Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 59091 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 20:42:33 »

6.5 permanent signings per club on average. It's not great evidence for the market being completely unnavigable for clubs at our level, is it?

We continue to have the joint smallest squad (with Morecambe) and second youngest (after Crewe) According to transfermarkt

Like a lot of people I've spent the summer scrolling daily through the BBC transfers completed page and while a shot load of signings have happened in League 2 there aren't many that I looked at and thought "he'd have done for us". There's been a lot of inexperienced youngsters from PL and Championship clubs signed. A few League 2 journeymen being swapped around by the smaller clubs and a few non-league punts being made.

Commanding, experienced centre backs have been rare. Centre back signings have generally been youngsters on loan, or players from one mid table league two side moving to another at the end of their contracts. I don't remember seeing anyone landing a player I was gutted to miss.

Of the central midfielders that have moved I think we might have got a couple of the better ones. I don't think there are many that I'd have had in place of Kemp and Kinsella. I'm not sure I've seen any left sided players for the wingback position.

All round I don't feel we've missed out on a load of players. Have I missed any significant transfers?

..never go back.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 20:50:45 »

Not many league one clubs buy from league 2 which must say something about the quality in general.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 21:30:14 »

Not many league one clubs buy from league 2 which must say something about the quality in general.

Quite, and if we want players from higher up the league's those deals will only start to get done in the next couple of weeks.

..never go back.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 22:17:32 »

Like a lot of people I've spent the summer scrolling daily through the BBC transfers completed page and while a shot load of signings have happened in League 2 there aren't many that I looked at and thought "he'd have done for us". There's been a lot of inexperienced youngsters from PL and Championship clubs signed. A few League 2 journeymen being swapped around by the smaller clubs and a few non-league punts being made.

Commanding, experienced centre backs have been rare. Centre back signings have generally been youngsters on loan, or players from one mid table league two side moving to another at the end of their contracts. I don't remember seeing anyone landing a player I was gutted to miss.

Of the central midfielders that have moved I think we might have got a couple of the better ones. I don't think there are many that I'd have had in place of Kemp and Kinsella. I'm not sure I've seen any left sided players for the wingback position.

All round I don't feel we've missed out on a load of players. Have I missed any significant transfers?

Harry Smith is the one who I think would have been a great fit for this squad. Offers something different up top.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 05:15:07 »

Harry Smith is the one who I think would have been a great fit for this squad. Offers something different up top.
As we already know from quite a few pages back, we were in the mix for him but he decided to go elsewhere.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 10:12:42 »

As we already know from quite a few pages back, we were in the mix for him but he decided to go elsewhere.

I suspect we may not have lied convincingly enough about his chances of a regular starting slot.

..never go back.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 10:22:14 »

I suspect we may not have lied convincingly enough about his chances of a regular starting slot.

This is a very good point and something I’d not considered.
It must be hard for Flynn to convince forward to join.
If you saw Charlie Austin (his name alone not his current form) and RHM who we know has so much potential. Plenty of forwards would rather choose a club where they are guaranteed a starting spot.
We know both of them are injury prone but you get my point.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 10:48:40 »

Yeah. You don’t want to be an experienced lower league striker who isn’t a starter.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 11:10:00 »

Good point.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:33:33 »

James McLean to Wrexham
DMC

« Reply #535 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:36:34 »

Oh thats a good signing, very good
« Last Edit: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:39:23 by DMC » Logged
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:38:53 »

Oh thats a good sgigning, very good

Not confirmed yet, but believed to be having a medical today
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:41:11 »

That'll get the section of Wrexham fans that love signing about the IRA a hardon then.
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 15:47:14 »

That'll get the section of Wrexham fans that love signing about the IRA a hardon then.

Yep, already in full swing on twitter 😑
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Friday, August 4, 2023, 16:11:27 »

£250,000
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: