Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cunt...  (Read 16018 times)
Danjackson10

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 16:58:02 »

what i cant understand is Hartson wanted to sign for Swansea but they have decided to go for Fallon! :shock: why get fallon for 300k when you could get Hartson who is ultimately a better player!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 16:58:30 »

300k...good earner. peacock here now, better goalscorer than fallon would be. cureton looks to want it more, even though i think that was becasue peacock was pushing for a place with fallon.
lumpimynci

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:00:19 »

I'm suprised at how angry people are. Be fair to the bloke, he's not done the dirty on us, stringing out the negotiations until he was out of contract in the summer to maximise any signing on fee. He seems to have been honest with MD and allowed the club to make a few quid on him.

Bearing in mind that over the couple of seasons he's been with us he's pretty much just got on with his job, without causing any problems, I'd say good luck to him.

Think about this:

He didn't throw a sulk when he first came here and Parkin and Mooney were first choice, but did a good job as sub and scored some important goals.

When SSP was going and he might have though he was in with a chance of being the main man he didn't spit the dummy when we signed another two strikers in Cureton and Thorpe, to join Roberts who we'd already recruited and young Caton who was pushing up from the kids - he just got on with it, went out on loan when he had the chance, then came back, won back his place and is now top scorer.

Also I seem to remember that back in the summer he had the chance to go off with the NZ squad and he chose to stay here to concentrate on his club football.

OK he's chosen to leave, but he's not the first, and he won't be the last. It's not really enough to make him some sort of hate figure is it?
Danjackson10

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:03:07 »

Quote from: "lumpimynci"
I'm suprised at how angry people are. Be fair to the bloke, he's not done the dirty on us, stringing out the negotiations until he was out of contract in the summer to maximise any signing on fee. He seems to have been honest with MD and allowed the club to make a few quid on him.

Bearing in mind that over the couple of seasons he's been with us he's pretty much just got on with his job, without causing any problems, I'd say good luck to him.

Think about this:

He didn't throw a sulk when he first came here and Parkin and Mooney were first choice, but did a good job as sub and scored some important goals.

When SSP was going and he might have though he was in with a chance of being the main man he didn't spit the dummy when we signed another two strikers in Cureton and Thorpe, to join Roberts who we'd already recruited and young Caton who was pushing up from the kids - he just got on with it, went out on loan when he had the chance, then came back, won back his place and is now top scorer.

Also I seem to remember that back in the summer he had the chance to go off with the NZ squad and he chose to stay here to concentrate on his club football.

OK he's chosen to leave, but he's not the first, and he won't be the last. It's not really enough to make him some sort of hate figure is it?

agree and 300k is a good deal
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:05:40 »

he went back to NZ in the summer to train with his old man. the only reason he wasn't capped for NZ was because the paperwork didn't go through soon enough.

anyway, i agree mostly with what you're saying but the fact is we're all a bit angry right now. i'm sure in retrospect, some will be much less angry at the situation.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:06:40 »

agree and 300k is a good deal

Yes but is it really that much,because if it is quite frankly i would be amazed and delighted.
I'm not upset about Rory going,its the way of the world for a club in our position,i thought he was going to stay and go for nowt so i fairly happy that we will get some dough.Although it won't be spent on new players obviously :-))(

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Piemonte

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:12:34 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Get a grip VD, its not the end of the world.

No, its certainly not the end of the world. I think Peacock is a better player than Fallon and I think he will score goals. So will Cureton now

My main point, is we the fans have supported Rory when he hasnt delivered the goods, as soon as he delivers the goods he suddenly thinks he is better than us and fucks off, that to me makes him a grade a cunt.

The club accepted a bid. He is within his rights to talk to Swansea. I dont hold anything against him for that, and thank him for his efforts this season
Danjackson10

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:12:40 »

i imagine its probably £200,000+ with clauses that could make it up to 300k! £200,000+ would still be a good deal in my opinion for a player whos contract is up in the summer!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:14:08 »

Don't you just love speculation!  
Danjackson10

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:16:08 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Don't you just love speculation!  

indeedaleedoodalee
adje

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:17:40 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
i'll always be grateful for the goal he scored against city but that's hardly reason to worship him. doubt he'll ever score another goal like that in his career.

i'd imagine he'll be a backup/super-sub player at swansea, certainly not first choice, in which case the £300k price tag seems remarkable. however, swansea will get a bloody good price for trundle so it's probably just loose change for them.

don't know why you're so upset dv, you were convinced we were going down anyway!

which one Sonic-they were both fucking brilliant!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:17:49 »

i imagine its probably £200,000+ with clauses that could make it up to 300k!

That is brilliant business Cheesy I'm shocked by that news,we didn't get screwed over for once.I mean 200 grand would be great,but 300 grand,although i reckon one of the clauses is if they have to go up,so come on Swansea Wink
Lets just sit back and remember THAT goal against shitty Smiley

And fate has just
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:20:17 »

Bring on friday. I've suddenly got a spring in my step. Out with the old in with the new! Cock face and Curo up front! I sense goals.  Smiley

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:21:00 »

Quote from: "lumpimynci"

Think about this:

That is the most sensible well argued and totally correct comment on the whole Fallon situation

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:21:10 »

Just read on 606 that Barnsley will get some of the fucking money Sad

And fate has just
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up