Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sarfend  (Read 2741 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:10:14 »

To be mischievous why dont we pretend that, due to some perceived injustice that we may or may not have suffered at the hands of our "deadly rivals"from Essex,we are really fired up about our forthcoming fixture and are determined to gain revenge for some long standing and deep rooted wrong doing that we have never forgotten,like,I dont know,the weather was really cold at Roots Hall in 1985 or we were forced to listen to Alison Moyet songs before the kick-off,something like that.Coz I haven't had as much fun at a losing fixture for years!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:18:54 »

exactly..nail on the head :-))(
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:20:45 »

Oi,this kind of attitude is reprehensible.You should be ashamed Adje,whipping up the tef firm again.The hooliganic element that post on here frankly sicken,appal and terrify me,especially Sade and Fatbury.

Wink
Great post

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:25:38 »

Ooooooooh I hate Southend, I really really REALLY hate them.  Just looking at a cockle makes my blood BOIL!!!!

I want to punch them all.

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:26:53 »

Seafood frenzy!!!!!

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:28:25 »

I hate Southend for the LDV last season, and the fact that it was bitterly cold and my jeans were continually slipping down....!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:28:56 »

Southends full of old people who ride buses and eat chips.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:32:08 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
I hate Southend for the LDV last season, and the fact that it was bitterly cold and my jeans were continually slipping down....!

Reason (a)-understandable
Reason(b)-unbelievable

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:35:03 »

Old bastards.

I heard the Southend Zimmer squad are 150 handed (and 1 hook) and will be looking for it big time.They said their youth are going to chase Swindon down the sea front in their mobilty chairs. :shock:

/
W56196272
Danjackson10

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 17:36:47 »

SOUTHEND IS THE BUMHOLE OF ENGLAND
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 19:35:11 »

If we take out the Beanie Baby Family Stand first, the undefended disabled enclosure will be easy pickings. Surrender
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 22:48:30 »

i'll be going in a suit if i can work it out with my job  Smiley

i'll work out a swapp with there suited up leader and we'll swap yeovil_red for the great shrimp mascot they have  Cheesy

http://www.red-passion.com/ldvfinalphotos/nic/small/2.jpg

ace  Cool

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 22:56:02 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Oi,this kind of attitude is reprehensible.You should be ashamed Adje,whipping up the tef firm again.The hooliganic element that post on here frankly sicken,appal and terrify me,especially Sade and Fatbury.

Wink
Great post

I terrify you  Sad

RED ARMY
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2006, 23:33:05 »

I've hated those Southend scum ever since they put 8 past us in 1951. Passed down through the generations. Apparently one of their goals looked like it might've been offside too and one of our players received a questionable booking. Cheating bastards!

Who's up for punching a few pregnant women then? They think there so good with there coast line and pensioners, makes me sick.  :x

Kill Kill Kill the shrimps. :evil:
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 00:01:52 »

I found this article about the game which explains where the hatred began:

Why do we hate Southend so? Des takes us back 53 years to tell how the ill feeling began.

Once upon a time, a match against Southend was just another fixture. We’d played them pretty regularly since the 19th century and in all that time nothing had happened. We were probably one of their bogey sides or something.

Then, 55 years ago, all that changed. A game which Bob Wilson described with monumental understatement on Match Of The Day as ‘two gorillas having a punch up above the fiery pits of hell' put ‘We hate Southend’ and its variants into the Robins vocabulary for ever. How can this be? Why is a club over 100 miles away in a place full of pensioners and chavs held in such contempt? Time usually heals wounds, but with Southend our contempt has, if anything, grown as the years have passed. You need to be at least 80 to remember clearly exactly what happened and even then due to senility probably wouldn't remember anything, so memories and legends have obviously been handed down with relish to younger and newer Swindon fans. What was it really like to have there that day?

Well it was shit, we lost 8-2 so we hate them loads.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: