Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carson - "APPLICATIONS FLOODING IN"  (Read 1903 times)
Dazzza

« on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 00:50:08 »

Nowt new from wee Willie here....

APPLICATIONS FLOODING IN - CARSON
Chairman Willie Carson has revealed applications are "flooding in" for the manager's job at Swindon.

The Robins, adrift at the bottom of League One with just seven points from their opening 11 games, parted company with Andy King last week after almost four years in charge at the County Ground following a run of five successive defeats.

Reserve-team boss Iffy Onuora was placed in caretaker charge for Tuesday's 1-0 defeat at Doncaster, and Carson hinted it was possible the former Town striker could put himself in the frame for the position.

"When a side like Swindon sacks its manager there are always plenty of applications. They keep coming in. They're flooding in," Carson, 62, said.

"But at this stage we don't know, things are up in the air.

"There's nothing wrong with Iffy, he did a good job with the youth team and if he does a good job he might be someone we look at. But we're still very open-minded at this stage."

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 00:51:36 »

They'll be drawing straws for the job knowing our board
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 00:56:48 »

I thought Iffy had the job already.

Im confused,so he's the caretaker and they are going to interview people by the sounds of it.Im going to apply

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 01:02:53 »

I don't think they can do anything until King's package has been sorted out.

Reading quotes and the like I'm not sure they can even talk about the position being technically available.

I’m guessing it may well effect the terms of King’s settlement deal and following that how much pay out he may get.

I get the impression that they may well be looking at external candidates unless Iffy pulls something out of the bag.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 07:30:22 »

I'm sure there's some sort of law that within a company they have to advertise the position even if filled internally? Can anyone shed any light on this or am I getting totally confused?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
land_of_bo

« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 07:32:30 »

Yes, legally you have to advertise a job, even if you know who you are going to employ.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 07:38:32 »

So where do they advertise the managers role at STFC? Would like to see the advert!  :-))(

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 09:51:27 »

Gray said they have had over 20 applications but no advertisement for the job has been posted according to yesterdays adver.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 09:56:02 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
So where do they advertise the managers role at STFC? Would like to see the advert!  :-))(

Think they've put an ad in the window of the newsagents in York Road...you'll have to hurry though as they take it out after a fortnight.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 09:56:39 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Gray said they have had over 20 applications but no advertisement for the job has been posted according to yesterdays adver.

Basically a business as high-profile as a football club will not have to advertise as applications will come in regardless - as long as they 'consider' other applications then they are fine I think.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 09:58:48 »

I can imagine Yozza Hughes at the County Ground

"Gizza job"

He did reckon he looked a bit like Graham Souness as well  Soapy Tit Wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 10:09:48 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
I can imagine Yozza Hughes at the County Ground

"Gizza job"

He did reckon he looked a bit like Graham Souness as well  Soapy Tit Wank

Bernard Hill,  was last famously seen as King Theoden in LotR......reminds me more of SSW......we'll not mention Grima Wormtongue.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 10:39:18 »

but again, well done to the board for underlining their confidence in Iffy by announcing how many pissed up crack-heads have applied for the post on the way home from the pub one night; and also for not considering the legal ramifications of such a statement should the current boss, who hasn't yet been sacked officially,  decide he wants to be difficult.  Surely, at the very best, this statement is inadvisable ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 19:47:11 »

Sounds like the good folk of New Orleans fancy working at the County Ground.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 30, 2005, 22:56:27 »

I don't think there is any law that says jobs in Private companies must be advertised. Found this on an employment law website.

There is no general duty on an employer to advertise job vacancies. The EAT has ruled that neither the Sex nor the Race Discrimination legislation impose a specific duty to advertise a post although a failure to advertise might be taken into account in appropriate cases (see Coker & Osamor v The Lord Chancellor, Lord Irvine CA 2001 ICR 507, EAT, later confirmed by the Court of Appeal).

Maybe the board have lined up Roy Keane as player/manager for the end of the season Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: