Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unhappy at Sacking of King / New Appointment /The Board  (Read 3773 times)
fatbury

« on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:52:57 »

Another example of an inept board - sacking a manager when they have given him no resources or way forward for the club in order to sell it to new players.  You can blame King if you like but I think he did an excellent job with the tools he was given. To replace him with someone within who has no experience at a time when the club is struggling as a whole is tantamount to football suicide.  Onoura will stuggle and not last that many games - I predict in 3 or 4 games, i mean DEFEATS, time the fans will be calling for a new manager.  Thats when they will dish out a manager such as Bobby Gould or Alan Ball - someone else cheap who they can appoint with no thought.

I had continued to follow the town despite some early poor results hoping that Kingy would turn it around .. without him there is no chance of that happening and Im not sure Ill be visiting so regularly from now on.

The board needs to have a hard look at what they are trying to achieve and start by appointing a half decent chief executive as Sandy Gray is alienating supporters against it with her ineptitude at the job. It is simply TOO MUCH MONEY to watch and yet I see no initiatives to help any supporters through this.

Obviously I want the club to do well but I find it hard to support a manager who is obviously just an easy choice .. so expect me to be the first one to call for his head ... for the record I never called for Andy King to be sacked EVER

Unhappy Swindon fan! Sad
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:54:58 »

Andy King was the easy choice when he was appointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:55:33 »

Can't say i'm that pleased with Iffy's appointment but i think King needed to go.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:57:57 »

I see what your you saying,I wanted King to stay.I'm still a little annoyed but we all should give Iffy a chance he could be the one for us Cheesy

Things can only get better,can only get better da da da :\/  :|

RED ARMY
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:58:03 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Can't say i'm that pleased with Iffy's appointment but i think King needed to go.

Totally agree.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:59:43 »

There aren't may options. The club is skint, broke, has no dosh. The fan base is down and the crowd divided.

The board were pressured by the fans to try something, but had to do it for free. Iffy/Reeves/Woan were the only options.

I too worry Iffy won't have the contacts to bring in players and change things come January. On the flip side at least we won't bicker with each other....
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 11:59:52 »

Fabury - King had done the hard part and assembled a decent squad with no money.  He has fallen down an his tactical and motivational skills. His time has come.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:00:00 »

Quote from: "sade"
I see what your you saying,I wanted King to stay.I'm still a little annoyed but we all should give Iffy a chance he could be the one for us Cheesy

Things can only get better,can only get better da da da :\/  :|

Great choice of song to run out to at our next home game! Cool

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:01:10 »

indeed Smiley

RED ARMY
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:01:58 »

in a non I'm-glad-king-has-gone way Cool

RED ARMY
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:03:02 »

I don't think anyone's going to be over the moon at such an appointment but in the situation we're in, it's pretty much all we could hope for.  

So Iffy's in charge for a while, so what.  I'm hoping least he won't be playing 1 up front and maybe it'll breed a little confidence, dawn of a new era and all that kinda thing.  Well here's hoping anyway!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:04:27 »

4 up front against Doncaster  
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:15:10 »

king was only in charge because he threatened to sue for unfair dismissal!!!

mate, you obviously arent quite town thru and thru if the sacking of a tactially inept manager is gonna keep ya away from the ground...

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:16:53 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
king was only in charge because he threatened to sue for unfair dismissal!!!

mate, you obviously arent quite town thru and thru if the sacking of a tactially inept manager is gonna keep ya away from the ground...

I agree.

If Saddam Hussein was our boss, i'd still watch my club.
fatbury

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 26, 2005, 12:19:01 »

No ive only been going since 1979 ... but theres a limit to how much you can pay when your heart isnt in it ... i blame the board

(and being the idiot I am .. ill probably still go!)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: