Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I am going to shoot Orange  (Read 2960 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 01:14:48 »

i got one of them "top up every 30 days and get 300freemessages" 02 tariffs. i topped up on the third but still no free messages. usually it's instant.

maybe they've dropped the whole tariff in 05  :wall

officially blacker than the night.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 09:23:33 »

02 may be shit, Vodafone may be expensive but the real shit phone company is 3.  Yeah yeah, it's cheap but the beauty is unless you're in an urban area you can't make phone calls.  Very handy when I spend quite a bit of time down in Cornwall.  Roll on July when I can come back to the land of the voda.
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 09:45:03 »

I've got to say i've been with Orange for over 5 years now and never had any problem with them at all

That said, i've never had a phone that randomly phones or text's people either

The reception on 3 is gay. My mate has one and works on the road. When he phones whilst on the move it constantly cuts out
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 10:27:23 »

my contract (with O2) is up in a couple of weeks and i wanted a new phone.
So i phoned them yesterday and asked what i could get. basicly told me that all i could have are the shit Nokia phones or else i would have to pay.

I said that shouldt you reward existing costomers with decent deals. They said NO.
Friend at work is going to them as a new customer and getting the Motorola X3?? (the new slim one) for £50. I asked about it for an existing customer and she said it would cost me £250. :evil:

They fuck me off these people.
Anyhow, probably switching to vodafone as i have a mate who can get me the new Sony Ericsson V800 (over £300 in shops) out the back door for £50 in her pocket and a decent tarrif. SWEET!!!

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 8, 2005, 12:57:23 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
my contract (with O2) is up in a couple of weeks and i wanted a new phone.
So i phoned them yesterday and asked what i could get. basicly told me that all i could have are the shit Nokia phones or else i would have to pay.

I said that shouldt you reward existing costomers with decent deals. They said NO.
Friend at work is going to them as a new customer and getting the Motorola X3?? (the new slim one) for £50. I asked about it for an existing customer and she said it would cost me £250. :evil:

They fuck me off these people.
Anyhow, probably switching to vodafone as i have a mate who can get me the new Sony Ericsson V800 (over £300 in shops) out the back door for £50 in her pocket and a decent tarrif. SWEET!!!
dont ask for an upgrade, tell them that you're thinking about changing to voda/orange/tmobile etc. and they should throw a load of free stuff at you
Sussex

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 8, 2005, 13:16:38 »

That's what I did last year.

o2 wanted to charge me £75 to upgrade to a Sony Ericsson K700i, so I said I'd rather get a new contract with Voda. K700i was delivered next day, no charge.
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 01:37:22 »

The problem with phones companys is they pay a lot of money for the handsets. A motorola V3 costs £300 to buy in. If they give people a free phone every year profit is pretty much zero. (unless its a super high spender).

coming as a new customer they take the risk that you are going to be a super high spender and give you a huge discount on the phone. People never used to complain about having to pay for a phone. So spoilt nowadays.  Sad

Easiest way to get cheap phones is change between networks every year. People who upgrade are silly. no promotional tariffs and no super cheap phones.

Rigobert Song La la la
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: