Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fallon to join Plymouth for £250k....  (Read 5923 times)
Spud

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 16:32:03 »

We'll take 200k and Scott Taylor if things get desperate.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 16:47:26 »

On the other hand, let's not get too worked up about what is, so far, still a rumour. Remember the Wilkins and Wise as managerial team rumour of a few weeks' back? That was crap and this may well be too.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 19:34:35 »

see ya Fallon! good luck! we certainly need when your gone! (im preparing for the worst)
swindonrobin

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 20:17:26 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "swindonrobin"
And anyway, Rory said he wanted to sign a new contract didn't he Cheesy

So did Grant Smith!!  Mate footballers will go where the money is.

Right! Exactly. And look where he's ended up! Bottom of the league and no regular first team football.
Rory knows he's guaranteed first team football here if he keeps up what he's doing, and I'm sure he's heard how well Parkin's getting on :roll: Why does he have a reason to move just yet? Shocked End of the season maybe, but not now. This year's been his first real shot at being the #1 striker after being in Sam's shadow for so long. He finally gets his shot and you think he's gonna move somewhere he's probably gonna be stuck on the bench again? Shocked
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 20:36:05 »

Quote from: "janaage"
And anyway, Rory said he wanted to sign a new contract didn't he Cheesy

So did Grant Smith!!  Mate footballers will go where the money is.

Right! Exactly. And look where he's ended up! Bottom of the league and no regular first team football.
Rory knows he's guaranteed first team football here if he keeps up what he's doing, and I'm sure he's heard how well Parkin's getting on :roll: Why does he have a reason to move just yet? Shocked End of the season maybe, but not now. This year's been his first real shot at being the #1 striker after being in Sam's shadow for so long. He finally gets his shot and you think he's gonna move somewhere he's probably gonna be stuck on the bench again? Shocked

Yes, money talks....first team football means sweet fuck all.

Shaun Wright-Phillips was well on his way to being a Man City legend, he played 90 minutes every week. Now he is a bench warmer.....
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 20:45:10 »

Shaun Wright Phillips has played in 19 games for Chelsea alone so far this season though, most of them are sub but he's still been playing regularly.

I think first team football does mean something but it's not everything. I can't see Rory signing a new contract, especially not if we're relegated but I'm not sure if he'll go in January unless we're way adrift. If he did I wouldn't expect as much as £250k though.
swindonrobin

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 20:56:26 »

We're only 13 points off the play-offs for crying out loud! We are NOT that adrift yet.

ANYTHING can happen.
swindonrobin

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 21:16:32 »

I hope we stay up so we can thrash Brighton next year Cool
Manc_Swindon

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 23:07:10 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Shaun Wright Phillips has played in 19 games for Chelsea alone so far this season though, most of them are sub but he's still been playing regularly.

I think first team football does mean something but it's not everything. I can't see Rory signing a new contract, especially not if we're relegated but I'm not sure if he'll go in January unless we're way adrift. If he did I wouldn't expect as much as £250k though.

Actually Wright Phillips has played 21 games this season for Chelsea, 14 of which have been when coming off the bench.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 23:09:35 »

Well thanks for correcting me, although one of those must have been tonight after I posted that surely.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 02:42:57 »

At the end of the day Fallon isn't going to get his career breakthrough in the fucking third division. Unless we stay up he's as good as gone. If it looks unlikely we are going to stay up come January, he will be off as we will want to cash in rather than see him go for free.

Smith is a bit of a strange situation. Many of us TEF thought city would do well this season. Yes, you never can tell, but he's hardly ended up worse off than he was here, in fact he's probably earning more money.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 12:03:19 »

Quote from: "nozza"
I like to think we will stay up and keep most of our players to build for a promotion charge next season.

haha wasn't that the gist of last season and our impending romp to the championship this year?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Piemonte

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 12:41:23 »

No, if that was the intention of the board then we would have not cut the playing budget and lost all our best players on free transfers.

Our best players like "5 good games last season" Igoe and "fatboy the central midfield genius" Howard. not to mention "the half season wonder" Smith

The only player that left on a free in the summer that we actually miss is Heywood.
fatbury

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 12:42:43 »

im not missing Heywood!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 12:42:48 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
No, if that was the intention of the board then we would have not cut the playing budget and lost all our best players on free transfers.

Our best players like "5 good games last season" Igoe and "fatboy the central midfield genius" Howard. not to mention "the half season wonder" Smith

The only player that left on a free in the summer that we actually miss is Heywood.

:shake:

The only one we miss who left on a free is David Duke
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: