Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town May Pull Out Of TV Special  (Read 1874 times)
Elsterap

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 00:45:59 »

If you believe evertything you hear in the WDP (dont):
Plans to make a fly-on-the-wall documentary about Swindon Town, fronted by Ron Atkinson, may have been scuppered by yesterday's farcical launch. The six-part series, provisionally titled Big Ron Manager, was due to start filming today and be screened on Sky One at the end of the season.

However, the manner in which the project was promoted in the national media yesterday has now put its future in jeopardy.

The football club are unhappy that the show has been portrayed as a vehicle to get former Manchester United boss Atkinson back into the g ame.

Atkinson, 66, resigned from his job as an ITV pundit in 2004 after he made a racist comment about Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly while he thought he was off-air.

Swindon officials will meet with Atkinson and the production company, North One, this morning to try and salvage the project.

Town manager Iffy Onuora was particularly upset by suggestions that Atkinson will be involved in the running of the team.

"It's come out the wrong way for me today and I'm disappointed, " said Onuora following last night's 1-1 draw at Chesterfield.

"The situation is that Ron Atkinson was coming to front a TV programme, and I say 'was' because the way things have gone today has put the project in jeopardy as far as I'm concerned.

"He was not coming as a coach, a director of football or any title as provided by the club.

"His role was to look at all aspects of the club, not just the team. He was supposed to look at the commercial side and the stadium issue.

"Obviously he is a guy with vast experience and you'd be stupid not to accept advice, but that does not mean to say he has any say in team affairs.

"And to be fair to Ron, he knew that and that was not his brief. But the way it has come out has been unfortunate and it has left a sour taste, because it's a long way from what was discussed with Ron and the programme makers.

"The initial idea was to start this week but whether that is still feasible I don't know. We will discuss it on Thursday morning and go from there."

I dont think too much of it to be honest - but it may be true.
Link
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 09:12:37 »

WDP are sometimes right...but more likely to not be. There like our local version of the sun.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 09:25:28 »

apparently its going ahead now after a name change to the show....
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 09:30:13 »

'Lets all laugh at Swindon' ??
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 09:40:58 »

'The Twilight zone'?

'Tales from the crypt' ?
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 13:58:21 »

Back of the western daily press today - ' Camera's are ready to roll'  Cheesy

RED ARMY
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 13:59:41 »

The WDP is a pile of shite, if i run out of loo paper thats what i'll use.

Brizzle Paper.  :evil:
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 14:26:37 »

It depends on what you get. The somershet edition or the wiltshire edition. If my dad buys the somershet edition I go mad, nothing worse than seeing one of those ugly cider heads on the back of the paper first thing in the morning  :?

RED ARMY
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 14:28:49 »

Just get The Daily Sport instead Sade, lots to *cough* read *cough* in there.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 19:27:18 »

the programme according to the wdp...dunno if this was right then was gunna be called. 'big ron manager' that name is wrong!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 20:14:51 »

correct johnson...the club didnt like that name because it implied Ron is the manager and he isnt.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 20:59:49 »

Apart from being very misleading, 'Big Ron Manager' are also just random words that I imagine were dreamt up by a retard.

It might as well have been called 'Football Atkinson Gaffer'.

Or something.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 30, 2005, 21:05:29 »

Potential new names:

Down down, deeper and down
It'll be all-white on the night
my-velocity

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, December 31, 2005, 15:03:58 »

This isn't true, the cameras were here today at the Swansea game we got filmed so thats cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: