zip. Doh

You also have to take into account the wind in the Stevenage game. Any gale that can bring Digby's goal kicks back to the 18 yard box has to be a leveller.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:04:21 »

I predict a dogfight.........If Cox goes in January we might as well give up. Sad

Cox was just as poor as anyone yesterday. I think the problem is the media, fans, players and even the manager have focussed so much on Cox in the last week, we've forgotten a game is played with 10 other players on your side.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:04:38 »

Gazza one loss in the last four you are correct.
What was our record from the last week of August before then?
Malpas fuck off to Scotland please.
Yes but the latest results in the league and 2 against decent opposition Oldham (which i missed) and Scunthorpe (who are top of the pile) shows that in the league we stood our ground. Yesterday was appalling, Absolute bollocks however this is down to complacency no doubt thinking "they are only non league we will beat them",  Histon had nothing to lose and came at us. They played shit football, we sunk to that level and they outplayed us due to it, They are used to playing that level and battered us. I am not concerned about the result. I would be more concerned if it was a home league loss to Hereford say.  Malpas couldn't do much. He lost one of his substitutions when Smith got injured, He brought on Corr presumably as a target man as the ball spent most of the game in the air and brought on Marshall who played at a similar level last season. He couldn't make 11 substitutions sadly. I would say Malpas got it right. He played our first team, Sadly the players didn't want to play. You can shout and scream from the touchline all you want but if the players don't give a shit then.... what can you do?
dell boy

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:09:16 »

So if the players are not responding to the manager what do you do/
Change the whole squad, now that is a impossibility.
Making changes to the playing line up, including regularly swopping your keepers around, playing every combination of the four centre backs, play left footers in right sided positions and vice versa - he has tried many variations.
There is one variation we have not tried yet, it must be worth a go - Taxi for Malpas!!!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:11:21 »

There is one variation we have not tried yet, it must be worth a go - Taxi for Malpas!!!

So that is the guaranteed fix then? Silly me. There is me thinking that perhaps the players had something to do with it as well.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:12:05 »

It seems like some people are pleased we've lost, just to put more pressure on malpas...

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:13:03 »

So that is the guaranteed fix then? Silly me. There is me thinking that perhaps the players had something to do with it as well.

If you can't motivate ....
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:14:12 »

It seems like some people are pleased we've lost, just to put more pressure on malpas...

Anyone who is pleased we lost is not a true fan at least in my mind anyway. Malpas won't be going anywhere in my mind. The players were to blame for yesterday's loss end of. Every one of them looked shit however the manager chooses the team etc so he is not free from any blame but his substitutions were spot on IMO.
dell boy

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:14:24 »

I'm certainly not and I can't think of one Swindon fan who would be pleased either.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:14:30 »

I'm very much gutted we lost. the 3rd round FA cup draw is always a highlight if we get there. As is the chance to play Oxford in earlier rounds.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:15:52 »

If you can't motivate ....

So Ian Holloway comes in loses 5 on the trot then, we sack him too until we find an immediate winner??? To me again, Yesterday was shit, but if we respond and continue to climb up the league then we have shown we can bounce back, something we were not able to do a month ago. Maybe it's just me being positive but now we are focusing on the league and if we don't get this out of our system we will get dicked by Leicester next weekend. The players have a lot to prove now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:17:15 »

Exactly gazza. Adopt, adapt and improve

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:18:35 »

Time will tell. Ask again on January  1st. this is a critical month for everyone MHO.
dell boy

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 12:20:34 »

So Ian Holloway comes in loses 5 on the trot then, we sack him too until we find an immediate winner???

We need to make a change Gazza.
You talk about only one defeat in four early in this thread - if you had gone to the Oldham and Northampton games you would have known it could have been so easily more defeats, lady luck was with us then, against Scunthorpe, Smith had a blinder and kept us in the game, thats what he is paid to do of course.
My problem and many like me is simple, I believe we have players who are capable of performing well at this level, but I believe 100% that the manager is out of his depth.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: