Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Absinth  (Read 2952 times)
DMR

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 21:06:03 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "Onion_Jimbo"
I once drank 6 shots  (of the watered down crap) and was drunk as a skunk. that was when England played Swedon in 2002 world cup.

I enjoy the propper stuff. It works a treat
Powerful stuff. Not surprising so many have fond memories of drinking it though because they do say that absinth makes the heart grow fonder Cool

oh dear  Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 21:06:34 »

Quote from: "santini"
I once drank 6 shots  (of the watered down crap) and was drunk as a skunk. that was when England played Swedon in 2002 world cup.

Powerful stuff. Not surprising so many have fond memories of drinking it though because they do say that absinth makes the heart grow fonder Cool

that was so bad it was funny Cool
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 10:47:19 »

Quote from: "Batch"

I remember that day well. It was our wedding day. She was dredding an England loss!

You got married on a Sunday?  My sister got married the day before that match and I went to Oz the day after.  Fucking quality days.

As for absinth when I satyed in a hostel in Prague for three months the record for drinking the proper stuff was five before losing the ability to do anything.  I had a couple before I got on the night train to Budapest which was fun!!
mattboyslim

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 11:08:59 »

That was the day after my Summer ball in first year at Uni, 500 battered studens watching the game over breakfast in a combo of England shirts and dinner suits.  The the Argy match on the firday was the after the legendary vodbull night in brum, drank 5 pints watching that even though I was still smashed, I only really remeber the nigeria game from the group stages.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 11:15:46 »

The Argy match was on the day of the ball in my first year - one of the greatest days ever that was! Smiley
mattboyslim

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 11:18:15 »

I also had a ball the day we won the rugby world cup, far to many tossers singing rugby songs that day, I was a proper miserable git when refusing to join in the singing of sweet chariot at the end of th speeches.
Amir

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 12:30:13 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
I've never been out in Bristol, what's Evolution like?

A dive Cheesy   Closed at the moment due to the level of disorder in and around the club.  Hopefully it will stay that way.

Lakota when I used to go was always considered the best club in the region.  Back then(7/8 years ago) it was a mainly drum and bass club, now it's mainly house and commercial dance I think.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 15:08:46 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
It is nasty as shit, but for a bigger kick try Red Nephew! crazy shit 65% proof!

Without wanting to piss on any fireworks, 65 proof is actually only 37.1% AbV (or 32.5%using the American proof calculation)

Unless of course you're referring to 65% AbV which is pretty strong stuff, on a par with most over the counter Absinthes.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 16:30:02 »

this thread nearly made me buy a bottle in sainsburys today but i just resisted, it was £16.99, 55%
Dazzza

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, October 20, 2005, 21:42:52 »

Polish Vodka is another dirty fave but one of the worst I've seen in actio has to be mezcal a tequila variant in a minatures bottle complete with worm.

Utterly hammered or vomit seems to be the outcome.  

The drink that has worms in and is often confused with tequila is mezcal, a related but different beverage produced in Mexico. The grub in question is the agave worm (gusano rojo) and there are several theories about its presence in the bottle. One of these is that the worm guarantees the strength of the distilled spirit. Another is that the worm is supposed to endow special powers and is said to have hallucinogenic properties. The addition of the worm to bottles of mezcal dates from the early 1950's and while consumption of it has become somewhat of a young man's rite of passage, it is, in essence, a marketing ploy. Today, you'll find one mezcal listed at BC Liquor Stores: Gusano Rojo Mezcal (SKU #286591 — $39.95). Yes, it has a worm.

land_of_bo

« Reply #40 on: Friday, October 21, 2005, 07:46:04 »

Isn't there a club called Lacota or something similar ??

Lakota's is a quality club if you're into your banging trance and techno, or at least it was a few years ago....not sure what goes on there now. The sound system is loud as fook!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, October 21, 2005, 09:33:02 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Isn't there a club called Lacota or something similar ??

Lakota's is a quality club if you're into your banging trance and techno, or at least it was a few years ago....not sure what goes on there now. The sound system is loud as fook!

Lakota was indeed a fantastic club.Last time I went Boy George was Dj'ing.He was alright as it happens.That must have been about 10 years ago.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: