Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF At Port Vale  (Read 16954 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 18:10:49 »

This taken from The Internet Football Ground Guide...

Bernie Mountford informs me; 'The Vine near to the ground, on Hamil Road, is certainly a good bet for away supporters. A good pint is on offer coupled with an enjoyable pre-game atmosphere'. This pub is certainly the main away fan pub, but it not for claustrophobes, as this small pub packs the fans in like sardines. Still it was friendly enough, with a range of real ales on offer.

The town centre is only a short walk away where there are a number of pubs to be found. I visited the New Inn (just along from Kentucky Fried Chicken), which was friendly, served real ale and reasonably priced food. Another pub worth visiting is the Bull's Head in St John's Square. This pub is the local outlet for the nearby Titanic Brewery which is located in Burslem. It is friendly for away fans and has good number of real ales on offer. To find this pub: From the outside of the away end, turn right and go down to the bottom of Hamil Road (passing the Vine Pub on your left). Turn right at the t-junction and then go straight across the traffic lights at the crossroads. Proceed past KFC, Wades and the New Inn on the right and then if you look over to your left you will see Woolworths at the bottom of the square. The Bulls Head is on the right of this square.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 18:16:19 »

which one then  Cool

all of them?

i'll be there if whits sorts himself out, the disorganised so and so  Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 18:42:30 »

Ralphy is....BoldMember

"I love booooolldd"
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 19:48:14 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

dave, give me a call on 08457 48 49 50

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 19:52:32 »

Quote from: "Whits"
Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

dave, give me a call on 08457 48 49 50

Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 20:01:29 »

Boldmember?

Just so it's easier to read!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 20:09:38 »

Some info about the ground for away fans....

Up to 4,500 away supporters can be accommodated in the Phones4U Stand, where the view and facilities located on the concourse behind the stand are good. Even a relatively small number of away fans can really make some noise from this stand, as the acoustics are excellent. However, the slope is quite shallow, which might affect your view should a tall person be seated in front. Normally though, you could still move to another seat if necessary.

I've been to Port Vale on a number of occasions and always found it be a good day out. However the experience has sometimes been a little intimidating, not due to the Port Vale supporters but more because of the huge Police presence in and around the ground. One Police Officer said to me as we left the ground five minutes early, as my team were losing 4-0. "Leaving already? there's still five minutes to go!". Now who said that Police Officers don't have a sense of humour? Still, on the plus side the pasties on offer within the ground are among the best I've eaten at any football ground, so much so, that I found myself going back for a second. The P.A within the ground is quite deafening at times and there is no escape, even in the toilets, as it is piped through!

If you wonder at half time why the Port Vale fans seem transfixed with staring at the away end, it is not intimidation, but the electric scoreboard perched on the roof of this stand! (which the away fans can't see). Also at half time the Vale fans in the Railway Stand tend to transfer from one side to another so that can be nearer the goalmouth that Port Vale are attacking. Vince Smith a visiting Northampton Town fan adds; 'I must say it was an enjoyable day out at Vale Park, with very friendly stewards, turnstile operators and very good food served by friendly staff. All in all a very pleasant experience and far more enjoyable than a visit to their near neighbours.'
my-velocity

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 20:32:33 »

Guuna lose gunna lose gunna lose. GUNNA LOSE.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 20:49:17 »

SHUT IT beckett  :x
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 01:46:45 »

The Vine. Pretty decent, and not as small as he makes out.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 04:16:53 »

How far from the ground is it Spencer? As close as he says?
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 08:02:03 »

Ive been to Vale Park in the past .. its a nice ground to get to - murder getting out! Not a bad place to go but bloody freezing usually so wrap up well!

WOnt be going this weekend after the shocker last night ...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 13:23:05 »

Why is Vale Park any colder than any other midlands or northern club?  :-))(
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 13:23:45 »

WOnt be going this weekend after the shocker last night ...

is that the only reason?  :-))(

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 17, 2005, 13:29:55 »

If the man don't wanna go then leave him be Whits!  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: