Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Open letter from the trust  (Read 11641 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 16:14:45 »

The OSC are always against any group that goes against what they see as supporting the club.  Their belief is that ST holders should purchase every year irrelivant of what is going on.  Partly understandable, but also partly frustrating when we are trying to do what we are trying to do.

In fairness it’s because it’s run by people who just want to support the team on the pitch regardless of what’s going on off it, pretty sure it’s always been the same.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 16:27:57 »

In fairness it’s because it’s run by people who just want to support the team on the pitch regardless of what’s going on off it, pretty sure it’s always been the same.

Agree, that is why i say it is partly understandable.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 17:42:59 »

These people are charlatans lawful prey.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 20:03:43 »

But how can any right minded person keep those things completely separate??? It's just not possible...
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 20:08:44 »

The OSC aren’t a protest group - just supporters organising events etc. The trust has a different role. There is room for both to co-exist - I don’t have any problems with that. Maybe the OSC didn’t need to wade in with their response.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 20:20:59 »

My opinion is OSC and the Trust should be as one.
Otherwise anything and everything said will be seen as a disjointed split and used against the "real" views of STFC supporters.
Surely not one STFC supporter can be happy with the current situation of the club and the lack of direction the owners are showing.
A slowmotion car crash.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 21:12:26 »

I think their policy of supporting the club no matter what is horse shit.

Stop being used by our owner as a means of adding credibility to a regime that is overseeing the degradation of our club. So naive. It’s anti-support.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 17, 2024, 21:33:26 by Frigby Daser » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, May 17, 2024, 22:13:38 »

I have no issue with the OSC staying well clear of any discussion about ownership.  In the same light, they should stay well clear of any discussion about ownership! 

They are there to raise funds and provide supporters with a sort of social club related to STFC - that's OK, but they should probably also decline to be dragged into any of it.  So they shouldn't even want to be invited to any such meeting, not that one needs to occur anyway. 

A fan could be a member of both - when they want their voice heard they use the Trust, when they want to have a bit of fun or help out supporters with disabilities, they engage with the OSC.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 09:24:46 »

Season ticket holders were automatically members last season.

"It is our intention to help & support all moving forward & most importantly, represent the fans."

Well, they've thrown their hat in the ring there, but I've only been asked my opinion by a Trust and a Sam Morshead survey.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 11:23:19 »

I'm a supporter of the club, not the board.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 14:51:02 »

At which point does supporting the club become detrimental to it's future rather than beneficial?

Let's say we had an absurdly loyal and blinkered fan base and sold 5k season tickets this season.

This just means Clem stays around longer.

I don't begrudge people for renewing. Everybody has their reasons. It's a ritual for some. A routine.

But if everybody shared the same mindset, we'd be stuck with these chancers forever.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 14:55:41 »

If Clem isn’t going to sell up then the only way to hurt him is for fans to boycott the home games. Yes it’s sad but what’s the alternative?

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 14:58:30 »

Unless of course they’re making money by laundering the proceeds of crime then it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever except the team gets worse and worse
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 15:00:18 »

Maybe it has to get worse to get better!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, May 18, 2024, 15:03:06 »

At which point does supporting the club become detrimental to it's future rather than beneficial?

Let's say we had an absurdly loyal and blinkered fan base and sold 5k season tickets this season.

This just means Clem stays around longer.

I don't begrudge people for renewing. Everybody has their reasons. It's a ritual for some. A routine.

But if everybody shared the same mindset, we'd be stuck with these chancers forever.

Exactly this
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: