Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Vs Walsall - Matchday Thread  (Read 13274 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 21:46:01 »

Quote from: "bennett"
well done your child scored 138 goals in 3 years.

BUT HE'S A CHILD

fuck off and get a normal person on

feel sorry for the kid, having him as a dad.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 21:46:15 »

i i iffy iffy i!!!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 21:48:40 »

how do people like that actaully manage to impregante someone?! grrr

i swear iffy's from glasgow isn't he? weird accent

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 21:53:16 »

Quote from: "bennett"
how do people like that actaully manage to impregante someone?! grrr

i swear iffy's from glasgow isn't he? weird accent

Pretty sure he is, I'm sure there was talk when he was playing for us about Craig Brown maybe calling him up for Scotland, never happened though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 21:55:31 »

that'd be as funny as clinton morrison playing for rep. ireland

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:04:40 »

-BOSH-

Now start Cureton next game please!

Lordy he chose the right time to start scoring.

GREAT win.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:09:25 »

Not the best game in the world but a well deserved 3 points. Ace finish from Curo. We should have done better with a few of the other chances.

Nice to see us not 'hanging on'. The players gave it their all which is pleasing to see.  Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:10:27 »

Great match. First half was brilliant, very entertaining...end to end stuff. Without any exaggeration we could/should have had 4 or 5.

Cureton MOTM second home game running. What a finish for the goal! Gurney's pass wasnt too bad either. Brown had a good game, seems to improve every time I see him. Is Migs injured? Why did he go off?

Mads Timm is a cunt...not particularly good player either, considering he is from Man U.

Here's to three points on saturday Beers
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:14:02 »

Get in! Not only is it so refreshing to see a Swindon side battle for everything - its refreshing to see a Swindon side play well!

I would say Walsall were poor but I just think we were good, really. Could have been 3 or 4 goals up at half time, the Walsall goalkeeper made a terrific save from Peacock and Cureton missed some golden opportunities. He made up for it with a terrific volley to put us deseverdly 1-0 up. The only real chance Walsall had was a free kick which was well saved by Rhys Evans. 9/11 players I couldn't fault at the end of the half. Migz and Gurney were very poor in the centre of midfield.

Second half we played some good stuff again. We are playing it on the floor a lot more and we're doing it well. The on form Cureton almost got an identical goal but another wonderful save from the Walsall keeper denied him. Walsall hit the bar but did bugger all else, Swindon played competently and showed every sign of a team that not only wants to stay up, but can stay up. A bit nervy at the end but we held on.

Peacock and Cureton = superb. Both of em. Brown and Shakes on either wing cause all sorts of problems and the back 4 are looking solid once more. Not impressed with Walsall bar the goalkeeper. Mad Tim or whatever his name is looked alright on the ball, but constantly gave it away. It was nice to see Grant Smith playing crap aswell!

Well done boys, great result.

Oh, a funny incident. Just a minute after getting booked, Gerrard tried to tackle brown before he'd actually taken the corner! You can't do that mate - and you were lucky not to be sent off.

Bejamin put himself about a bit, but I can see why he is disliked. Ah well, I don't care at the moment.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:20:39 »

I wouldn't call it a Nicholas cock up considering he was shoved in the back a few times and it should have been a free kick...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:23:03 »

Quote from: "Ginginho"
Yup....not a memorable game, but 3 points is what matters.
Great finish from Cureton...but that header that he missed before that was a sitter! He almost had an identical second goal later on.
Brown played well, as did Shakes and Smith......I won't mention Benjamin! :shock:  

Walsall were pretty crap though, didn't create any real chances apart from that Nicholas cock-up in the 2nd half....when they hit the bar.

I was surprised to see us hanging on at the end and panicking a bit when they had been the dominant side throughout...the last 10 minutes was woeful football.

The hanging on thing will be because O'Hanlon was injured - hence why we changed to 4-5-1 and left Benji a bit isolated to chase the width of the pitch.
Danjackson10

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:31:29 »

What was everyones opinion of benji then!?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:33:47 »

benji doesn't look great, but to be fair to him he did get his body about and stuff. we won so not fussed

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:34:23 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
What was everyones opinion of benji then!?

Looked alright.  Strong on the ball, had a hard role to fill but done it not too badly.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 22:35:42 »

Benji did the right things when he came on, and he whacked the Walsall goalkeeper in the face  Cheesy

I wouldn't bring him on if we were losing though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: