Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alistair Darling's budget  (Read 20282 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:19:50 »

I hope that was a recycling bin !

Wise men say........
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:23:28 »

Good call. I might just do that!

I think Governments are fucking pointless. Your turn on the floor...

Maybe you could do something very British and hold a tea party? Like Boston did many moons ago.
Talk Talk

« Reply #107 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:32:10 »

Maybe you could do something very British and hold a tea party? Like Boston did many moons ago.

It's happening.

sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:35:02 »

That would be something that UKIP could organise....

It seems quite similar to me.  The locals in Boston threw the tea in the river rather than let it sail back to the UK, and basically stuck 2 fingers up at the British rule - eventually leading to the revolutionary war which of course the brits lost.

It could be UKIP sticking 2 fingers up at the EU, maybe they could throw something significant off a P&O ferry !

That would definitely start a revolution Smiley

Wise men say........
Talk Talk

« Reply #109 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:42:15 »

It could be UKIP sticking 2 fingers up at the EU, maybe they could throw something significant off a P&O ferry !

Ken Clarke?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #110 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:45:58 »

If I was a politician, I know that I would not be able to resist calling him "Darling" all the time, blackadder style.

I'd do it at every opportunity and I bet that I'd get people voting for me because of that reason alone.
sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:46:48 »

I would prefer the Scottish twat......

Wise men say........
iffy

« Reply #112 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:55:03 »

Thai politics is amazing. I can't work out if Thaksin Shinawatra is the Thai Abraham Lincoln, Robert Mugabe, Fidel Castro or Richard Branson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8004306.stm
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 12:03:17 »

If I was a politician, I know that I would not be able to resist calling him "Darling" all the time, blackadder style.

I'd do it at every opportunity and I bet that I'd get people voting for me because of that reason alone.

If Cameron says at PMQs that the last person he called Darling was pregnant 30 seconds later, that may be the only circumstance under which I'd vote for him.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #114 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 13:00:12 »

Did anyone see Russel Howard's Good News last night? Loved the Cameron posters and general pisstaking.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 13:55:16 »

We have a Monster Raving Loony candidate standing in our constituency.
Camerons our MP at the mo, so he will win because of all the lardy das etc.

Loony man will get my vote
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 13:58:16 »

http://www.loonyparty.com/index.php?page=manifestoproposals-1

Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 14:02:17 »

i'll be voting labour in the general election.i hate the tory party and think people are deluded if they think anything will get better under them.the normal working folk like us wont see alot of difference, but the rich will gain,and those at the bottom will suffer.the tories created the under class we have in britain today.labour are guilty of not dealing with it,but i feel they are better than the tories.
gordon brown, despite his flaws seems a genuine fella.
are things really that bad anyway? personally i'm doing ok, and dont think a change of government will benefit me at all.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 14:36:16 »

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion arriba, but obviously its your choice who to vote for.

Personally as a reletively normal working man I feel a shit load worse off under labour, mainly via the level of taxation that has slowly crept up during the last 13 years to pay for the bloated state we now have. The low paid are worse off under labour, so are the middle classes. The properly rich have done just fine. The benefits class must love labour, no need to get a job, we'll get everything paid for and the country will import eastern europeans to do the work. And thats before I even touch on the fact the reason ths country is in a worse financial situation than most other developed nations is because labour recklessly spent money during the good times, rather than pay back some of the existing debt.

No doubt I'll cop a load of shit for saying this (and I have no intention of actually doing it, due to a dislike for them - I've voting Tory) but I'd rather vote BNP than labour. 
Talk Talk

« Reply #119 on: Friday, March 26, 2010, 15:10:05 »

There's the rub, CT. The public sector now accounts for 52.1% of Gross Domestic Product. So it is now bigger than the private sector. How does that create wealth? It just means higher taxes to pay for it.

http://www.adamsmith.org/blog/politics-and-government/government-bigger-than-private-sector/

The spending on benefits is now greater than the take from income tax as well.

In 2009/10, the Treasury is expecting to take in £140.5 billion in gross income tax receipts. Social security benefits are projected to be £164.7 billion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5651825/Benefit-payouts-will-exceed-income-tax-revenue.html

Completely unsustainable. What this results in is exactly what labour want - a benefit dependent majority underclass and a majority civil service. Turkeys do not vote for Christmas.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: