Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW INVESTORS....  (Read 13026 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:07:39 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"
We really can't go down this season if we do we'll lose alot of money. It's a must that we survive.

Not true, when we go down

Our wage budget will be smaller, the players can get us relegated then ask for a pay rise when renewing contracts

Most player will leave and be replaced by the kids

IF we do well and are near the top we will get better crowds, plus ticket prices wont be dropped

When we go down, if we have a good next season we'll make more money than we did this season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:08:25 »

Every club runs at a loss in the books!!!

Reading made a £5m loss in their last accounts. Whilst I know there is room for creative accounting that's still fairly hard to interpret as a profit.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:09:14 »

Quote from: "DV85"
We really can't go down this season if we do we'll lose alot of money. It's a must that we survive.

Our wage budget will be smaller, the players can get us relegated then ask for a pay rise when renewing contracts

IF we do well and are near the top we will get better crowds, plus ticket prices wont be dropped

When we go down, if we have a good next season we'll make more money than we did this season.

I seem to remember saying that when we went down from division one  :?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:10:41 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

Its true though, being at the top of the 4th division would be more profitable than being bottom of the 3rd division....not going to happen though
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:12:35 »

Yeah it is true. I think if we go down we won't do very well though. It's my turn to be pessimistic  Soapy Tit Wank
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:14:30 »

Yeah it is true. I think if we go down we won't do very well though. It's my turn to be pessimistic  Soapy Tit Wank

Look at Torquay.... Cheesy

It depends, we have a few players on two years who cant fuck off (Peacock, Cureton, Brown, Gurney) if we go all the rest will fuck off because they think they are too good.....depends what we replace them with (our youth team I expect)
centre back

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:27:51 »

Reading made a £5m loss in their last accounts. Whilst I know there is room for creative accounting that's still fairly hard to interpret as a profit.

I said I would finish but last comment, are you talking about last years accounts?
For 2006 they average 24,000 at every game, with 17,000  of them season ticket holders, only spent about 1.5 million on players, the town is buzzing with nearly every young person wearing a Reading shirt.
If they have lost £5million this season there is no hope for anyone.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:30:21 »

Last years accounts yes. Maybe they have huge amounts of player amortisation, but they have more operating expenses than turnover. That said, it has obviously been run in such a way to get them to the premiership.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:36:23 »

Quote from: "centre back"

I said I would finish but last comment, are you talking about last years accounts?
For 2006 they average 24,000 at every game, with 17,000  of them season ticket holders, only spent about 1.5 million on players, the town is buzzing with nearly every young person wearing a Reading shirt.
If they have lost £5million this season there is no hope for anyone.

The loss though should really only be seen as the investment that John Madejski is prepared to make to get Prem football.....in realistic terms, its not big money in relation to that pumped in by others around that top 7 or 8 in the CCC.

Nevertheless its money that can't be generated from other sources, despite all the infrastructure.

The scum generated a small profit  last season, Kassam being a model chairman in making sure the club doesn't run into debt...
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, March 5, 2006, 16:47:38 »

But to be honest there is a good argument that financially we are better off in this league. I mean we were losing £2-3 million in the league above and in this league it's less. Definitely if we have a season like 2003/2004, we would make more money than one like 1998/1999.
centre back

« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 21:11:03 »

Tails,
I see you have changed or your pre and post quotes with IT WILL NOT HAPPEN TODAY, OR NEXT WEEK, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN.
Well my old son, I have £1,000,000 to put into Swindon Town on my own to reduce prices of entry for the rest of the season, but wankers like you make me think why should I bother.
No further info or hope will be given on this website.
Just wait and see what happens then put your hands in the air and say 'I was the disbelieving tosser who wanted to take the piss'.
You arsehole.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 21:12:05 »

we'll see then shall we?
my-velocity

« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 21:14:26 »

Quote from: "centre back"
Tails,
I see you have changed or your pre and post quotes with IT WILL NOT HAPPEN TODAY, OR NEXT WEEK, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN.
Well my old son, I have £1,000,000 to put into Swindon Town on my own to reduce prices of entry for the rest of the season, but wankers like you make me think why should I bother.
No further info or hope will be given on this website.
Just wait and see what happens then put your hands in the air and say 'I was the disbelieving tosser who wanted to take the piss'.
You arsehole.

Beers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 21:21:39 »

Centre Back has spat their dummy  

Fact of the matter is simple. We have heard it all before yet to date nothing has happened in real terms except for the Donagan fiasco that got us further into debt.

Bob Holt is presumably still trying to shake his stick at his investors, but he is  losing the battle because there are too many of them.

Anyone who had £1m to put into STFC would use it to secure the club as an ongoing concern (pay CVA for e.g.) , not wasting it on reducing ticket prices.
centre back

« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 6, 2006, 21:21:56 »

The offer is on the table, do you enjoy the prices you pay.
Or do you prefer to live in your little take the piss world.
Are you really Swindon supporters???
Make your minds up, the offer will not be their for ever.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: