Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra prematch and match day thread.  (Read 26021 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 10, 2023, 23:55:30 »

Can anyone assist me in getting a cheap ticket for the game? I love taking my boy, and he loves going, but the £30 is just too much. Throw in a hot chocolate and a bag of crisps, with bus as wl, it's well over £40. That is a lot of money that I cannot justify unfortunately. That is a few days food shopping.
Have you looked at Townend tickets, usually a few pounds cheaper if that helps?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:18:48 »

It's unlikely but I wonder if any season ticket holders can't make the match...it is the summer hols so often it impacts things like footy attendances. Maybe someone can be a hero and allow use of it. You could then repay them back in kind {and no, I don't mean a blowjob} or offer your time to them.

I'm a big advocate of exchange skills/favours/etc. I think it makes us stronger as a collective rather than just exchanging cash all the time. Plus, it also can build new openings, friendships, networking and more. An exchange of cash only promises to pay the bearer but an exchange of time can bring so much more.

Hope someone can help you out Sippo. Maybe reach out to the club and explain your predicament - although I'm aware many people will say watching football is a privelege etc. However, at least you're definitely genuine...unlike definitely not Sport JOE  Roll Eyes

I actually think the Season Ticket exchange is a good idea.

Obviously this is bad business for the club as they potentially lose out on a number of £27 match day ticket purchases so I can't see them getting behind such a project.

In a lot of cases, there are always friends and families that people can give their ticket(s) to, but I'm sure there are also times where there just aren't any takers. I 'think' tickets can be shared electronically these days so does of course rely on an element of trust, (Imagine sharing your ST with a stranger for a one off game and he/she ends up using it for the rest of the season by entering the ground as soon as it opens Smiley ) but it's potentially a good idea Kev. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 07:50:17 »

I was looking on Rich Banyard's site this morning, (as I reckon Crewe might be the team I have seen Swindon play the most) and I noticed that the crowd for this game when we were both chasing promotion in the 2019/20 season was 7,601 which seems much lower than I recall.

Compare that to the Exeter game less than a month later which had an attendance of 13,095.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:04:59 »

We did look at the Townend, but still very expensive.

Can I just say a huge thanks to everyone who has reached out. Genuinely hand on heart it means so much. One person even willing to pay for our tickets. There are some good souls in this world.

I think the club have made a huge mistake with regards to pricing this year. I can't afford a season ticket and feel priced out attending.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:08:47 »

Hey Sippo, hope you get it sorted.
Genuine interest is how much more is it for you compared to last season?
There’s a campaign at the moment “£20 is plenty” I believe it’s called which I doubt will come to fruition but a good idea nonetheless less.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:10:04 »

So genuinely interested, but don't feel like you have to answer at all if it's uncomfortable - would you be able to go no hesitation if the pricing was the same as last year, or is mostly an increased cost of living makes any outlay on tickets pretty difficult?

I don't know how we'd administer this exactly (perhaps the club would need to) but I think people would pay into a fund to cover kid's tickets or a proportion of any walk ups tickets. As you've seen, there are people who will pay outright but I imagine that might not be quite what people are looking for?

I do agree that the "do you know someone who works at Nationwide" lottery is a bit unfair though, although I'm sure the cost is at least partially recovered from sponsorship.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:14:35 »

I bloody love Flynn. Straight the point.
Shade, Wakeling and Minturn are the three that comes to mind on wanting a move away, whether that’s loan or permanent.
ON DEPARTURES

I hope no one goes. There's nobody off the top of my head who I would let go. There might be a couple frustrated about game time, and those conversations might happen later on. But at the moment, no.

ON PETERBOROUGH

I thought we were brilliant. We had the best chances, but clearly we need to practice penalties.

9:15am
ON SQUAD AVAILABILITY

George is fine. Jake Cain is back training. Tyrese Shade could be back for Wrexham.

ON NEW PLAYERS

It'll be one or two more. Because of the new injuries, ideally, it could be three. But it's only likely to be one or two more.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:16:50 by Kaufman » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:31:11 »

So genuinely interested, but don't feel like you have to answer at all if it's uncomfortable - would you be able to go no hesitation if the pricing was the same as last year, or is mostly an increased cost of living makes any outlay on tickets pretty difficult?

I don't know how we'd administer this exactly (perhaps the club would need to) but I think people would pay into a fund to cover kid's tickets or a proportion of any walk ups tickets. As you've seen, there are people who will pay outright but I imagine that might not be quite what people are looking for?

I do agree that the "do you know someone who works at Nationwide" lottery is a bit unfair though, although I'm sure the cost is at least partially recovered from sponsorship.

Fair questions. We went to some games when could afford it. We just have to pick and choose. Don't get me wrong, I paid £150 for the boy to be mascot and bought the new away shirt for him, so didn't need to do that but I still don't agree with ticket prices. I guess all prices have gone up. Just a shame really.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:33:31 »

Sorry to ask again but can someone enlighten me how much more it is for an adult and a kid to go this season compared to last?

Appreciate peoples financial situations are changing all the time.
I just asked the trust and the club if something could be set up to help subsidise families who are struggling financially.
With the club and the trust having been given the ground for free, I would hope there’s room for this kind of thing to be implement. Even if it helps a few families every season.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:44:29 by Kaufman » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:44:11 »

It's about £7 difference. Which doesn't sound a lot but times that by say 10 games.

Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 08:45:11 »

It's about £7 difference. Which doesn't sound a lot but times that by say 10 games.

Gotcha and as a father of two young children, I completely understand.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 09:28:07 »

Sippo, I work at Nationwide and happy to get you cheap tickets. PM me if interested.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 09:29:10 »

Missing Crewe and Sutton due to Holidays. Mate has the ST.

Sort of unwritten rule that he bungs me a tenner...thatll do. Cant make em all.

Clems Army!
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 09:40:52 »

Sippo, I work at Nationwide and happy to get you cheap tickets. PM me if interested.

Fair play to youJayo👏👏
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 11, 2023, 09:49:16 »

Thanks mate, appreciate the thought.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: