Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, August 16, 2024, 20:25:57)
Jack Bycroft - 4 (7.4%)
Miguel Freckleton - 1 (1.9%)
Will Wright - 1 (1.9%)
Tunmise Sobowale - 21 (38.9%)
Rosaire Longelo (sub 62) - 0 (0%)
Jeff King - 8 (14.8%)
Jake Cain - 0 (0%)
Joel Cotterill (sub 71) - 0 (0%)
Nnamdi Ofoborh (sub 62) - 1 (1.9%)
Aaron Drinan (sub 62) - 0 (0%)
Paul Glatzel - 3 (5.6%)
Grant Hall (on 62) - 0 (0%)
Ollie Clarke (on 62) - 0 (0%)
Harry Smith (on 62) - 5 (9.3%)
Harrison Minturn (on 71) - 0 (0%)
Dylan Mitchell (on 71) - 3 (5.6%)
None of the above - 7 (13%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley v Swindon MotM Thread  (Read 1535 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2024, 09:03:41 »

I didn't watch so voted none
😂 that's fair!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2024, 09:06:36 »

It's more justifiable than the three for Bycroft (or two for Glatzel, more controversially)
True. That's probably the 3 comedians on here being oh so ironic!🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2024, 10:35:05 »

3 for Bycroft.....taking the piss or actually blind?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2024, 11:02:03 »

I voted King, thought he was the best outlet, for Sobowale in the 1st half and attacking threat in the 2nd on the left.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2024, 13:44:52 »

3 for Bycroft.....taking the piss or actually blind?
This is always the problem with keepers. Some people will actually believe he saved us as he also made a couple of saves as well. The thing is pretty much every professional keeper would have saved exactly the same shots so it’s only really mistakes, organisation/communication/decision making and those truly outstanding saves that separate keepers. Ironically the ones that make saves look good are usually the more average keepers, the best in the world have a knack of making what is actually a hard save look relatively easy.

With Bycroft the saves he made last night he should have made and he let in goals he shouldn’t have done so there’s no case for him being MOtM
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2024, 13:45:38 »

the Bycroft votes are a bit weird given that none of the above is now an option . I tipped him as player of the season but it's not looking great at the moment.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 15, 2024, 16:17:59 »

Went for King as he seemingly appears to be a pretty consistent player. Special mention to Smith and Sobowale  King though created several outlets, so it was him for me and I think he'll only be more solid as the season goes on.

On Bycroft, he is not a Number One type of keeper. I think he potentially does in the future but I feel he's more of a Phil Smith type. Decent bloke and can deputise when needed to cover injury, suspension, international duty {lolz} or simply giving the keeper a rest from say the JPT, League Cup, Wiltshire Shield or any other fixtures where you'd be confident of using your second string keeper or the risk is much lower.

Town desperately need a proper number one, or at least someone like LMc to both give experience, pressure his position but also remove pressure from time to time. It's not fair on Bycroft that he's been given the automatic starting xi slot {even if he feels upto the responsibility} as it's glaringly obvious that he's just not commanding enough over a whole season. Your defence includes your keeper, and where we've had ok keepers at times with absolute shaky defenders, it seems to have swung a bit the other way, where the defenders now can't be assured of their keeper.

Appreciate that Town have had it much worse but this still isn't good enough imo for this club. A club, with owner{s} and players that should be seeing anything but promotion out of this division as one hundred percent failure. Whilst the owner{s} under invest, in terms of squad depth then this club will at the best just keep its head bobbing above water...

NB: Sorry for the negative edged post but it feels a fairly accurate representation, along with all the other baggage being dragged along  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: