Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Transfer deadline thing.  (Read 1164 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:28:40 »

Seems to be a bit of a joke really.

We get to sign a forward when we have 100's and loads of clubs seem to be signing loan players all over the place.As far as I can see the only real excuse for a loan player should be if you have no one to fill the position because of sickness and injury.

/
W56196272
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:37:24 »

thats what the rule is supposed to be. "emergency" loans but of course nobody is using the loans in an "emergency"
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:41:37 »

i've been trying to find guidelines for what constitutes an emergency, bit i'm not having much luck...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 13:47:33 »

we're rubbish and are strikers bar Fallon arent scoring. We are bottom by 5 points. Sounds like an emergency to me!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:04:23 »

The Football league have gone against FIFA/Uefa on this one.  There's meant to be no transfer activity but the FL said they wouldn't agree to this and stipulated that clubs must have access to emergency loans, fully understanding that the term "emergency" could mean pretty much any situation.
mattboyslim

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 14:41:54 »

Thats the key bit, the League are basically creating a loophole and are happy to see the rules being bent because they disagree with it, odds are that in a year or so all these emergencies will have to be uefa sanctioned, so we don't upset johnny foreigner and his rules.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 15:06:34 »

Premiership and Football League clubs cannot now sign players until 1 January 2006.

In exceptional circumstances, such as if a club had no goalkeepers available, the Premiership might consider allowing a club to sign a player.

In the Football League, loan deals are permitted.

Conference clubs can register four short-term and four long-term loan players after the window closes, and can play five loan players in a game.

They can also sign a keeper for a minimum period of seven days outside the window if they do not have a registered keeper available.

from the BBC website.

The Football League/FA didn't want the transfer window in the first place, they fought it as long as they could.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 17:28:24 »

matt im 100% sure that quote as your sig should read:

"Competitive sport isn't about whether you win or lose, it's about how drunk you get" Homer J Simpson

Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: