Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Moonraker Website  (Read 5866 times)
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« on: Thursday, August 1, 2024, 10:43:12 »

The Moonraker website.

https://themoonraker.counterpress.media/opinion/11-07-2024-moonraker-aims-change-direction-regional-sports-journalism-returning-matter

If you aren't aware then please check out this brand new Swindon Town news related website containing news, discussion, features and interviews with current and ex Swindon players and staff.

This is an independent self funding via subscription only with no adverts. The cost is £5 per month (or £50 for the year).

The site will have excusive content that Swindon fans of all ages will be interested in with new content daily.

Its owned and run entirely by Sam Morshead the ex Adver and The Ink journalist and is independant and not affliated with the club.

Please support this new venture if you are able to.

This post is not sponsored by requested by Sam Morshead/The Moonraker its entirely for information only.

Also I am sure that any genuine constructive criticism will be taken on board if posted in this thread.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 1, 2024, 10:45:51 »

I am already in..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 00:45:42 »

I signed up for a year. Looks like a great project and clearly one which Sam is very passionate about and has put a lot of work into it. He spoke very well about it on the LSPOD. Hopefully it will be a roaring success.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 07:55:58 »

I'm signed up for the year. Hopefully Sam can get some real insight into what is actually going on at the club.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 08:06:06 »

I'm signed up for the year. Hopefully Sam can get some real insight into what is actually going on at the club.

I hope so, but he can only report what he’s told or can verify.
I’m sure if he gets too critical the club will stop talking to him, I guess that in itself will speak volumes about how open & transparent they really are
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 17:14:50 »

The thing about football people is that they all love to talk, it's such a part time gig (hours wise).  Lee Power used to call up the local rag in Cambridge to spread rumours himself.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 17:23:20 »

This is great.

Not so great news for the adver though on the other hand.

Feel for Joe a bit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 17:40:42 »

This is great.

Not so great news for the adver though on the other hand.

Feel for Joe a bit.

I hope it does well enough that they can hire Joe, his writing is too good to be behind the terrible Newsquest website.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 2, 2024, 20:20:37 »

I think there is room for two STFC reporters. Personally I prefer Joe’s output - probably the best I can remember.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2024, 16:00:45 »

I've just signed up for the year, the site is great and the quality of the writing exactly what you'd expect from Sam. Hope it proves to be tremendously successful.

One minor issue (and it might just be me) - there appears to be a Match Previews section at https://themoonraker.counterpress.media/match-previews/, however this isn't listed in the top menu so I had no idea it was there until the preview for tonight popped up on the homepage.

@Sam am I being blind, or is there a link missing from the top menu?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 15, 2024, 15:05:25 »

I've just signed up for the year, the site is great and the quality of the writing exactly what you'd expect from Sam. Hope it proves to be tremendously successful.

One minor issue (and it might just be me) - there appears to be a Match Previews section at https://themoonraker.counterpress.media/match-previews/, however this isn't listed in the top menu so I had no idea it was there until the preview for tonight popped up on the homepage.

@Sam am I being blind, or is there a link missing from the top menu?
Afternoon - sorry just clocked this. Still work to be done on how we present content, user journey, and various other elements - as I guess you'd expect from a young platform, but this is useful feedback and we are looking to make changes this weekend.

As for other comments above, I'd like to think there's scope for a broader Town media ecosystem, and I think Joe does a good job given the constraints of Newsquest. What we're trying to build is different - focused on community and creator - and delivering a reading experience that the local newspaper readers of old might have come to expect, before large publishers slashed and slashed resource.

It's not a full-time gig to begin with for me, but if there is the uptake - and I really hope there is - then it can be, or it would allow me to employ others. We've picked up 442 Moonrakers in 15 days to date, which is a fantastic start.

To everyone on TEF who's backing it, I'm really very very grateful.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 15, 2024, 15:16:58 »

We've picked up 4-4-2 Fucking 2!!!  Cheesy Moonrakers in 15 days to date, which is a fantastic start.

Well done Sam, enjoying the content so far.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 15, 2024, 15:18:32 »

Afternoon - sorry just clocked this. Still work to be done on how we present content, user journey, and various other elements - as I guess you'd expect from a young platform, but this is useful feedback and we are looking to make changes this weekend.

As for other comments above, I'd like to think there's scope for a broader Town media ecosystem, and I think Joe does a good job given the constraints of Newsquest. What we're trying to build is different - focused on community and creator - and delivering a reading experience that the local newspaper readers of old might have come to expect, before large publishers slashed and slashed resource.

It's not a full-time gig to begin with for me, but if there is the uptake - and I really hope there is - then it can be, or it would allow me to employ others. We've picked up 442 Moonrakers in 15 days to date, which is a fantastic start.

Is there any way it can be changed so we dont have to sign in everytime?
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 15, 2024, 15:20:01 »

Is there any way it can be changed so we dont have to sign in everytime?

This.
I was going to DM Sam that myself. It’s a pain in the ass.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 15, 2024, 15:21:38 »

This.
I was going to DM Sam that myself. It’s a pain in the ass.
It is something our team slack is non-stop on at the moment, as we appreciate it's a nuisance. We think it is affecting those coming directly to the site via Twitter/X links. Is this the experience you've both had?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: