Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swansea - not nearly as loud as Cardiff  (Read 1381 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 10:30:33 »

Anyone remember that game in 2001? Cardiff won 3-0 and their fans were just mentally loud. Back then I used to sing at the back of the South stand, near the TV gantry, but you literally couldnt hear the person 5 seats from you, so you couldnt cotton on to any Swindon chants.

I feared the worst yesterday, but we kept them pretty quiet. Swansea had shit loads of groups of lads in their following and they are top, and this was supposed to be one of their biggest away games this year. So no excuses for them. Cardiff 3 times louder/better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 11:29:22 »

I'd have to disagree.....Cardiff may be better on the mindless thuggery front, but don't recall much noise from them, plus loads of gaps on the Bank.

At least when Swanseas sang their couple of times you could hear it....which is unusual from a bank based away support.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:26:25 »

Was that the game when Earnshaw rounded Griemink and then Heywood completely took him out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:28:06 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Was that the game when Earnshaw rounded Griemink and then Heywood completely took him out.

Earnshaw scored,  Ruddock tried totake him out, but couldn't get close enough.

And Daisy got a red card, for one of those pathetic opponents dives when he made no contact whatsoever....it was Daisy.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:33:03 »

I'm sure Heywood cropped Earnshaw... I remember the Cardiff fans were not happy at all after it...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:34:54 »

i was at that game, cardiff were quite loud, but to be honest, i don't remember every single detail.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:40:12 »

He may well have done.....but my abiding memory was Booby Howe, pathetically heading a ball going out of play, back into play right in front of the sticks straight to a Cardiff player....may have been Boland.. for the 3rd.

I tried hard not to hate Booby....but that was it for me.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:41:23 »

good old bobby, scored a great free kick v the orient in the worthington cup. think it was the worthington cup.  was abit crap though.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:45:44 »

Bobby Howe, just another out of glut of crap we had, well maybe not another, king of the shit. Still I remember he had about an 8 match purple patch where he was alright, got injured and reverted to being just as shit again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 13:55:34 »

Quote from: "dogs"
Bobby Howe, just another out of glut of crap we had, well maybe not another, king of the shit. Still I remember he had about an 8 match purple patch where he was alright, got injured and reverted to being just as shit again.

That was the thing, occasionally he resembled a half decent player, and getting on his back was never going to help.....I think we underestimate the draining effect what appear slight injuries have on some players.

Chris Hay, for example, at the beginning of his time looked an absolute snip at 300K....got injured at Stockport....The Chief got sold and he was just never the same player.
Danjackson10

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 16:17:27 »

that was my sisters first game! Earnshaw and Kavanagh scored, cant remember the other one! Ruddock got sent off! think there was about 8,500 there with about 2,000 cardiff fans! they were loud!
Gethimout

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 17:00:24 »

Went to my first match in about 6 months yesterday! I thought it was a bloody awesome game! Especially when that scouse cunt Trundle was near the TownEnd.

Anybody remember the chant about his mum being a whore?

Absolute classic shout, everybody jus cracked up laughing!

We should of fucking nicked it at the end tho!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 17:08:13 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
that was my sisters first game! Earnshaw and Kavanagh scored, cant remember the other one! Ruddock got sent off! think there was about 8,500 there with about 2,000 cardiff fans! they were loud!

Nah Ruddock never saw red....neither were Cardiff particularly loud.....Ruddock's only red card was in his last game King's first back at Notts County.
Amir

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 17:38:49 »

Don't remember Cardiff 2001, but 1995 they were very impressive.  To be fair to Swansea when they sang they were load.  Could hear them better than I could the other end of the TE first half.
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 1, 2006, 20:18:01 »

No way Reg, Cardiff went into an absolute frenzy in 01. The year after they werent so good.

Loudest 3000 fans in the last 10 years for me. (probably Sunderland THE loudest, but they had 5,000).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: