Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 15514 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 15:56:29 »

Quote from: adje
Not saying he has to play the whole 45,we can always replace him later. Just need the impetus I reckon

that's fair, but he's not warming up other then the normal kick around so don't get your hopes up.

---

mk movement up front is killing us, and they have the players behind to find them in space
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 15:57:14 »

Well, if ever a half of football should have been recorded and used as future evidence in the case against the club to show how badly everyone had fucked everything up, that was it.

Visually, just look at their bench, and then ours.  They can't even fit in theirs, whereas we'd need blankets to keep our team warm there are so few of them.  How we can hope to develop players, systems, shape etc. when we have one Coach, a GK Coach and an analyst is beyond me.

What Gunning does put out is an attempt to make the football simple.  i can kind of buy that, at this level, it's what Flitcroft did with a team of much worse players (in terms of ability on the ball).  However, just sticking four decent players up top, leaving them there and then putting some wisps in behind them is not going to work.  Today, Franchise players have passed around us so easily at times it should be embarrassing for our players.  Watch that back and you will loads of times where I player has planted their feet and watched the player pass the ball, watched the travel of the ball and then turned to realise the first player is now five yards behind them.

The squad make-up is terrible - there is nobody you can put in the midfield and do the job Dunne and Linganzi did under Flitcroft, which was to shield without the ball and just add bodies in a box to box fashion with the ball.  We have a bunch of flicks and runs types of midfielders.  Nobody wants to take control with the ball (so we can sustain with a pivot type player) and nobody has a Scooby what to do when defending other than be a number.

edit: I forgot the farm pasture land we are playing as further evidence of the general malaise, shitness, incompetence and outcomes from not investing.

Ultimately, it's a metaphor for our club - a Club/Business built on a house of cards will eventually fall down or be blown away.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:02:10 by RobertT » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 15:57:21 »

Poverty performance by a poverty club.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 15:57:53 »

Everything about this club is just utterly depressing at the moment - worst i can remember it.  An underperforming inadaquate and inexperienced squad, an inexperienced and out of depth management team, a pitch that looks worse than the Sunday pitches i used to play on and an ownership that is hanging around by keeping half of the fanbase on strings.  Being taken for mugs..

Fuck this club..

Sums it up perfectly. Clem is taking us for mugs problem is a large portion of the fanbase are buying it

If Clem said the sun was green they would believe him
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 15:58:29 »

Decaying in front of our eyes.

You just gotta keep livin man!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 15:59:55 »

Visually, just look at their bench, and then ours.  They can't even fit in theirs, whereas we'd need blankets to keep our team warm there are so few of them.  How we can hope to develop players, systems, shape etc. when we have one Coach, a GK Coach and an analyst is beyond me.

Considered posting about this earlier. A stark reminder of the corners being cut.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:03:26 »

Austin for McGurk. Would say McGurk was one of our better players but it's hardly an endorsement.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:05:24 »

Austin on for McGurk. Mad Gav just chucks on more attackers when we need to score.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:05:33 »

4-2-4 then

Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:05:37 »

At least we've gone all in on the plan - four central strikers.  No need to try and fix the problem areas, just stick four Linekers up front!
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:06:11 »

what a depressing affair so far . things look pretty dire .  next season is a real worry.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:06:40 »

Austin for McGurk. Would say McGurk was one of our better players but it's hardly an endorsement.
Surprised at that. Would've thought straight swap for Drinan and McKirdy for RHM. Ah well

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:07:46 »

I thought McGurk was brushed off the ball too easily. I would have taken him off too. It would have been nice to bring a strong midfielder on though.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:08:50 »

6s & 7s that half with really McGurk only showing flashes of quality and movement.

So Gunning takes him off. Surely you take off Drinnan for Austin if doing it at HT.

I think Town will score but it'll probably end up 1 - 3 or 1 - 4

Time for a few pints of Beamish  Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 16:09:59 »

I thought McGurk was brushed off the ball too easily. I would have taken him off too. It would have been nice to bring a strong midfielder on though.

We don’t have one what happens when you have non football people running the club
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: