Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield matchday thread  (Read 22571 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 20:27:31 »

yeah, more a of a valley.

I suspect there were behind scenes contact things not helping but even so.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:10:13 »

here's a harder one. Kemp or Payne.

I think Kemp, just, but is that just because I've seen him more recently - and the gap between him and others is chasmesque?

Agree Kemp, Payne worked hard but was not as creative or dynamic as Kemp.  Main difference though it that Payne was ours, Kemp is not.  If the question was Kemp loan or Payne permanent then i pick Payne.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:10:54 »

No shit Sherlock

Michael Flynn on what it takes to get promotion:

You need experience, but you also need a bigger squad, especially this year when you are playing longer games. Just because you have a big budget doesn't mean you are going to get out of the league, but it does help you build a squad over a period of time. That is what we haven't had.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:16:15 »

That's not what he said in August, September, October.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:17:06 »

No shit Sherlock

Michael Flynn on what it takes to get promotion:

You need experience, but you also need a bigger squad, especially this year when you are playing longer games. Just because you have a big budget doesn't mean you are going to get out of the league, but it does help you build a squad over a period of time. That is what we haven't had.

Is that a change of tone?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:19:34 »

Yeah, not so much a change of tone as a 180 degree change of direction.

All well and good now he has his cosy contract. Doesn't reflect well on him to be honest. At least Morris moaned consistently from the get go!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:36:39 »

Off topic warning:
Kemp or Payne? I think Kemp is a hybrid of Payne and Williams.

I think all 3 are 'luxury' players - You can afford one if the rest of the team is balanced and can cover.

I would like us to take the old George Graham 'boring Arsenal' approach in building a solid back line first. Add a solid midfield that is defensively minded, but has pace and creativity to break teams down. Then, ideally, someone up top who can put the ball in the back of the net when its on the ground or in the air!

Bringing it back into context. Having a big lump like Flint at the back and offering a massive threat up top from corners would be a good start.

I still think 0-2 or 1-3 with Mansfield comfortably seeing out the game without breaking sweat.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:39:46 »

Kemp is a better technically gifted player than Payne but I’d almost go as far to say Payne’s hustle and bustle makes him a more effective L2 player than Kemp is - certainly in a ‘when the chips are down’ sort of way.

Kemp wouldn’t look out of place (in fact probably more at home) in the Championship where as Payne wouldn’t.

Payne was a bit of a leader on the pitch too and dragged people along with him - something Kemp can’t do bit he’s not as far into his career as Payne was when he was here.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:41:59 »

Yeah, not so much a change of tone as a 180 degree change of direction.

All well and good now he has his cosy contract. Doesn't reflect well on him to be honest. At least Morris moaned consistently from the get go!

Or the small squad was fine when we were winning and now isn't on the back of a bad run? Think most of the fans have become more alarmed about the squad size since the turn of form.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:42:39 »

That's not what he said in August, September, October.

Its what he originally said. Wanted a squad of 24. He just then decided to protect Clem from criticism from there onwards for some reason.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:44:03 »

Could well be that Flynn is from the same school as Wellens - Tells the fans what they want to hear rather than what is necessarily the truth.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:48:22 »

Or the small squad was fine when we were winning and now isn't on the back of a bad run? Think most of the fans have become more alarmed about the squad size since the turn of form.

It was never going to be fine and I didn't see anyone saying they were happy when the window closed.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:49:59 »

I hate these comments. Its like people are living in another reality. People were complaining throughout the window and getting mocked for it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:51:38 »

Putting the onus on Clem for January, for sure.

‘It’s not my fault, guv’
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 10:59:48 »

Does Steff The Troll still want to make a case for us just not getting the chance at the right players or what?

I wonder if he wants Flynn to come up with some bright ideas to increase revenue or stop talking.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: