Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not the right kind of message Iffy!!!  (Read 1846 times)
fatbury

« on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:44:10 »

Swindon caretaker boss Iffy Onuora said he would like to return to former club Gillingham in the future if his fledgling managerial career takes off.
Onuora has taken the reins at Swindon following Andy King's departure

"That's a question for the future but I've got a lot of affection for Gillingham," he told BBC Radio Kent.

"I'm already looking ahead to going there with Swindon in January. Hopefully I'll still be in a job and can turn up at Priestfield."

The 38-year-old signed for Gillingham twice as a player before moving into coaching at Swindon.

"I had my best spell at Gillingham, and I can say without any fear of recrimination that they were my favourite spells," he added.

To be honest it might come sooner rather than later .. the Gills are almost as bad as us!!!!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 13:56:30 »

That's really got my goat!I hate Gillingham.No more I I IFFY IFFY I for me(although I suspect he was just being nice to Radio Kent)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 14:05:24 »

Faggot, I hope he was fucking misquoted.  I detest it when players/managers talk about clubs they'd like to join after their current job.  What a bunch of crap - Iffy you've won fuck all, you've got fucking everything to prove, and at the moment Nuneaton Borough wouldn't look twice at you let alone Gillingham.

Given that the Gills are our supposed rivals, this makes it 10x worse.  SUPER LOU, SUPER LOU MACARI   :x  :x  :x
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 14:08:06 »

Im quite surprised he said it to be honest .. and its on the Swindon page of BBC SPORT !! :|
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:07:22 »

wanker  :x  sod off to the pikeys then!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:31:06 »

He has been misquoted there. What he said was he's looking forward to going there in January with Swindon. Not once in that quote did he say he wanted to manage Gillingham.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:04:39 »

Quote from: "Tails"
He has been misquoted there. What he said was he's looking forward to going there in January with Swindon. Not once in that quote did he say he wanted to manage Gillingham.

Exactly, if you actually read the quote properly he never actually says he wants to go and Manage Gillingham, just that he enjoyed playing for them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:11:28 »

Why would you be talking about a fixture in January? It seems a silly thing to say... I'm not really impressed.

Why would you be talking about how a former club when your trying to get a job at a rival league club with a bad history with Gillingham!?!?!?!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:12:14 »

Because I'm guessing the pikey radio asked him about Gillingham?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:27:23 »

Why shouldn't Iffy talk about a former club....especially one with no rivalry with STFC, its not O*ford.

Iffy wanted to stay with us, when he was transferred to the Gills , but Puffett explained to him how the transfer fee would help keep the club going a bit longer, so he sacrificed his own desires and returned to the Pikeys.

I'm sure that he knows how precarious the job is here, so it never hurts to put in a good word in different quarters.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:38:29 »

not good though really it suggests he loves Gillingham and doesnt give a shit about STFC
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:40:25 »

Yes but he blatantly does give a shit about this club though doesn't he?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 17:40:26 »

I love it when Reg gets on his soapbox about the Gillingham (non) rivalry Cool

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 19:23:29 »

Thats Gills fans at radio Kunt stirring up shit. Dont underestimate the levels they will stoop to rile us.

Iffy suggests he enjoyed his football there. No problem.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 10:43:50 »

just sent the BBC a "suggestion" (that they don't report bollocks)
Holding my breath................... now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: