Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC v Barrow Matchday Thread  (Read 14594 times)
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 20:48:24 »

Thats was just my interpretation from high up in the heavens.

Funny you said old boy as I was the one that guided him down the stairs and I'm only 34 😂. Unless you meant my dad.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 21:10:40 »

Good to see cunts are seeing the Clem word as proper offensive

Girl Giggle
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 21:12:15 »

Not quite correct I saw the whole thing happen. “ lump” was giving it to the players and Steve Myton saying he’s complicit in all of this. After the abuse Myton put the middle finger up to them. Maroon hoody came running up the stairs and threatened to kill the lump. Lump went on to say go on then kill me and hit him but Maroon did nothing after squaring up and hid behind steward. Lump then left after old boy “guided” him out. Not a single punch thrown. Just irate fans fed up of the scum owners. Happy to be corrected if any of this is wrong.

He hit him but not a punch thrown, pushed him you mean or?
jeremywrayandnephew

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 21:16:08 »

He hit him but not a punch thrown, pushed him you mean or?

Nah not a single punch thrown at anybody from what I saw. Neither “lump or “maroon”. Didn’t see pushing either. Most heated thing was Maroon hoodie rushing up from lower DRS saying he’d kill matey. and sorry Briggany think it was your dad mate soapy tit wank.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 21:34:57 »

Not quite correct I saw the whole thing happen. “ lump” was giving it to the players and Steve Myton saying he’s complicit in all of this. After the abuse Myton put the middle finger up to them. Maroon hoody came running up the stairs and threatened to kill the lump. Lump went on to say go on then kill me and hit him but Maroon did nothing after squaring up and hid behind steward. Lump then left after old boy “guided” him out. Not a single punch thrown. Just irate fans fed up of the scum owners. Happy to be corrected if any of this is wrong.
Whilst obviously completely the wrong thing to do from “lump” it’s not surprising this is now happening and he’s not wrong in what he’s saying. The Trust are complicit in this and they’ve unconditionally backed this horse. There’s likely to be a lot more of this in the coming months unless big changes happen.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 21:50:25 »

So sad to hear this type of stupidity is going on.
STFC a family club being ruined again and again.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 22:21:47 »

I watched the second half. It was absolutely pitiful.

4 games in 8 days, I believe now, with god only knows what 11 we can put out. (Young's injury didn't look ideal) Flynn today said he can't wait for January, at this rate I can't wait for May (or whenever this wretched season finishes)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 07:18:11 »

Whilst obviously completely the wrong thing to do from “lump” it’s not surprising this is now happening and he’s not wrong in what he’s saying. The Trust are complicit in this and they’ve unconditionally backed this horse. There’s likely to be a lot more of this in the coming months unless big changes happen.

But important to note that whilst the Trust may have backed a very bad horse, they did that with every good intention and they mustn’t be thrown into the same category as the owners, who certainly do not have good intentions.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 08:10:29 »

Where to start...

Walking across the Magic Roundabout, the absolute embarrassing shitshow that is our 'next fixture' signage caught my eye. It has been posted elsewhere on Twitter. BARROW appeared to have been written coloured in with a black Sharpie. This is the first impression that our club gives fans/potential fans approaching the ground. And we are run by people with a background in infrastructure. It is a fucking shambles, yet perfectly sums this regime up. If they can't manage that (...they can't), involving the procurement of some basic lettering I'd imagine on the internet for sub £100, anyone who thinks they are capable of rebuilding the stadium is clearly sniffing glue.

As for the match, I simply can't remember a worse performance in nearly 30 years. We did nothing. We achieved nothing. There wasn't a good pass, a good tackle, a shot of note. Absolutely zip. It was astonishing. The complete lack of desire, professionalism, self respect even from the players was breath taking. Players were bottling tackles. Khan absolutely did down by our dugout in the second half. Thinking of his medical at Wrexham no doubt. The amount of hit and hope, slashed clearances/passes to no one... Did we win a single header? The corners (all short I think...) were dreadful. McEachran might have been the worst. We had one moment where the ball was wide left in the first half and they looked vaguely out of shape. What we needed was a lung bursting midfield run into the box. Instead he ambled forward at quarter speed looking like he was jogging on a Park Run. Kinsella might have scraped a 3/10 in a sea of 1/10s for a couple of blocks. 'Man of the Match'.

Flynn's postmatch was similarly pathetic. We put eleven players on the pitch and they were a disgrace. And yet Flynn just passed the buck, immediately citing injuries. What on earth is going on at Beversbrook defensively? If Hatswell is coaching that he needs sacking. As Phil Smith, who was rather good on post match comms, said, there was a complete lack of desire to stop their goals. That requires zero skill or ability. Shameful stuff.
Flynn also seemed to heap the pressure on Morfuni's return. Interesting tactic.
The fact is, some managers thrive in these situations, pulling together results against the odds, engendering an 'us against the world team spirit'. Flynn is doing none of these things. He's chippy, evasive, weak and passing the buck, and his team is a mirror image of exactly that attitude.

The odd thing is, I actually had a lovely day with family in the company of people I have sat around for years. And on that basis, I'll likely renew. It is just part of my life. But I will not put another penny piece into the club outside that. Not a pencil in the club shop, not a packet of crisps on the concourse, not a drop of drink in the Winners. We need these charlatans drummed out. Now.

Pardon my derision mate but buying a season ticket WILL keep the charlatans in their ‘gilded castle’ I’m afraid to say. If I manage to get any tickets for Boxing Day the only enjoyment I’ll get is seeing and hearing a baying crowd going for those whose actions have put us into a downward tail spin. As for the next FOUR games I can only see a maximum of THREE points.

As I see it getting promoted however unlikely that is is only going to prolong the misery.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 08:28:08 »

Pardon my derision mate but buying a season ticket WILL keep the charlatans in their ‘gilded castle’ I’m afraid to say. If I manage to get any tickets for Boxing Day the only enjoyment I’ll get is seeing and hearing a baying crowd going for those whose actions have put us into a downward tail spin. As for the next FOUR games I can only see a maximum of THREE points.

As I see it getting promoted however unlikely that is is only going to prolong the misery.

Derision seems a bit strong!

I’m aware it’s a bit of a paradox. I want them gone more than anything but equally I don’t want to stop going for the reasons that I’ve said. Most of the people around me are “I’ll come hell or high water types.”

In a way it was easy when Power tried to collapse the club between seasons as we all just had to hold our nerve and not renew.

This situation is more complicated, not least because the bastards have their feet under the table with the ground ownership.

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 08:36:00 »

The sad thing is I don’t think most fans will turn on them on Boxing Day.

Yesterday it felt like a lot of fans have just accepted our fate or still don’t believe Clem is doing anything wrong.

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 08:43:05 »

The sad thing is I don’t think most fans will turn on them on Boxing Day.

Yesterday it felt like a lot of fans have just accepted our fate or still don’t believe Clem is doing anything wrong.

The apathy felt really prominent. Imagine a good chunk of that is embracing mediocrity. At least we've got a club etc.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 09:11:37 »

Seems Flynn has, somehow, made our defending increasingly worse whilst at the same time negating the only thing we were any good at - scoring. Bravo, sir!

I understand where he’s coming from blaming individual errors but if nobody is coaching them re where to be, what to do etc then what does he expect. 2 of their goals yesterday were schoolboy stuff. I was always keen to blame our somewhat kamikaze ‘style’ as the price to pay for being shit at defending but the lack of basics defending those 2 set pieces was criminal.

That 3 year extension was one weird decision.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 09:13:58 »

Seems Flynn has, somehow, made our defending increasingly worse whilst at the same time negating the only thing we were any good at - scoring. Bravo, sir!

I understand where he’s coming from blaming individual errors but if nobody is coaching them re where to be, what to do etc then what does he expect. 2 of their goals yesterday were schoolboy stuff. I was always keen to blame our somewhat kamikaze ‘style’ as the price to pay for being shit at defending but the lack of basics defending those 2 set pieces was criminal.

That 3 year extension was one weird decision.

Their third goal was a defensive 'shrug of the shoulders' stuff. Rank awful.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 09:23:16 »

That was bad.

Barrow nothing special, but said before that it doesn't take much more than good organisation & getting the basics right to feature near the top of this division.

Khan shying away from a dropping ball in the 2nd half with nobody within 5 yards of him was a comedy moment but somewhat concerning.

It will be a tad irritating if we see the same lot transformed into a highly motivated team of whirling dervishes on Boxing Day.

Re the Flynn contract extension it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that there might have been certain assurances extracted from the owner before signing?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: