Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v STFC 5/8/23  (Read 30876 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 21:49:44 »

I saw someone coming out of Coldhams Lane Sainsbury's with a Swindon shirt on the other day. You sir, have revealed yourself as number one suspect 😁
Ha! If it was last season's away shirt then you may be on to something 😬

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 06:42:25 »

He’s wasted playing football

https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1687964537650106368?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 06:44:07 »

Saw this on the STFC Facebook page maybe it's time clubs invested in machines to clear water from the pitch like they have in cricket.

* IMG_4858.PNG (265.49 KB, 1210x1347 - viewed 284 times.)

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:00:52 »

I was sat in my car in Burnden Park car park,  got told by a burger vendor it was off. Went to the nearby pub.
The King Billy  ? ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:32:10 »

Saw this on the STFC Facebook page maybe it's time clubs invested in machines to clear water from the pitch like they have in cricket.
The local radio reported yesterday that the ref had said at 1.45 that the pitch would be playable as long as there were no torrential downpours between then and 2.30. Unfortunately, that's all it did do. It rained torrentially, non-stop until 2.30 and beyond and no amount of expensive machinery could have done anything about it. The continual rain was the problem and is what people who weren't there, need to understand.

I've no idea what point that person who took the pictures is making. The picture on the left, taken 20, 40, 60 miles away or wherever with the sun out...so what? It wasn't like that in Colchester unfortunately, otherwise the game would have gone ahead, no problem...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:34:36 »

The local radio reported yesterday that the ref had said at 1.45 that the pitch would be playable as long as there were no torrential downpours between then and 2.30. Unfortunately, that's all it did do. It rained torrentially, non-stop until 2.30 and beyond and no amount of expensive machinery could have done anything about it. The continual rain was the problem and is what people who weren't there, need to understand.

I've no idea what point that person who took the pictures is making. The picture on the left, taken 20, 40, 60 miles away or wherever with the sun out...so what? It wasn't like that in Colchester unfortunately, otherwise the game would have gone ahead, no problem...

There was a video doing the rounds on twitter of the ref kicking the ball during the pitch inspection. It barely moved… was no way that game could have been on.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:41:53 »

I have every sympathy for the people who had a wasted (expensive) journey, but it was just a freak situation, no one to blame.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:44:12 »

There was a video doing the rounds on twitter of the ref kicking the ball during the pitch inspection. It barely moved… was no way that game could have been on.

It looked ok in the middle of the pitch and the ref did kick a ball and it rolled met by a roar from the Swindon end.
The sides of the pitch another matter. The ball didn’t even bounce once and didn’t move.

No way would it could play.
However the frustration was only a few rakes and two forks out there. Money is tight at this level, just s pity they don’t have these sponge machines as Jimmy mentioned above.

Ohh well we have to move on, dry now but light in the pocket.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:45:52 »

I have every sympathy for the people who had a wasted (expensive) journey, but it was just a freak situation, no one to blame.

Indeed. One of those shit happens and move on.
Detest Colchester away thus having to go a Tuesday night not good, taking time off work.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 07:56:05 »

Kitman giving it some

https://twitter.com/official_stfc/status/1687832120847138816?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:05:43 »

Yeah, the players and coaching staff (and kit men) coming out to acknowledge the fans was a nice touch... Covid saved you a long wasted trip Audrey!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:17:33 »

Oh and a shoutout to the absolute arse hole behind me looking down his nose at the ground staff trying in vain to clear water off the pitch - "imagine how wrong your life has gone" and then his kid started chiming in.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:27:11 »

Oh and a shoutout to the absolute arse hole behind me looking down his nose at the ground staff trying in vain to clear water off the pitch - "imagine how wrong your life has gone" and then his kid started chiming in.

Sounds a nice chap.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:27:26 »

Yeah, the players and coaching staff (and kit men) coming out to acknowledge the fans was a nice touch... Covid saved you a long wasted trip Audrey!
Well, there is that! Hardly a positive compared to the hundreds that made a wasted, costly journey.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 08:46:27 »

seems standard practice that the club is shoddy getting back to people. Might be closed today being match day

Do you have a client reference number? assume you have your card.

has that been linked to the online account. Can you see your loyalty points?

you should see it when you log in and see 280 loyalty points/client ref from the "account" section of the tickets site.

if all that looks good in going in early next week and can raise it for you. when do they go on general?

edit: ah Tuesday, I can try and go in Monday if it's open, let me know your client ref number and name/stand/seat after you've checked above (dm)
Checked. Although I’m a new ST holder I haven’t been given any loyalty points. Not sure if it’s the club that’s supposed to add them or me - if me, how.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: