Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fm2006  (Read 65281 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 12:41:48 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
Nico Van Der Linden?! Is he some kind of left back/centre forward scouse-accented Dutchman hybrid?

Oh, and Ermin Rakovic Cool

rakovic was rubbish for me and nico van der linden is sadly not dutch but belgian  :x

i've made some wicked signings this summer:

dean kiely - free
jose julian de la cuesta - free
fernando morientes - free
vincent enyeama - free
geremi - free
diego soudza - £3.5m
thiago motta - free
tomas sivok - £2.5m
darijo srna - free
andré luiz - £275k
and the wonderfully named Zeb Gesang-gottowt Zeb Cheesy

Good luck with him, fantastic player but certainly one to keep happy. Signed him for 170k last summer, came off the bench at half time and scored a hattrick to beat Wigan 3-1 in his first game for Swindon. Has scored 8 in 20 ish games but already wants to leave as he hasn't settled in Swindon and is feeling the pressure of public expectation. On the plus side, Tottenham are sniffing around and he now has a price tag of 5.25million so I might be able to get something for him.

Got Pongolle in the January transfer window for nothing so he is a ready made replacement for the temperamental Brasilian.
Piemonte

« Reply #721 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 12:50:08 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

Got Pongolle in the January transfer window for nothing so he is a ready made replacement for the temperamental Brasilian.

good move, you wont regret it.
 :thumbs:
100 goals in 3 seasons for me. *bows down to worship*

Sipie -  I signed Samaras, I'd been looking at him anyway as I was Greek manager for a brief and unsuccessful period. £8.5m, half of which is over 12 months.

After some wheeler dealing, I've still got £19.5m to spend (which is what my budget was before any deals) I dont really know who to spend it on.

Any recommendations for proper top class DL, AML, AMR
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 13:13:38 »

Turns out I spent £4.8 million on Pongolle....what was I thinking? :shock:

Not overly impressed so far, can't keep himself fit and has 1 in 6. Playing him on the right side of a front three in a poor team though, so there may be more to come.

In terms of AML/R, in my game (March 2009), Saloman Kalou seems to the best money can buy somewhere around the £10m mark. God knows about left backs, I still have Nicho. Oops Doesn't seem too bad in fairness, average rating of just over 7 after 20 starts...he even has a goal to his name!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #723 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 13:20:54 »

Was tempted by Pongolle in my game but got Youla instead. He scores loads so it's all gravy.

I think I've got Vratislav Gresko as my left back but he's getting on a bit. Why don't you look at Leighton Baines or someone like that (young and improving)?
Piemonte

« Reply #724 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 13:22:06 »

I play him on the left of a front 2. He drifts out left then cuts in onto the right foot like a certain other frenchman.  Cool

I play him with high attacking and high creative freedom.

I had a look at Kalou, but there was something wrong with him. Aggression 1 was it? He'll never fit into my sides thuggish mentality the hippie cunt. Cheesy

Si - Inter signed baines for £16.5m a season ago on my game. He is ace though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 15:41:43 »

Just finished 9th in the Championship as town, in only my 3rd season.

Got some ace free signings coming in: Guti, Danny Murphy, Jermaine Pennant, Jonathan Greening and Shefki Kuqi.

From previous 'dealings' I have Matt Etherington, Mark Viduka, Jay Bothroyd, Joseph Desire-Job, Neil McCann and Brad Jones.

Looking good for promotion next time round.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #726 on: Monday, August 21, 2006, 16:04:29 »

Pieface - Lee Molyneux from Sunderland ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 20:40:34 »

14 games into the season as Swindon, top of league two 14 straight wins...

Roberts has 14 goals and Brownlie has 12. Peacock has none

Paul Evans has scored 7.

My top player is Paul Ince 8.40

Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #728 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 00:02:44 »

AMR - James Morrison, good young player and is reasonably cheap.

AML - Loads of options for but the only one I could get within the budget this season was Frederic Nimani. Seems to be fitting in nicely though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #729 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 02:11:57 »

Ok I've started my 6th season in the game and 3rd season in the Prem. The fans expect the team to be champions after last season's finish in 1st and prior to that 2nd.

Played around with my tactics and Samaras and Youla got back to getting the goals quickly before Youla got injured 3 games in. Samaras is still on fire though and the highlight has been demolishing Crystal Palace 5-1 away from home.

Morrison is proving to be a great player, certainly worth the buy Pieface and he only cost me £2.5m although if I could have been bothered to bargain I could have got him cheaper I'm sure.

Nimani has been hit and miss - my assistant highlighted he doesn't always appear to be dedicated. Think I'll see how he gets on, if he has a bad spell will drop him and make it known his performances haven't been good. He's been solid enough thus far though, but if you're still looking to buy an AML Monte, I'd look elsewhere.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 08:04:07 »

How complicated is it all these days. use to be, look at a player, he is obviously crap don't buy him. He looks good, get him. Could never go wrong!
Piemonte

« Reply #731 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 08:51:20 »

Morrison has been and gone Si. Signed him on a bosman from pompey 3 years after they bought him for £4.9m and had done fuck all there.

He was generally anoymous for me and lasted 1 season before I sold him for £2.5m
magic8ball

« Reply #732 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:16:24 »

Just thought I'd share! Okay, not many games been played, but I'm still top!

My fourth season in the Prem, just avoided relegation in the first, mid-table last two season, but I did win the FA Cup last year so get to play in Europe this season.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/2758/1zo8.png
magic8ball

« Reply #733 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 09:37:10 »

Forgot to mention that I've had stints with Wales, who I left for Ghana. Eventually resigned from that job as it was getting on my nerves. I've turned down jobs from some pretty big guns in the Prem. The only job I'm waiting for is the England one.

And this just happened....

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8427/2qe3.png

My whole midfield in the team of the week!  Cheesy

And I used the editor before I started so that I will move into a new 40,000 all-seater stadium at the end of this season (2012). I hope to be in the Champions League by then.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2006, 10:26:14 »

fuck it, Im going to buy the game again! Pissed off that my other disk is scratched and cant install it now Sad

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: