Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 9805 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 10:31:29 »

The Six Nations starts tommorrow,and i'm looking forward to it Smiley
although i reckon the Frenchies are going to win it Sad
And the curtain raiser for the rugby league season is on tonight too.I do like a bit of both codes Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 10:35:27 »

I have to admit I prefer League to Union - feel that it flows a bit better and is easier on the eye without the 30 man 'bundles' you can get in union!!  

Reckon six nations is gonna be close between us and France - hoping we can just edge it!!  Cheesy
el duque

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 11:11:15 »

It should be good. I think that England will hammer Wales tomorrow by a margin of at least 20. I think England have a decent chance of a slam.

Wales were fortunate in the first game last year, and had Charlie not kicked abysmally against the frogs, England would have been so far ahead by half time that the French come back would have been in vain. Then there was the disgraceful reffing in the Ireland game... All in all, had things gone slightly differently, England would have won the slam last year. They have a better team now, so should do well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 12:22:07 »

England are on a rise, Wales on a slump. The main team to look out for will be France - I think the battle of the packs is going to be all important, which is why I think Wales won't win. That said, Wales will probably take an early lead so it will be all about keeping a cool head (from an England perspective).

Hopefully other teams have peaked too soon for the world cup as well, I feel England have loads more to offer and are only just starting to play like they know they can.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 12:29:55 »

As long as England don't lose to Scotland I couldn't really care less who wins.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
el duque

« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 12:34:49 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
As long as England don't lose to Scotland I couldn't really care less who wins.

I think Scotland might do alright this year. They should beat Italy, and I reckon they have a decent chance of turning over Wales and Ireland. They just need to give the ball to Patterson at every opportunity... and bring back Danielli!

The England Scotland game was great last year, though it is very difficult to imagine Scotland beating them this year. I don't think that you have much to worry about.
el duque

« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 12:40:15 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Hopefully other teams have peaked too soon for the world cup as well, I feel England have loads more to offer and are only just starting to play like they know they can.

Perhaps. I think that is definitely the case with New Zealand. Tana Umaga retiring is a huge blow... and McCaw's concussions are worrying. Without those two, their all conquering team suddenly looks rather beatable.

I'm worried about the French though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 13:05:51 »

Quote from: "el duque"
Quote from: "simon pieman"

Perhaps. I think that is definitely the case with New Zealand. Tana Umaga retiring is a huge blow... and McCaw's concussions are worrying. Without those two, their all conquering team suddenly looks rather beatable.

I'm worried about the French though.

Yeah that's my main concern as well. The team to beat in my opinion and will be a threat for some years.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 13:48:07 »

Without those two, their all conquering team suddenly looks rather beatable.

The Kiwis do a hell of a good job at peaking between World Cups :-))(

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 15:59:01 »

Swindon Vs Donny is on, fuck the Rugby!.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 16:05:18 »

Obviously Swindon are  the main concern,but i still find the egg chasing interesting Smiley
Anyway Spud,i bet you'll be watching  the Superbowl thingy on Sunday,and everyone knows American football is just rugby with padding on Wink

And fate has just
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 16:16:15 »

Quote from: "larwood"

Obviously Swindon are  the main concern,but i still find the egg chasing interesting Smiley
Anyway Spud,i bet you'll be watching  the Superbowl thingy on Sunday,and everyone knows American football is just rugby with padding on Wink

It's not that good, and I hate egg chasing

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 16:18:59 »

I don't particularly like cricket, but I endure posts about it.
I don't like wrestling, but there was a monster thread about it.
I'm not particularly interested in American Football either.

I let other people get on with it, leave us alone  Crying
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 16:26:59 »

Quote from: "larwood"

Yeah apart from Michael Johnson has said that NFL is more violent and physical than Rugby Union.  :roll:
McLovin

« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 16:28:30 »

He would just out-run them all, surely?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: