Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what would you rather  (Read 2724 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 10:21:23 »

Really?? Jan's getting some experience before he comes back to save our club is he?  Excellent.  Lillestrom'll be in the champions league next.
DMR

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 11:22:35 »

England, tbh. Sorry.
DMR

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 11:24:52 »

Funny, a year ago I would have chosen club every time over country. And England are boring.

I'm pretty fucked off with football generally at the moment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 11:26:13 »

right now.....id probably rather see my sunday league team win something or some note:
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 11:28:10 »

I'd like to point out that I'd always put a Swindon match before watching England - especially considering the likelyhood of us playing on the WC final day are slim to sat the least.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:38:40 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
you might have to put up with Bury v Swindon as the opener to the 2006/07 season - great.

I think its worth thinking about next season, if we get that far.....Bury decent club started the season badly and got in Chris Casper as caretaker  boss, he's won two and drawn one of the first four...some may recall he was on losn to us, under McMahon....had a big money move to Reading  and his career was finished by a broken leg....he's still only 30.

I was struck by this passage in the BBC biog.....After Casper was forced to retire he accepted a coaching position with Team Bath for the 2002-03 season - the year the team reached the first round proper of the FA Cup.

He watched world-class athletes training at Bath's top-class facilities, learning from their dedication and discipline.

I know King was old school , but you'd have thought Iffy would look to use this facility relatively on our doorstep to improve the players fitness....given that Univ of Bath want to set up at Coate...you'd have thought a bit of positive publicity would play well with them.

Reg, I think you have a valid point here that most seemed to have overlooked. The facilities at Bath Uni are absolutely fantastic, so quite why the club haven't investigated their use is bizarre. Then again, maybe they have and can't afford it, as I can't imagine Bath Uni offering use gratis. Either that or the cider 'eds have dedicated use or something.

Player fitness was something I was harping on about in the Thisis forum at the end of last season - there is something wrong at our club that I can't put my finger on right now, but its a legacy of a poor fitness regime, that I am sure about.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:39:34 »

And Swindon before England any day.
flammableBen

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:43:48 »

Swindon to win the world cup. We should get to enter.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:46:36 »

I believe it was the Singaporean National Newspaper that once reported that Swindon had qualified for the 1994 FIFA World Cup.  The  journalist meant to report that Sweden had.  

That even makes John Ritson look good.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: