Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dirty turks  (Read 2803 times)
genf_stfc

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:01:33 »

now, I'm not racist or owt, BUT, I have never liked the way the Turks play football (by fouling everything in sight, rolling around on the floor trying to get people sent off, etc, etc.).

Very pleased to see them get knocked out of the world cup last night - wish they got stuffed too, but if that happened it probably really would have kicked off against Switzerland last night.

They've been at this for years and frankly their FA don't help the situation in the slightest, winding their fans up to the point where they have to ban away fans from travelling to avoid a riot, which gives them a huge advantage too - if England did that, we would get banned.

It now looks like they might finally get the bollocking they deserve -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4444566.stm

Perhaps it will just be an as usual slapped wrist, but there is an outside chance they might ban them for a few years (could do Galatasaray while they are at it too)...especially, since Sepp Blatter is Swiss  
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:08:45 »

I saw some of it on sky sports news,the Swiss fair play to them were giving as good as they got at the end Smiley
I doubt Turkey will get banned,FIFA seem to be more concerned about clubs with too much money than to worry about the racism,violence and match fixing scandals that go on :x

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:11:39 »

Swiss players have exposed the extent of the abuse dished out by Turkey during Wednesday's World Cup qualifying play-off.

Defender Stephane Grichting was hospitalised after receiving a kick in the stomach at the end of the match and was treated for a perforated urinary channel.

Violence erupted in the tunnel following Switzerland's qualification, with Swiss players claiming they were attacked by their Turkish opposition and a number of security guards.

Johan Lonfat, Johann Vogel, Benjamin Huggel and trainer Erich Burgener were all caught in the fracas.

"It is a scandal," fumed Swiss coach Kobi Kuhn. "I never saw it, nobody saw it - Turkish police officers stopped television crews from filming what happened in the tunnel."

Sochaux's Lonfat added: "After the match, the players were pushed around in the tunnel leading to the changing rooms. There, the Swiss players were worked over by Turkish players and police officers.

"Grichting got a kick in the privates and was bleeding. I was attacked. It is incredible."

Sepp Blatter, who is himself Swiss, has revealed his outrage at the events and has threatened to exclude Turkey from the 2010 World Cup.

It has also emerged that the Swiss government are considering legal action. Spokesman Raphael Saborit confirmed: "We can't exclude the possibility of there being action.

"We are seeing what we can do or say but initially we need to be put in touch with the people concerned."
Nils

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:12:35 »

I agree. After the Galatasary incident where 2 Leeds fans were stabbed to death I have hated them ever since.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:18:30 »

perforated urinary channel - oooh, that sounds nasty !
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:31:14 »

Same old Turks, they go out and have to start fighting.  :evil:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:33:16 »

Fucking disgraceful.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 16:44:48 »

Yeah fuckers, saw it on skynews last night...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 21:32:09 »

Just seen this on the tele. What a farce. The swiss players had threats of having hteir throats slashed by the turks. I'm sorry but that isn't right, and UEFA should be involved.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 22:51:05 »

I'm with the Toon Army on this one  Cool  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 23:02:58 »

Tell Blatter they have English decendents and he'll ban them until the year 1 billion.

Of course if he realises it's guff he'll do what he always does. Ignore it and go back to making petty policy descisions/law changes and having digs at anything English.

I can't believe with the world cup draw imminant they still haven't decided on how to fiddle the seedings yet to their best advantage  (watch the smaller nations get seeded in order to promote the game).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 18, 2005, 00:22:25 »

I like the Turks....got a bit of spirit. Also invented the kebab...I'd rather they qualified than the Australians.

The Ottoman empire was OK, I'd have liked to have been a Sultan with a harem.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 18, 2005, 00:43:25 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I like the Turks....got a bit of spirit. Also invented the kebab...I'd rather they qualified than the Australians.

No wonder they are good at football - wasn't Osman the first Ottoman Sultan?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 18, 2005, 00:47:04 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

No wonder they are good at football - wasn't Osman the first Ottoman Sultan?

May have been...but I certainly don't recall Suleiman the Magnificent playing for the Shitty.
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 18, 2005, 06:15:50 »

I read that if Turkey are found guilty then they will be banned from the 2010 World Cup.  Beers
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: