Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Awkward social situations  (Read 2923 times)
DMR

« on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:51:53 »

I had some old dear come up to me (in Marlboroughs Waitrose funnily enough) pinching my cheeks (no, not like that) and telling me how big I'd grown and how handsome I was looking these days- wahey- but you know, like old aunties etc do?

I'd never met this person in my life.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:53:25 »

that's class
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:55:37 »

She was obviously mad and thus you're 5 foot 1 and look like Wayne Rooney.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:58:55 »

awkward moment...

when you see someone you know, but not very well (perhaps from a drunken party) and you know they know who you are, but you dont know wether they will acknowldege you. so you leave yourselfopen to be acknowledged but they're not sure whether you recognise them so they are unsure about acknowldeging you. you know, that one  :-))(

officially blacker than the night.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:00:25 »

I know that one
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:01:57 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
awkward moment...

when you see someone you know, but not very well (perhaps from a drunken party) and you know they know who you are, but you dont know wether they will acknowldege you. so you leave yourselfopen to be acknowledged but they're not sure whether you recognise them so they are unsure about acknowldeging you. you know, that one  :-))(

Yes and I hate it
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:11:08 »

I've had enough of these to last me a lifetime.

Was at a friend's party a few months ago and had their mum come up behind me and hug me giving me a little peck on the neck and inquiring how I was doing.  To her utter horror, I turned round and she realised I wasn't her son....  There was nothing to do but laugh.

Consoling a mate who has just split up with their girlfriend is always difficult - have had this today funnily enough.  No one wants to be the one who breaks the silence, but someone has to say something but what do you say?

"You'll be alright mate, we'll go out on the pull Saturday night" could leave them in floods of tears, or could be a good matey thing to say to cheer 'em up.  Its especially difficult if your own love-life is going well, so next time you break up with someone, just think of how awkward you're making the lives of people around you!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:12:19 »

When a bird says to you about a session of rampant love making...and in all honesty you can't remember a thing about it....because you were so out of the head.

Very embarrassing.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:14:52 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
awkward moment...

Yeah I know that one, happens a lot. Also I'm always seeing people who seem to know me but I have no idea who they are but then I generally remember who they are a few hours later. It's annoying.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:15:51 »

Calling the wrong name out during sex?

C'mon, whose done it?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:16:01 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

Was at a friend's party a few months ago and had their mum come up behind me and hug me giving me a little peck on the neck and inquiring how I was doing.  To her utter horror, I turned round and she realised I wasn't her son....  There was nothing to do but laugh.

Consoling a mate who has just split up with their girlfriend is always difficult - have had this today funnily enough.  No one wants to be the one who breaks the silence, but someone has to say something but what do you say?

"You'll be alright mate, we'll go out on the pull Saturday night" could leave them in floods of tears, or could be a good matey thing to say to cheer 'em up.  Its especially difficult if your own love-life is going well, so next time you break up with someone, just think of how awkward you're making the lives of people around you!

Id say " pull yourself together you ponce and get the beers in"

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:17:37 »

last year loads of people came up to me and said 'hello simon' or 'how's things simon'. Didn't have a bloody clue who they were and still don't to this day  Oops
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:17:45 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "Walrus"

Id say " pull yourself together you pounce and get the beers in"

fucking soapy tit wank Yeovil  Cheesy  Cheesy

'Ponce', btw
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:18:54 »

Waking up with a fat bird who's name you cant remember at your own house so you cant do a runner,though I have actually done a runner from my own house once. Soapy Tit Wank

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:19:10 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Calling the wrong name out during sex?

C'mon, whose done it?

But surely you only embarrass yourself Dave Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print