Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car dent thingy quote  (Read 1122 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 22:16:18 »

You might remember that I reversed into someone's car a few months ago and dented it, and rather than us both being shafted by insurance companies we're paying for half each. He finally got back to me with some quotes today, ranging from the lowest at £480 to one over £600 exc. VAT.

Does that sound reasonable?

It's a dent just above the front wheel arch on the passenger side. Quite a tricky place apparently.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 22:21:24 »

http://www.dentdevils.com/

( http://www.dentdevils.com/dent/Lasoft.html )

Depends how big it is but my olds have used the above and they've been pretty cheap and very good quality, one above the wheel arch if i remember correctly, was alot cheaper than the above but they just do the dent aslong as the paint isn't broken, depends if they need it spraying to

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 22:23:45 »

Yes thats about right my brother paid the same for a dent on his car.

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 22:26:24 »

my mate had a truck drive over his car. Huge dent above wheel arch and front bumber fucked. I think he said he got quoted around that but in the end he did it himself to save £
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 11:43:07 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
You might remember that I reversed into someone's car a few months ago and dented it, and rather than us both being shafted by insurance companies we're paying for half each. He finally got back to me with some quotes today, ranging from the lowest at £480 to one over £600 exc. VAT.

Does that sound reasonable?

It's a dent just above the front wheel arch on the passenger side. Quite a tricky place apparently.

depends what car his is??
to me it sound expensive. If it's just a dent then some garages can pop them out and buff them over, job done.
or if it needs a new wing your better off finding one yourself and then have a garage fit it etc.
taking a wing off is dead easy to do.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 11:48:50 »

yeh but it's not his car so the bloke might not be bothered with all that jazz
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 12:34:23 »

Move house, change name, start your life again.  And it'll save you £300 too.  Brilliant.  Don't tell any friends or family where you are, cos if they find out, that's £300 down the drain my friend.  Move to D.R. Congo they'll never find you there. D'oh!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: