Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another non transfer rumours with maybe a rumour  (Read 4483 times)
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:05:05 »

Is tonight’s Flynn thing being streamed/on the radio anywhere?

Or have I completely misunderstood what type of event it is
Not being streamed as far as I know. 
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:32:17 »

As they are charging people to attend there is no way they would then stream it
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:34:54 »

Perhaps a new player will be announced/be there?!

I actually think that would be a cool thing to do. Announce it first to those there, post online soon afterwards. A little bonus for those that paid.

Will the club do that....
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:36:57 »

I actually think that would be a cool thing to do. Announce it first to those there, post online soon afterwards. A little bonus for those that paid.

Will the club do that....

Hyabb has called things in the past, is this his ITK on show??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:42:41 »

Every evening I wake up and hope to see 2-3 announcements regarding players in.

This is getting ridiculously close to the season now.

Just going back to what’s Cowley was saying about loans & us not likely to get any PL loans in due to the PL wanting high % of the wages - where as L2 don’t.

I’d have thought it would be the opposite tbh. If Bradford don’t want Young then you’d think they’d want as much of his wages off the books so they could reuse them. Even as a modest squad player he probably takes up a decent % of their budget. Compare that with a PL youngster who may earn more but will be a much, much lower % of their teams total wage budget - I dare say such an insignificant amount that saving those wages would be absolutely no difference to them…
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:42:47 »

Hyabb has called things in the past, is this his ITK on show??

Not at all, just wouldn’t surprise me
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:45:45 »

Every evening I wake up and hope to see 2-3 announcements regarding players in.

This is getting ridiculously close to the season now.

Just going back to what’s Cowley was saying about loans & us not likely to get any PL loans in due to the PL wanting high % of the wages - where as L2 don’t.

I’d have thought it would be the opposite tbh. If Bradford don’t want Young then you’d think they’d want as much of his wages off the books so they could reuse them. Even as a modest squad player he probably takes up a decent % of their budget. Compare that with a PL youngster who may earn more but will be a much, much lower % of their teams total wage budget - I dare say such an insignificant amount that saving those wages would be absolutely no difference to them…

The starting wage of both players will be very different, but the likely issue for the PL club is wanting some skin in the game for the lower league club.  They do not want the player to be left on the sidelines, so these deals come with a high financial penalty for not using them, which I presume Cowley is suggesting is too high a financial risk.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:46:16 »

Not at all, just wouldn’t surprise me

Oh OK that was me hoping again
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 17:56:59 »

The starting wage of both players will be very different, but the likely issue for the PL club is wanting some skin in the game for the lower league club.  They do not want the player to be left on the sidelines, so these deals come with a high financial penalty for not using them, which I presume Cowley is suggesting is too high a financial risk.

That I can understand & a lot of us said that was why we suspected Kadji got a cameo every week

Covering wages wise - makes no sense to me. What for example a Spurs youngster earns a week is probably the equivalent of 10% of Harry Kane’s goal bonus. Spurs aren’t going to need that cost saving.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:16:30 »

Third hand from someone on Twitter who's talking to someone there tonight:

-1 of the 3 mentioned on Sat has fallen through due to a player not wanting to go the opposite way

-Remain in talks with another (got the impression it’s a trialist)

Now I am concerned.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:18:00 »

Very poor and exactly why you don’t leave it until the last week to get your business done.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:19:48 »

And you have to presume Lavinier will not be in the best mood right now, having been touted as a makeweight.  It's just all wreaking of not being able to afford the right type of players right now.  This was my concern when Flynn was mentioning about "inflated" markets - the market may be higher, but that may just be the market, you know, like Eggs in the past year.  If you want to make Eggs Benedict you need the eggs, you can't replace them with Tofu, not without taking a hit on quality, or if you still hold on for the eggs you may never get the breakfast/brunch you were after at all.
DMC

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:20:56 »

If that is the case then i apologise to Cowley who appears to right if we can only bring in 1 player based on 1 leaving. Absolutely disgraceful from the club  
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:30:44 by DMC » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:21:39 »

Oh wow
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 18:22:21 »

And you have to presume Lavinier will not be in the best mood right now, having been touted as a makeweight.  It's just all wreaking of not being able to afford the right type of players right now.  This was my concern when Flynn was mentioning about "inflated" markets - the market may be higher, but that may just be the market, you know, like Eggs in past year.

Yeah, feel for Lavinier here, sounds like he’s almost being forced out.

Why did we even begin discussions with a player we knew there would be a fee involved for if we didn’t want to pay it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: