Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what would you rather  (Read 2723 times)
McLovin

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 08:42:36 »

Swindon and Scotland... not having the best couple of weeks are you?

Belarus *snigger*
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 08:56:54 »

Makes me laugh when England-Swindon fans have a go about Scotland's results.  Mate we're bottom of the league and sinking, not really in a great position to take the piss.

We've shown a lot of improvement in the last 12 months, so I'm happy with the progress.

Enjoy the WC Dave cos about 6 weeks later you might have to put up with Bury v Swindon as the opener to the 2006/07 season - great.
McLovin

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:15:40 »

I have to find something to laugh about, being a Swindon fan doesn't offer too much at the moment!! :|
adje

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:15:50 »

would be nice to see engerland win something, but who gives a fuck about them when we are in a relegation battle so swindon 110%

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:18:58 »

It'd be great for us to be successful, then bump into the fella's out on the town celebrating.

To be fair these internationals and premiership players and so aloof from the average supporter I find it difficult to get excited about top class footie.  

As Dave was suggesting though this could be down to my heritage and lack of success.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:32:32 »

you might have to put up with Bury v Swindon as the opener to the 2006/07 season - great.

I think its worth thinking about next season, if we get that far.....Bury decent club started the season badly and got in Chris Casper as caretaker  boss, he's won two and drawn one of the first four...some may recall he was on losn to us, under McMahon....had a big money move to Reading  and his career was finished by a broken leg....he's still only 30.

I was struck by this passage in the BBC biog.....After Casper was forced to retire he accepted a coaching position with Team Bath for the 2002-03 season - the year the team reached the first round proper of the FA Cup.

He watched world-class athletes training at Bath's top-class facilities, learning from their dedication and discipline.

I know King was old school , but you'd have thought Iffy would look to use this facility relatively on our doorstep to improve the players fitness....given that Univ of Bath want to set up at Coate...you'd have thought a bit of positive publicity would play well with them.
Spencer_White

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:36:32 »

If England fans take the piss out of Scotland they hate us.

If England fans give sympathy to Scotland fans in lean times they hate us even more. FACT!

Pity and sympathy from England is what Scots get really wound up about. Its like a 5 year old boy desperately avoiding a kiss from his fat auntie.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:37:55 »

So what are you going for then Reg?  I reckon a 2-1 victory for us.  Pook and Holgate scoring for us.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:44:03 »

Casper was subject to one of the most ridiculous red carda I've ever seen.  

Away at Wolves whilst on loan here he was sent off for two bookables, the first of which I cannot remember, the second was a challenge that didn't really warrant a yellow, at the time it seemed the ref thought this too.

After the challenge he had a quick word with Casper and walked off, so Casper retreated to defend a free kick.  The Molineux crowd considered this the wrong descision by the ref so made their feelings clear.  Upon hearing the crowd's displeasure the ref called Casper back and showed him a second yellow, and gave him his marching orders.

Madness!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:48:08 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Casper was subject to one of the most ridiculous red carda I've ever seen.  

Away at Wolves whilst on loan here he was sent off for two bookables, the first of which I cannot remember, the second was a challenge that didn't really warrant a yellow, at the time it seemed the ref thought this too.

After the challenge he had a quick word with Casper and walked off, so Casper retreated to defend a free kick.  The Molineux crowd considered this the wrong descision by the ref so made their feelings clear.  Upon hearing the crowd's displeasure the ref called Casper back and showed him a second yellow, and gave him his marching orders.

Madness!

Classic....he also scored an OG when we got stuffed 6-0  at Maine Road, having gone into the game top of the league. The fact that he was a ManUre boy made it all the funnier for the City faithful.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 09:50:09 »

Horlock scored a couple in that game didn't he?

Think Buzzer also scored against us in a 3-0 defeat at Maine Road, Horlock I think scored the other two?

"You only win with our rejects..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 10:00:58 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Horlock scored a couple in that game didn't he?

Think Buzzer also scored against us in a 3-0 defeat at Maine Road, Horlock I think scored the other two?

"You only win with our rejects..."

Summerbee and Horlock both scored in that 3-0 game Uwe Rosler got the other.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 10:02:52 »

Ah, sorry.  I missed the first 60 minutes of that game! :shock:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 10:04:35 »

Uwe Rosler, who know works with JAF at Lillestrom.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 10:13:16 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Uwe Rosler, who know works with JAF at Lillestrom.

Think I read somewhere that Rosler had gone and JAF had taken his role...could be wrong, as I don't tend to take much interest in Norwegian football.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: