Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Vs Walsall - Matchday Thread  (Read 12904 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 08:03:23 »

I was very pleased with the result,we are getting to the stage where almost every home game is one we have to win so i don't care how we do it.We deserved the win but as usual we had to make it harder by only being one nil up when it should have been a lot more comfortable,i still can't believe Cureton missed that sitter in the first half.
But hey, we won so who cares Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 08:42:00 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
We were ace today, especially the wonder strike by Curo and Shakes was different gwavy!. Here's to another 3 points on Saturday.  Beers

Sade, next time you see Heywood point him out to the Stewards so they can chuck the scummer out.  :evil:

It was great joining in with the chants of "WE WANT MERSON OUT!" at the end.

That was superb, when they interviewed Iffy on the radio, guy interviewing said to him "Drinks on you tonight then Iffy" and then quickly said "Oh, I mean coffee".
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 09:24:53 »

Great result last night and we could have scored more goals. Browns shot in the second half was mighty close and I thought curo was going to get a toe to it.

Peacock is not as good as fallon in the air but his movement and understanding with Curo is much better.

I can't wait for Saturday now Cheesy
fatbury

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 10:16:20 »

Excellent match ... super goal .. delighted to see Curo getting some goals now .. thought he and Peacock linked well .. Peacock was class

Loved Benji .... entertainment value as well as good presence

Brown is improving too as he gains fitness and I think Paul Smith looks class in the middle .. should get more games

I enjoyed it .. we won Smiley
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 12:49:12 »

We were ace today, especially the wonder strike by Curo and Shakes was different gwavy!. Here's to another 3 points on Saturday.  Beers

Sade, next time you see Heywood point him out to the Stewards so they can chuck the scummer out.  :evil:

Cheesy  At half time when he was walking down the steps, it went a bit quiet and people were giving him funny looks. Then some bloke shouted 'WANKEEEERRRR' really loudly. I felt a bit sorry for him, but I guess he has to expect it. Other than that I think he was able to watch the game in peace!

RED ARMY
fatbury

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 12:50:45 »

I wonder if Walsall want Christian Roberts ... he and Merson have a lot in common Smiley
Spud

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 15:46:03 »

Quote from: "sade"

Cheesy  At half time when he was walking down the steps, it went a bit quiet and people were giving him funny looks. Then some bloke shouted 'WANKEEEERRRR' really loudly. I felt a bit sorry for him, but I guess he has to expect it. Other than that I think he was able to watch the game in peace!

I dont feel sorry for anyone who claims that Walsall are a bigger club than us.  :evil:
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 18:36:41 »

Does any1 have a link for the goal.  Ive heard it was mint, so just wanna see for myself !!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Beers  
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 18:44:09 »

It was rubbish really, a tap in.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 23:04:49 »

Below is a Walsall fans view on the game:

"Just back from the game. Jesus, it was desperate. As bad as Bristol City? Yes, it probably was. Swindon were like a pub team. In fact, they would have struggled to beat a half-decent pub team. We were considerably worse.

We were just hopeless. Our one and only tactic was to lump the ball forward to the mighty height of Kevin James. We showed earlier in the month that the new midfield can actually play a bit - but we made no attempt to use Leary or Smith. Every time any of our back four (or five, including Oakes) got the ball they just hoofed it as far as they could. It was truly, truly pitiful.

I can't sum it up any better than by talking about Paul Smith. When he played for us, as soon as the ball went anywhere near him you could guarantee one of the opposition players would race in there and get to it before he did, leaving him with no time at all. Today he had all the time in the world. Even with five minutes to go and us being a goal down, he was allowed to just stroll around the middle picking out his passing.

On the bright side, at least Lee Peacock was dire, probably rivalling any of our players to the accolade of being the worst player on the pitch. The best was, without question, Cureton, who scored one, missed two open goals, and saw two excellent shots saved by Oakes.

The second half saw a few pathetic "Merson, Merson sort it out" chants before a brief "We want Merson out" which was greeted with derision by many of our fans. I actually heard someone say on the way out "I don't know why Merson puts up with the abuse he gets". Deluded idiot.

I've rarely felt so depressed to be a Walsall fan. There were EIGHT changes since the game at Bristol City but the performance was the same. What's the common factor? Merson. There is literally nobody who I wouldn't take as manager over Merson. Give me Tony Pulis, Tony Blair, Tony Butler, ANYONE. Just get Merson out NOW before he gets us relegated. I just hope it isn't already too late."

Did this person even watch the same game?Huh?  :shock:  We played like a pub team!?!?!?! Peacock was dire? WTF!!!!
This person has some serious issues!! Then again, his username is 'Bristol Fan'  :roll:

I found this on the following message board/topic, if you want to go and put the Walsall fans straight: http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5982

To be honest though, the majority of their fans did say that we didnt play like a team who is in the bottom four....

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
STFC Village

« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 23:17:40 »

Go and start on them PHIL!!! The idiot clearly doesn't have a clue and to top it all, he posts under the alias of 'Bristol Fan'. Let him feel your wrath, just like you did to Oxford Fan Cheesy
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 23:28:25 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Go and start on them PHIL!!! The idiot clearly doesn't have a clue and to top it all, he posts under the alias of 'Bristol Fan'. Let him feel your wrath, just like you did to Oxford Fan Cheesy

Go start on them? Its only a forum mate....
Haha, just noticed your signature  Smiley  Its from Cool Runnings right? The greatest film, may i add  Cool

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 23:56:52 »

whilst we were poor last night i do think we were beaten by a well organised, physical swindon side who showed the bottle we clearly didn't have.

Madds Timm was very poor as was Grant Smith who constantly gave the ball away. we were hoofing the ball to strikers who did could do nothing with it and it was so frustrating to watch. wtf was gerrard doing trying to tackle the corner taker before it had even been taken?

I really think we missed out on Peacock. He didn't look match fit but he battled for everything and made some neat moves. Cureton was a different class Sad his goal was sublime. Could have easily had a hat trick tbh, Oakes made some decent stops but was flapping around way too much.

Swindon were poor in the centre of midfield and we really should have capitalised. i was impressed with their 2 wingers.

i can only see a relegation fight for us, and with other sides picking up points it's gonna be difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if Swindon stayed up, they have some quality. Luckily for me I live in Cheltenham so it wasn't that far a trip back.

MERSON OUT! I'm tired of watching this rubbish.

That walsall fan seems a bit nicer to us.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 00:10:49 »

Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
Below is a Walsall fans view on the game:
We were just hopeless. Our one and only tactic was to lump the ball forward to the mighty height of rory fallon. We showed earlier in the month that the new midfield can actually play a bit - but we made no attempt to use shakes or jarret/brown. Every time any of our back four (or five, including evans) got the ball they just hoofed it as far as they could. It was truly, truly pitiful.

how many of us feel like this after town games though?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Spud

« Reply #209 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 05:46:43 »

Just a few things ive picked out of the posts on the upthesunderland forum:-

*whilst we were poor last night i do think we were beaten by a well organised, physical swindon side who showed the bottle we clearly didn't have.

*The biggest positive for me was the wonderful Rockin' Robin dance before the game, greeted with stoney silence from all around the ground.

*we played awful and were lucky to only lose 1-0.

Cureton could and should have had a hat-trick last night, Oakes made a fantastic save to deny Peacock and Cureton, they twice saw shots miss the far post by inches.

*The few chants of Merson Out and Merson sort it out were pathetic, so bad that even Swindon fans joined in to help  

*Swindon were like a pub team. In fact, they would have struggled to beat a half-decent pub team.
 :wanker:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: